Surprise

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I call my parents. Telling them that I won't be able to make it for their dinner on Sunday and the next Sunday as well. They understand why I can't. They know of my dreams. I stay on the phone for over an hour, in the end they decide to take me to the airport tomorrow. That way they can still see me before my adventure really begins. As you can see, I'm very close with my parents. They always support me in whatever decision I tend to make. Even if they're really dumb, and believe me, some are really dumb. But this was not one of them.

After getting off the phone with them I search for my clothes. It's already very late and I want to be ready for the morning that's coming. Packing is so hard. But I decide not to take too much clothing. Just some comfy clothes and some nice things too. That way I can lounge around when I'm visiting Korea and be immaculate when I meet the boys and interview them. My suitcase is packed and now the time has come to go to bed. Tomorrow would be so exciting.

Next morning: 

"Get up, sleepy!" Amalia shouts in my ear.

"I'm awake!" I shout back.

I am so not awake. I am just telling her so she can get lost. I need to get ready to catch my flight. It's leaving in 5 hours from now. Mom and dad agreed to pick me up at 11 am, so that gives me some more time. My flight is leaving at 2 pm. So I have time.

Getting ready for this is hard. I don't know what to wear. It's absolute hell. I look around in my closet and can't find anything that suits me. I want to be cool and collected when I arrive in Korea, but I also want to be comfy on the plane. It's so hard!

"Amaliaaaaaaaaaa!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Yes?" she says while walking into my room.

"I can't find anything to wear!" I tell her and she just smiles.

"I have just the thing for you!" she tells me while walking back to her room.

I follow her, curious as to what is going on. Once we enter her room there is a wrapped thing on her bed. She picks it up and gives it to me. I stare at her. What is this?

"Open up!" she smiles and motions for me to actually rip the wrapping off the damn thing.

I do as I am told and when I unwrap it I see what she means. It's absolutely perfect. Inside is an EXO sweater, I turn it around and my bias is on there. When I look at it I'm almost in tears. Lay's name is on the ing back of my new EXO sweater!

"OMG, thank you so much!" I yell and I hug her like my life depends on it.

My heart is racing as I touch the sweater again. I am so happy. It is really perfect! It's cool and comfy to wear on a plane and I am going to meet them anyways. I just have to be sure I don't wear it when they see me. My cover would be blown immediately. I smile some more and Amalia just smiles back.

"Wear this with your faded grey and black jeans with holes in them and your all black Vans. You should be ready to go by then!" She says with an enthusiastic voice.

She's almost as happy as me. Like it's her going to Korea to meet her favorite band in the whole world. And that's why she's my best friend. That right there. She knows how I feel and is happy because I feel that way. She doesn't need to give me presents, she just needs to be happy for me. And that's what she's doing. God, I love her to death!

I run back to my bedroom to get ready. I do exactly as she suggested and it looks amazing! Better than anything I have in my closet. I smile at myself and put my snapback on. My hair is going to be a mess when I get off the plane anyway, so a snapback is the perfect thing to wear for this. And it goes along with my outfit too. I am ready for take-off!

A while after the bell rings and that means my parents are here to take me to the airport. I run downstairs to let them in. They come here all the time so Amalia knows them really well. They say hi to her and then come along to my room to get my things. Dad always carries my bag. It's now time to say goodbye to Amalia for the next few weeks.

"I'm going to miss you so much..." she tells me and hugs me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you too! But it'll be over before you know it!" I reassure her.

She pulls back and smiles a little.

"Go live your dream! And bring back souvenirs! I'll be very mad if you don't bring me back something!" she jokes and I hug her again.

"Bye Amalia! I'll see you very soon! And we'll Skype when I get there, okay?"

"Okay! Bye Ella!"

She waves a little and then I get in the car and we leave.

"Are you ready, sweetie?" Mom asks me while she turns around to face me a little.

"Yeah, I'll be fine! This is my chance!" I tell her and she smiles.

We talk a little more while driving to the airport. It's nice to have this kind of relationship with my parents. I can talk to them about everything. It gives me an amazing feeling.

After half an hour dad stops at the parking lot of the airport. We get out and he carries my bag again. When we get inside it still amazes me. This is so big. I never really come here. Just those seldom times I go on a trip. It's really rare for me to go somewhere. We walk over to the check-in. They've already begun and there's a long row of people waiting. I join in while my parents track down a coffee shop for us to go sit. They'll be waiting for me when I am done with all of this.

The line goes slowly, but after a good 20 minutes it's finally my turn to go. I give the lady my bag, tickets and passport. She smiles, puts a tag on my bag and then it's gone.

"Everything seems to be in order, miss. Have a nice trip!" she tells me and then I'm off to find my parents.

They managed to get a table at Starbucks. They love that place. And all thanks to me. I smile as I approach them. I sit down and see them already ordered for me. I pick up my vanilla latte. I'm happy as long as I have that.

And now the nerves start to come. Mom and dad look at me like they know what I'm feeling. And yeah, it's bad. I always get nervous before something big is going to happen. And this is really happening. It's not a dream. I try slapping myself but mom stops me with a smile. I'm in a public place, I can't do these things while people can see me. I'm weird enough already.

The number of my flight is announced and I have to get up to catch it.

"Be careful sweetie. It's strange country", dad warns me.

"I'll be sure to look out for strange people!" I tell him and we hug.

"I'm sure you're going to be great! Call us when you touch down and have fun. We love you." Mom hugs me too and I turn around to get my remaining luggage.

I walk away and look back one more time. They're waving and throwing kisses. They're weirdos too. I love them. I go through the check-up and then I'm in the tax-free zone. I look around a bit before finding my gate. There's no one here yet. But the lady at the check-in is already here. I give her my stuff and she says I can go on board. I do as I'm told and get on. The stewardess greets me and leads me to my place. There are a few people on the plane already, but not much. The other people still have to come. I put my luggage away and put in my earphones. I'm ticking away at my phone some more until take-off is starting. As I look beside me there is no one sitting there. That means my boss bought two tickets to make sure I had an easy flight. That man is the best.

Whilst flying I think about various things. Like how they're going to be when I see them for the first time. Will they be funny and nice? Or more reserved because I'm a foreigner? Or will they be exactly who I want them to be? I have to stay realistic, but my mind keeps wandering. I hope they'll be as cute as they appear to be on all those videos and concerts. That will make my dream come true.

Suddenly Growl comes on and I want to start dancing. I have to give it my all to not do that in the middle of a plane. I know for a fact that that won't be welcomed nicely. So I tick away with my fingers to the beat. God, I love this song. I hope I can make them sing it. Talking about dreaming... A while later I dozed off. Knowing this flight was going to take a while.

"All passengers get ready for touch down", I hear the stewardess say and I wake up.

We're already landing? Wow, sleeping does make the time go by much faster. I'm still a bit sleepy, but waking up gradually. I'm getting kind of nervous. This was so new. Me being far, far away from my home and on my way to meet celebrities. I still can't believe it. I still think someone's going to jump up and say: "Gotcha!" But that doesn't happen. We're already here. And from the sky, Seoul looks amazing. It looks like a very big city. And I can't wait to go out and explore it! I'm hoping to go explore a little tonight. If I don't feel too exhausted from the flight. But I won't. I'll be too excited for this.

The plane touches the ground and I am very relieved to be here. My boss told me someone from S.M. Entertainment will be waiting for me with a sign. That person will take me to my hotel and get me settled in. It kind of feels like a movie or something. We're finally allowed to go off the plane and I rush out. I want to go to the hotel as soon as possible. I fix my snapback and go to the baggage claim. Everything's in Korean, but there are some English signs too, so I find it easily. The bags take a while to come out and mine apparently is at the back. That's the kind of luck I have... I have to wait very long before I can find the guy who has to take me to the hotel. But when I finally find him he has a sign with my name on.

'Miss Ella Olsen', it said.

I walk over to the guy and explain to him that the person on the card board is me. I try to explain it in simple English, knowing that not everyone speaks

English fluently.

"Come this way", he tells me and I'm kind of surprised. He's very good at English, he even has an accent. And a good one at that.

I smile to myself, mentally punching myself for underestimating people. When we get to the car I see it's a limousine. I'm not used to this kind of treatment. But I guess it's the way things go around here.

"There has been a change of plans", the guy behind the wheel tells me.

"And what might that be?" I ask him, politely.

"You're meeting the guys now. They wanted to see you before they did an interview with you. They usually want to get to know the interviewer before the actual interview."

"No one told me that!" I freak out.

They want to see me now? At this exact point in time? What kind of is this? I have to fix my make-up. And bless myself that I decided to wear a snapback. That way they can't see the mess that I call my hair. I take my backpack and search for some make-up. I redo it in the car while driving. And that's when it hit me. I'm wearing my EXO Lay sweater. The one Amalia gave me. And I'm going to meet EXO. They're going to see I'm a fangirl who is kind of in love with Lay... What am I doing with my life? This is bad. Very bad.

The driver stops in front of a tall building, parks the car and then gets out to open my door. I get out, nervous as , and I stare up. This is S.M. Entertainment's headquarters. And I'm going to meet EXO.