Working Out

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

When they get off stage I can't help but smile. They did so well, the whole time they were on there. The fans loved it so much. They're an awesome crowd! It's my first time ever experiencing this in the flesh and not just on fancams and it was perfect. It was everything I dreamed about.

I'm waiting for them when they get off and they rush over like little, very sweaty, children. They surround me and all start talking at once.

"Guys! Wait! One at a time!" I shout, trying to calm them and laugh a little.

"How were we?" Baekhyun asks me and I smile at him.

"You were amazing! It's my first time ever seeing you guys perform live!" I tell him and his face lights up, along with the rest of the group.

"That was so much fun!!!!" Chanyeol shouts and bounces around.

"Go hit the showers, you guys!" I yell and pat them on the back.

They all rush off at once but Yixing. He stays with me and pulls me into a dark corner. I can't speak because he's too close. What's with him today?

"Did you like it?" He says while grabbing my hand and holding it in his.

"Yeah, you were amazing..." I tell him, casting my eyes down to look at our hands.

"I kind of thought about you the whole time I was out there", he confesses and I don't know what to say back.

He takes his other hand and lifts my chin with his fingers. I'm looking into his eyes now. It's like he's trying to tell me something with his eyes. We stand there for a while and our fingers intertwine. He's being so sweet and I don't know why. I turn red for sure, there's no doubt about is, but he just smiles. That cute, little, dimpled smile only he can do. His eyes seem so soft and caring. He squeezes my hand and pulls me in for a hug. His hugs are always so warm and sweet. And they smell of spices and flowers. Now there's a little hint of sweat in it. But I don't mind. It's not like it smells bad. I hold on to him for a little longer because I don't want to let go. And neither does he. I feel him squeezing me a little harder than he has to. My head is against his chest and I hear his heartbeat, it's going so fast. I don't know if it's because of me or because of the show he just performed. I sigh and I feel his head resting on my hair. 

"Uhm..." I hear someone say behind us and we let go immediately. 

When we see who it is we're kind of embarrassed. Baekhyun is standing there, as embarrassed as us. He shuffles his feet a little and looks down. 

"I'm sorry, but everyone was wondering where you went..." he says and then looks up at us. 

His stare is kind of uncertain and daring at the same time. It's like he dares us to tell him what the hell just happened. 

"Then we should join them, thank you Byun", Yixing smiles and walks out in front of me. 

He's pretending for both our interests. We're being way too bold. First him grabbing my hand during that little interview, now hugging in a dark place. It's a bit too dangerous to be doing it so openly. And I don't even know what 'it' is. I have no idea what I am supposed to do. 

"What was that?" Baek asks me when we're alone. 

"Having a hard time with something. He was just trying to help me..." I lie, but kind of not too. It's true that I'm having a hard time being away from Amalia during such a time. Only, Yixing doesn't know about that. 

"Oh okay, yeah. That's our unicorn for you!" Baekhyun jokes, not sure if he should believe what I just said, but going along with it anyway. 

We both go back to the changing rooms and sit down with the rest of them. Yixing is sitting with Sehun and is engrossed in some conversation I can't understand. Damn, I need to learn Korean as fast as I can. I want to participate with the rest of them. 

"If you'll excuse me, I have to send some stuff back to the editorial department and upload some stuff..." I excuse myself and go to another room. 

None of them have the time to react. I sit down in an empty room and open up my laptop. I have WiFi over here. I take all of the little video's and send them over to the editorial department. Now I have to wait until they send something back so I can upload it. I take the time to upload some more pictures to the Instagram account and Twitter account in the progress. I write some on my blog too. I did this too during the show when I had some time. I already have a lot of views and some people actually reacted to it too. 

'I'm glad that we can get updates on the boys now too!' some girl posted. I was so happy to see that. 

There are some unpleasant ones too. People who don't like me for being so close to the guys. Mostly they want me to die or go back to wherever I came from. They don't like the fact that I'm not even Korean. They think only Korean natives should be able to have this opportunity. Which isn't fair at all. But I chose to ignore those things. I react to the good ones and by then I have the video back for the YouTube account. I upload it and pack up once again. 

"Time to go home?" Suho asks me when I enter the room again. 

"Yeah, we can watch the video at home!" I tell them and they cheer. We get in the cars once again and I sit next to the driver this time. I'm way too tired to be getting weird glances from Baekhyun at this time. I want to keep my distance for now. 

We get back to the dorms and we watch the video together on the plasma screen. They all laugh so hard at themselves but agree it turned out well. I see goodbye to them and go back to my room. I need to get some sleep. I fall asleep without any trouble. 

The next morning 

I wake up to someone banging on my door like a freak. I put on a shirt and go to see who the hell could be doing that this early. Chen is waiting for me when I open the door. He takes me from head to toe. Okay, I'm just wearing a very large shirt, so the only thing he can see are my legs. 

"Yes?" I ask, having seen enough of that look. 

"We were wondering if you'd like to come to the gym with us?" he asks me, recollecting himself. 

"Who's 'we'?" 

"Me, Baek and Xiumin. And our trainer of course. We're trying to get some exercise in before the show!" 

"Okay, give me 15?" I say and his face lights up.

"See you downstairs!" he runs off. 

I swear, these guys are way too happy in the morning. I want to kill half of them for being this cheerful. Damn. I dig out a sports bra that also functions as a top and some yoga pants. I look for my black Nikes and find them. It's been a while since I worked out. But it'll do some good. And at least makes me feel a little normal again. As normal as one can feel being among stars. I go downstairs with my bag and they're waiting for me. 

Chen whistles and winks at me. I roll my eyes and see there are other people in the kitchen as well. I tie up my hair and go look for some light breakfast. 

"Are you going to the gym with them?" Yixing asks me when he looks at me with a look of approval. 

"Yeah, need to get some exercise for once!" I say in a cheerful voice. 

"Have fun!" he tells me and gets up. 

"Shall we head out?" Xiumin asks me and we leave for the gym. 

"This will be good", Baekhyun jokes. 

I agree. I'm totally out of shape. They'll probably laugh at me, but I don't care. They're the only ones who can laugh at me without me feeling like a fool. And maybe their trainer can help me. 

"You'll be delighted. Our trainer is from America! Someone who speaks English as good as you!" Xiumin tells me and I brighten up. 

That'll  so much fun. We arrive at the gym and the guy is already waiting. 

"Hi! I'm Jerry. Glad to meet you! I'm their trainer!" he introduces himself. 

"I'm Ella! Nice to meet you too! I'm the one who has to keep the fans updated!" I wink and shake his hand. 

He's a good build guy in his early thirties. He seems very nice. And his accent gives him away. We walk inside and start warm-up. 

"You're staying here in South-Korea for a while?" he asks me and I nod. 

"Yeah, I have a contract. I hope it'll be a long time", I say and he smiles. 

We continue with our workout and before we know it, there's already 2 hours passed. I'm not as bad in shape as I thought. I can actually kind of keep up with them. Jerry praises me for keeping up and the guys do that as well. It's really hard, but I manage. I need to do this for myself. 

"Is there a place where I can dance here too? Because I'd like to practice sometimes. And it's kind of hard at the dorms and I don't always want to go back to S.M. headquarters..." I ask Jerry after the workout. 

"Yeah! We have a special room for that here. You can use it anytime. Just let me know. I'm always here so you can always come see me. I'm the owner of the gym anyway", he smiles and I'm happy. 

"Thank you so much, Jerry!" I thank him. 

We leave, headed back to the dorms. 

Yixing's POV

She looks so good in her workout outfit. It's not even fair. I'm kind of bummed I'm not going with them. But I want to compose some more before heading back to the arena to perform. I've been inspired lately. 

"She looked so good in those yoga pants!" Tao says and I shoot him a mad look. "What?"

"Don't objectify women", I tell him, knowing that I just did the same thing, just not out loud.

"You're such a feminist. I heard you were comforting her yesterday..." he lets me know. 

"Yeah, she's going through some things. I know she misses her best friend and some things happened back in her home country. I want to do something for her..." I say and Tao thinks with me. 

"I wonder what..." he says and we both stare out in front of us. 

"I know! Why don't we try to get her best friend to come here! We can strike a deal with S.M.! They'll fly her over here!" I scream and Tao joins in by clapping his hands. 

"Best idea ever! Let's go over there right now!" he suggests and we get dressed to go out. 

Let's talk to our president and get Amalia to come over here. I know that'll make her happier than I've ever seen her. I want to see her smile like the first time we ever saw her. That smile makes her even more beautiful than she already is. And she is sacrificing her life at home to be here with us. I think we can do something for her too. And it'll be a good reason for a party too!