My Best Friend

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

We freak out a little more while standing in the middle of the street. The boys are still standing there, looking at us. When we finally let go of each other I turn to face them. They're just smiling. I smile back because this is the biggest gift they could've ever given me. Yixing had this proud smile on his face and I want to wipe it off. I can't because we're all here together and Amalia is here too.

"Let's go inside", Suho says and we follow.

It's not that safe to be standing in the open road like that. People might find out where the EXO dorms are. When we get inside I take her bags to my room. She'll be staying with me. I have a twin bed anyways.

"I still can't believe you're here..." I whisper while put her bags on the floor.

"Same. When Yixing called me I was like: NO WAY! But it really was him! How the hell did he even get my number?" She laughs.

"I sure as hell didn't give it to him..." But then something comes to mind. " I fell asleep on my bed and woke up with the blanket covering me! It must've been him!"

"He's something else, that guy!" Amalia sighs. "He must really like you."

"I think he does", I wink.

I can't wait to tell her all about before, but for some reason I can't. I have to keep this between us for now. I don't want anyone else finding out. We unpack her things and start heading back to the living room. The boys stopped singing a while back and it's very noisy now. They must be having a lot of fun playing some game.

When we get inside they stare at us. Then I realise I haven't introduced Amalia to everyone.

"Everyone, this is Amalia!" They all bow. "This is Suho, the leader..." I start.

"Ella, I know their names by now", she laughs. "I have made progress!"

"Well it is very nice to meet you Amalia!" Chen steps out and shakes her hand. He's being his usual charming self again. He just can't help himself when he sees beautiful girls, I guess.

"Knock it off, Jongdae!" Tao pushes him away and hugs her.

I can tell he surprised her with this. But that's how Tao is. He always hugs people. One by one they get to know her and I stay back a little. And before I know it I'm beside Yixing once again. How do I always end up here? It's like I'm being pulled to him all the time. He has this kind of power over me. I smile at him and sit down.

"Thank you so much", I whisper.

"For you anything, isn't that what you once told me? Like a few days ago?" He smiles.

"This is the best night of my life..." I sigh.

"Don't say that too fast", he winks.

Did he just...? Was that what I think it was? He suggested something there. This kid is toying with my mind. And my heart.

"You got her number when I was asleep, huh? !" I slap his arm.

"Hey! I'm sorry but I had to get it when you didn't notice me getting it! And what better time than when you were asleep? You always sleep so soundly..." He jokes.

"I'm glad you did it..." He takes my hand in his again while no one is looking. My heart jumps and I just wish we were back in that kitchen. But we're surrounded by so many people.

"Ella! Let's do some karaoke!" Amalia suddenly yells and Yixing lets go of my hand.

We do some karaoke and settle down sometime after midnight. Me and Amalia go back to my room after an exhausting first day. It couldn't have gone any better for us. This is a day that will go down in history for me. Something I will always remember as the day I was the luckiest person on the whole planet.

"Can I talk to you by 1 am?" Yixing whispers before we go back to my room.

I nod and he smiles. Amalia drags me to my room. We change and fall asleep immediately, at least she does. It's just a few minutes until it's time to go see him. I get up as quiet as I can. I slip out and I sigh. I'm wearing those short shorts again he was commenting me on when we were dancing. I smile to myself. I know he secretly likes them. I turn the corner and I collide with someone. When I get up I see it's Yixing. He takes my hand and drags me into an empty room. Apparently it's my walk in closet.

He pins me against a free wall. His hands are on both sides of my head. I look in his eyes and they're so black because it's dark in here. We don't turn on the lights.

"Told you not to wear those shorts, didn't I?" He smiles. I can see he does because my eyes have adjusted to the dark.

"Admit it, you like them", I joke.

"Okay.. I do..." He even blushes a little. Cute when he's being y. Name must be Yixing if you want to accomplish that.

"Come here", I say and pull him in for a kiss.

He doesn't push me back or anything. He just kisses me back while I slide my hands behind his neck and pull his hair a little. His hands move to my sides and push me closer towards him. This is the best thing in the world. I am kissing this guy for the second time now and it only keeps getting better. I'm getting dizzy again. He makes me go crazy.

We let go and both breathe very hard. I lay my head against his chest again. It's my favourite this next to kissing him. We stay like that for a very long time, his arms around me and hugging me tight.

"Am I ever going to get used to this?" I sigh.

"God, I hope not", he sighs back.

I pull back a little and smile. He caresses my cheek and pecks my lips a little. I lean back against the wall.

"Is this closet going to be our go to?" I joke.

"Yeah, why not?" He winks.

"You are playing a very dangerous game, Zhang Yixing..." I glare at him.

"I didn't hear you complain", he raises his eyebrows.

Damn it. No I can't complain. I'm feeling more alive than ever. And to think he arranged for Amalia to come here. All of them did, but I'm sure it was his idea.

"Thanks again. Having her here makes me a little happier. I was feeling kinda homesick. And she was having a hard time at home too. We needed this. And it's amazing to have someone who gets me here. Of course, I have you! But Amalia is my best friend..."

"I know. I heard you talking at the venue the other day. I knew you were having a hard time. And I was hoping to make you a little happier. It's my life's mission to make people happy! World peace and all!" He says as his eyes light up.

"I know. That's just who you are and what I like about you!" I slap his chest a little.

My hand lingers there. He's wearing a sleeveless shirt and I can feel his muscles coming through. I haven't felt them like this before. I let my fingers trace his chest and his smile disappears.

"You know what you're getting into right?" He asks me with a devilish smile that could compete with Kyungsoo's.

"I do", I wink and he kisses me again.

We stay inside the closet for about an hour. Then we get out, one by one. He pecks my lips once more before vanishing into the dark halls. I find my way back to my room. When I enter the light is switched on and Amalia is standing next to the switch.

She eyes me suspiciously. I stare back. Afraid of how much she already knows. She knows me inside and out. I just know she'll figure this out fast. She always does. I'm an open book to her.

"Where have you been at this late hour?" She dares me.

"Walking around?" I guess.

"Wrong. I saw you coming out of the closet when I noticed you were gone! You know who was there too? Yixing! And he pecked you on the lips! Want to try your explanation again?" She asks me.

. I knew it. She has only been here for a few hours and she already knows! And this hasn't even been going on that long! She is Sherlock. I swear.

"Okay.. I'll give you the full story! Right before you arrived Yixing kind of kissed me in the kitchen. It's been a long time coming. We decided to keep whatever this is, quiet. I couldn't tell you. And to be honest when you arrived I didn't even think about it. I was just thinking about how happy I was that you were here! And then he asked to see me. And yeah, we were in my closet. So we wouldn't be seen. But you saw us. How the hell do you do that?" I run out of breath.

She eyes me again. Then she pats the spot on the bed next to her. I sit down and she hugs me.

"I am so happy for you! I knew something was going on between you!!" She almost screams.

"Keep it down! The others will hear!" I shush her.

"I'm just so excited for you! You can't even begin to know how happy I am for you!"

"I'm sorry if this makes you think of..." I trail off.

"That guy is history! I don't think about him at all now! I'm just thinking about all the hot guys that are living here! Like Chen, man. Is he taken?" She asks me.

"Free as a bird. Why?" I pull up an eyebrow.

"Maybe I wanna have a fling" she winks.

"Then Chen is your man!" I slap her on the shoulder.

We both fall back on the bed and talk about a lot of things. About how much my parents miss me and the people at work. How her dad is doing now I'm gone too. If the journal is doing good. We even talk about the break-up. He really was an . I want to punch him but he's lucky he is so many miles away from me. I even suggested flying out there just to punch him in the face.

"You don't have to. He's not worth leaving South-Korea for! It's way better here. Maybe I'll get a job here too!" She jokes.

"That would be amazing. I miss you more than I'd miss an arm or a leg", I confess to her.

"I know. You're a piece of me too."

I lay my head on her stomach and we fall asleep like that. I'm alway most comfortable when we're like this. She's like my sister. We just happened to be born in different families. But I've found my best friend and I'm never ever leaving her. I want to keep her close. And what's closer than Seoul? If only she could find a job. But life doesn't go that way. She'll be going back in a few days and I'll miss her again.

I wake in the middle of the night and pull some blankets over her. She seems to be cold. And she seems to be dreaming too. I look at her for a while. It looks like she's having a good dream. I smile and lay my head beside hers.

The most precious person in my life is not even a guy. No it's my best friend. Which she'll always be.