Birthday

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

Yesterday we went on a date. It was kind of hectic towards the end because some people recognized Yixing. But it was amazing anyways. He put so much thought into it. It made my heart pound so much faster. Waking up today, Yixing is beside me again. I stare for a moment before getting up and getting dressed. I look at my clock and see the date. Wait, today is the day? Today is my birthday? I hadn't even noticed! Time flies by so fast over here.

No one even knows about my birthday over here. And I'm not going to tell them. This is a day like any other. And Amalia will call me anyways. That's enough for me. If Yixing knows he'll want to give me something. But he's already given me so many things. It's too much for him to do. He even risked his career yesterday so we could have a date. It's enough for now. I should do something in return.

"Hmm, why are you up already?" he asks me while he turns to face me standing like a fool in the middle of the room.

"I have to get something. I'll be back soon, okay?" I tell him and he gives me a lazy smile.

"Not before giving me a morning kiss..." he winks at me and I go over to give him his kiss.

I lean in and peck his lips but he pulls me back onto the bed and traps me.

"Yixing! Get off! I need to be somewhere and now I have to fix my hair again!" I say but he just smiles.

"I don't want to", he smirks.

"Yixing..." I whine and he laughs.

"Fine! Just be back soon!" he lets me go and gives me another kiss.

I fix my hair and tell him bye. I walk out and get into the car. I have to meet up with the president. I got the mail yesterday evening. He wants to talk to me about something. I just hope it's not about the date. I would die if he knows about that. He can't ever know. Not now at least.

I'm getting more nervous while driving over to the office. Mr. Kim drops me off at the entrance and goes to the parking lot. He'll be waiting until I call him to pick me up. I walk inside. The girl at the desk motions for me to follow her. I follow as she leads me through a lot of hallways. Until we stop at a conference room. She knocks, someone answers and she pushes me inside. I walk inside and I see the president waiting for me with translators.

"Ah, Miss Olson. How are you?" he asks of me while he shakes my hand.

"I've been good, how about you, Mr. President?" I ask politely and bowing to him.

"Good! I have some news for you!"

"Why are the translators here?"

"If there's anything one of us doesn't understand we can ask them..." he motions for me to sit down.

I sit down and cross my legs. This man gives me the creeps. I always have chills when I'm with him. I never know what he wants of me.

"Yixing is going back to China soon. It's for his show 'Go Fighting'. You have to accompany him. Your cover is that you have to make clips for a movie we're making. Which is true. And he needs to show you around in Shanghai for the video's. Will that work for you?" he asks me and I know I have to confirm.

"Yes, sir."

"How are things going?"

"Good. Everyone's been in a great mood lately. As you know I've taken up a job with another male group, Big Bang."

"I know."

"It doesn't interfere with my job here. And I should be able to get some time off from practice to go with Yixing."

"Then I guess we're done here", he claps his hands and gets up. "It was nice seeing you again."

"Same for you", I nod as he walks out.

I'm left alone again with my thoughts. I'd almost forgotten that it's my job to keep Yixing happy too. It's become way too real. And falling in love with him doesn't make it any easier for me.

Yixing's POV

There's a knock at the door.

"Are you back already? Couldn't miss me, huh?" I shout and smile a little to myself.

"Dude, I can never miss you!" Chen says while walking in.

"What do you want?" I groan.

"I have to tell you something... Amalia just called me to tell me something. Did you know today's Ella's birthday?" he asks me and I shoot up.

"What?"

"You didn't know... We have to do something!"

Chen sits down on the side of the bed. I sit up and swing my legs over the edge.

"We have to throw a party or something!" Chen suggests.

"Yes! And I still have to get her something!" I start putting on my clothes and doing my hair.

"I'll take care of the party. You just get the perfect gift. Suho will go with you because we need to have a gift for her too!" Chen pushes me out of the room and knocks on Suho's.

"Suho! You need to go with Yixing to buy a present for Ella!"

"Why?" he asks as he still looks sleepy.

"It's her birthday and we all need to have a present. Get dressed! We need to do this without her even knowing!"

"This will be interesting..." Suho states and gets dressed.

Ella's POV

I walk back to he car after calling Mr. Kim.

"Back to the dorms and then to practice", I tell him, already tired from the confrontation.

"Is everything alright?" he asks me and I sigh.

"Yes. Just tired. That man exhausts me..." I whisper.

"I get that."

He drives me back. The dorms are empty, they must have comeback practice. I change and grab my things. I walk back to the car and Mr. Kim drives me to the dance studio. It's still empty. I sit down and tie my laces of my shoes. I hear the door fall shut. Someone's here.

"Hey!" Fay greets me. "We can do some Korean lessons right now if you want?"

"Yes! Thanks!" I say and she sits down.

I pull out my notebook and write down what she says to me. Only the key points. I'm really getting along with the language. I've always been good at it, but Korean is something else.

"You're coming along so well!" Fay praises me.

"What are you doing?" Daesung leans over Fay's shoulder to see. "You're learning Korean?!"

"Yes, I am. Since I live here, it's my duty! But don't tell EXO..." I sigh.

"Promise! Can you talk already?" his eyes are shining with amusement.

"A little..."

"Let's practice then!" he yells and sits down beside me.

He asks me some things in Korean and I try to answer as good as I can. It's good that he's talking slowly. It makes me feel more at ease and I have the time to think things true. He praises me and tells me to continue.

We are disrupted when the choreographer calls us out to join the rest of the group. I blush a little and look down. Everyone's staring at us and whispering. I hate when this happens.

We begin practice and I give my everything. I'm soaked by half time and I need to rest a little. He's pushing us even harder than ever before. Probably because we had a day to slack off yesterday. He's beating us up and no one has any more left after finishing.

"It's your birthday?" Fay suddenly asks me.

"How did you know?" I ask her, confused.

"You just got a message on your phone... I'm sorry I saw..." she tells me and turns red. "Happy birthday anyway."

She gives me a smile and turns to her phone.

"It's your birthday?" Jiyong shouts and all of Big Bang turns towards me.

"Did you hear?" I sigh. This was not what I wanted.

"Yeah! Why didn't you tell us?!" Seungri comes over. "This calls for a party! With booze!"

"Yeah, that's so like you..." Youngbae sighs.

"At least let us give you a ride to the dorms?" TOP asks and I nod.

"Thanks. I appreciate it..." I nod.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they yell in unison. They all hug me and I laugh.

They really are too sweet. They drag me outside to their cars. Youngbae and Jiyong take me into theirs. I'm confused as to why we're taking 3 cars to get there... I thought they were just giving me a lift. This is weird. Something is up.

Youngbae turns up the radio because Ringa Linga is playing. He sings along to it and he sounds better than the studio version. I yell along and so does Jiyong. I forget about what I was thinking about earlier. I smile and have fun with them. Jiyong impersonates Youngbae's rapping and I almost die from laughter. It's too funny.

"Stop! My belly hurts!" I yell and they stay silent for a few seconds before picking up where they left off.

We arrive later than expected and we all get out. They me to the door and ring the bell. I've never rung the bell ever. Except for that one time, the first time. This is still weird as . Suho opens the door and greets all of Big Bang. They all say hi and he asks them to come inside with us.

"We don't have anything scheduled, why not?" Daesung says and they follow us inside.

The lights are all dimmed and I'm having a hard time seeing where I have to go. I bump in to a few things and say some swear words. Suho scolds me for that and then we enter the living room.

The lights come on, lots of people jump up and scream: "Happy Birthday!" I'm shocked. I stand there and look at all of them.

BTS is here, Big Bang joined in too. They even invited SNSD for this. Even Super Junior is here! I smile at them for being considerate. There's a big cake on the table with my name on it. All of EXO is here and smiling at me. I smile back and tears spring into my eyes. I almost cry in front of them. Yixing comes over and gives me a hug.

"Amalia told us", he smiles and I want to kiss him. "Everyone here knows so it's okay."

He read my mind. I kiss him, hard. It's so amazing for him to do something like this for me. I want to keep kissing him but Chen breaks us apart.

"Some of us have feelings too!" he yells at us.

I smile at him and hug him.

"Hey! I want one too!" Tao comes over and pulls me in for a hug.

I hug all of EXO. Even BTS wants hugs. Fay is here too and I smile at her. She probably knew all about this. Next up is Big Bang, they hug me.

"We were in on it", Seungri giggles.

"I knew it! Something fishy was up!" I say and he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

We cut the cake and I get some time to talk to SNSD and Suju. They're like the biggest idols ever and they're here to celebrate my birthday.

"We heard someone special to Yixing was celebrating, we just had to see for ourselves. And you seem like such a nice girl!" Siwon tells me and I blush.

"Gosh, I'm so glad to hear you say that!" I thank him and Sooyoung from SNSD joins us.

"You're so pretty!" she tells me and my hair.

"You're my girl crush!" I blurt out and she hugs me with a wide smile.

"Can I steal her for a little bit?" Yixing then asks her.

"Of course, but bring her back in one piece okay?" she winks at him.

He takes me to the kitchen. Where we had our first kiss. He stands in front of me with a little box in his hands. He opens it and says: "Your birthday gift."

Inside there's a mini unicorn for me on a necklace. I love it. It's made from silver, real silver. I can tell it wasn't cheap.

"Suho helped pick it out for me", he blushes. "Can I put it on?"

I swallow and nod. I can't even speak at this point. He puts it around my neck and then lifts my hair. I feel the cold chain against my neck and look down at the pendant. I love it so much, a tear escapes my eyes. I kiss him, desperately.

"We have something for her too!" Tao yells from the living room.

We enter again and all of EXO is waiting for me with something in their hands.

They give me a bracelet with pendants. It's all of their signs they got at their debut. All in silver, made to match my necklace. They all put their pendants on the bracelet and hug me.

This is the best birthday of my life.