The Secrets We Keep

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

I get up before Amalia does and go to the shower. I am so tired, but life goes on even when she's here. I dress after a hot shower and go down to the kitchen. No one's up yet. I make some scrambled eggs and toast. Home sweet home. I haven't had his food ever since I came here. I need something from home for once. I sit down and start eating. It tastes like heaven! I'm such a good cook! I finish it all and tilt my head back a little, still enjoying the taste on my tongue.

"Good morning", I hear someone say and I open my eyes to see.

It's Xiumin. He goes around the table and hugs me. He's become so much more open towards me. I love it. He sits down and eyes my now empty plate.

"Eggs?" He asks me.

"Want some?" I suggest.

"Yeah!" He yells and I get up to make some.

Before I know it the kitchen is filled with people who all want eggs and toast. I should've never suggested making them for Xiumin. But it's too late now. I give them all a serving and they gulp it down within seconds. They're such animals. Kai gives me a wink and Chanyeol slaps me on the back. Then Yixing comes over and brushes my hand a little. My heart flutters and I turn red. I turn away from the boys and start cooking again. I need to make a batch for Amalia too. She's not up yet.

"I'll go wake her!" Chen gets up and rushes to my room. I don't stop him. She'll love that! I'm imagining her face when she finds out Chen is in the room with her, alone.

I sit back down with the last batch of eggs and wait for her to come. We're all making fun of Sehun because he looks terrible.

"Hey! I didn't get much sleep!" He yells, clearly annoyed as .

"Yeah, that's why... Haha! You just drank too much!" Chanyeol slaps him on the back.

"Dude, do not touch me!" Sehun says very angry.

I smile at the scene. Kyungsoo next to me is eyeing Baekhyun, who is trying to make a move. I swear, Byun is going to get hit so hard someday. He'll regret it. Of course he doesn't think so. He keeps on trying to pinch Kyungsoo.

I stare across the table. Chen and Amalia are still not back yet. Yixing catches my stare and pulls up his eyebrows. It's kind of a cute sight. He's trying to send me a message. He winks and I turn a little red.

"What's this?" Tao suddenly whispers. Yixing turns his head away and I look at Tao. .

"What?" I ask him, with my most innocent look.

"I saw that..." He whispers some more.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I get up and clean up a little. After a few minutes Chen and Amalia step inside and she eats her food. They were laughing really hard when they came in. Now she seems kind of timid.

"We have to do that TV appearance today?" I ask no one in particular.

"Yeah! I almost forgot you were part of it!" Kai suddenly says and rushes over. He hugs me as if he want to apologise for something. But he didn't do anything wrong.

"It's okay, Kai! I'm excited!"

"Can I come?" Amalia asks.

"Of course! You can be my biggest fan in the audience!" Chen assures her.

She blushes a little more and then smiles. She slaps his hand and he doesn't pull away. Wait, what? What was happening right in front of my eyes? She didn't look at anyone else and I smiled, widely. They must be hitting it off.

"Well, I'm gonna go get ready!" I tell them, but no one pays attention. Only Yixing does. He smiles as he signs he will follow a little later on.

I walk to my closet, leave the door open a crack so he can sneak in. He doesn't come right away so I decide to change. I pull my shirt over my head, I am just standing in my bra and shorts. I am deciding what I should wear to go there.

I bend over to grab something and I hear the door close. I turn around to see Yixing standing there. His jaw drops as soon as he sees me in just my bra. I kind of feel embarrassed. But then that goes away and I feel confident because he doesn't say a word, he just stares. I walk over to him and he closes his mouth.

"That should be forbidden", he manages to say.

"Why?" I eye him.

"Oh, come here!" He pulls me towards him and kisses me, hard.

It's so different from all the other times he's kissed me. There's so much passion behind this. As if he is trying to tell me something. I kiss him back with the same fury and we're lost in our own world there. We slide down to the floor. I lay on top of him and we break our kiss.

"Wait", he says in his husky voice.

"What?" I ask, nervous.

"What's that?" He asks me suddenly. He points at some markings I have at my mid riff. Oh . I totally forgot about that. I need to explain it to him. But I never thought it would be so soon.

"It's nothing?" I try.

"That's not nothing", he sits back up and pulls me with him. We're sitting in front of each other, he's still staring. But not in the good way.

"I'll tell you. But please. Don't interrupt me..." I say. He just nods and his eyes reach mine for the first time since he saw the markings.

"A while back I dated the wrong guy. I was still in high school. He was a little older than me and we hit it off right away. I was young when we started dating. But he was nice to me. For the first few months he was the sweetest guy I'd ever met. But then things started to change. He started getting jealous. Accused me of cheating. Then he got really drunk and would beat me until I was blue. I always covered up because he'd hit me only where no one could see. He wasn't that dumb. He made sure he never hit me in my face. I never checked up on my injuries. Then one day I got really sick. I couldn't move anymore, or breathe for that matter. My mom took me to the hospital and they told me I had a punctured lung because my rib was broken. They saw how many times it had been broken and started asking questions. I denied all of it. I don't know why. I guess I felt like I deserved it? But anyways. Things got out of hand again and in the end he tried to stab me to death here", I point at the scars he saw earlier. "He missed all my vital organs by a millimetre. I got lucky. I reported him and that was it."

I try to stay calm but thinking about it gives me panic attacks. I try to breathe but air doesn't come so easy when I think about this. Lay hugs me and the tightness in my chest resides a bit. I let myself go and cry a little.

"It's okay now. You're safe. As long as I am here, you're safe. I promise", he soothes me. And I believe him.

Yixing's POV

I can't take my eyes off her. She is beautiful. All I want to do is kiss her. And I do. She gives in and we stumble to the floor after a very heated kiss. We break apart a little and that's when I notice it. I thought I'd seen something first but when we kissed I forgot about it. But now I see it clearly. I ask her about it and she first tries to brush it off as nothing. But then I get her to tell me the real deal.

When she's telling me about her ex I almost lose my calm. How can a guy do this to the girl he loves? I can't believe how disrespectful some people can be. He literally tried to kill her. He stabbed her. She has the scars to prove it. Then I notice something else. Something she hasn't told me. She always wears the same necklace. She never takes it off. Not even to sleep or shower. I wonder.

As I'm soothing her and promising that I will protect her I slide the necklace over a little. That's when I see something else. She had a big and long scar across her neck. Like someone tried to cut the main artery.

"Did he also do this?" I ask her in a soft whisper.

"Yes. He tried to finish the job but..." Chokes out.

"Shhhh. I'm here." I pat her head and pull her even closer.

She eventually calms down enough for me to peck her lips. Instead she pulls me in for an even more passionate kiss than before. I don't know what she's trying to do. But then it hits me. She's trying to forget about it. She wants me to make her forget about it. I give in and lay her on the ground. I put my elbows on each side of her head and kiss her with everything I have. She lets her hands wander underneath my shirt. And I almost lose it. I can't do all of this now. I want to make it special. Not in a closet after all she just told me. She deserves more. Our first time will be something she'll remember even if we aren't together anymore. She will smile back on that thought.

Ella's POV

He suddenly pulls back. I pout because I'm kind of sad. Doesn't he want me anymore? After all I've told him? He looks me in the eye and that tells me he does want me. But he's holding back for some reason.

"Not like this", he whispers as he sits down again.

I get up too and sit beside him once again.

"How long have we been in here?" I ask.

"Damn! Too long! We need to get out of here", he gets up and opens the door a little. "There's no one there, we're safe for now."

"Thanks for listening to me", I tell him against his neck.

"I'd do anything for you. Literally", he says and lifts my chin so I meet his gaze. "I will never ever hurt you like that. Do you understand?"

I smile at the soft and determined look he has. He means every word he just said. And I love this. Maybe I even love him? I've just kissed him not even one day ago, for the first time. And here I am. Thinking about if I love him or not. Yixing has me falling. Way too hard. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I just hope he feels the same way about me. I need him to feel the same.

"I know. You're my healing unicorn. You couldn't even hurt me if you wanted to", I smile up at him.

He smiles his dimpled smile and his eyes light up. He definitely loved hearing that.

"Let's get going", he tells me and pulls me up with him.

He opens the door without checking and we walk outside. Carefully. He's still holding on to my hand.

"I knew something was up", we hear someone say. We both turn around and face this person. We let go of each other's hand and we try to act innocent.

"This is not what it looks like?" I try to brush it off but he just laughs at us.

"Sure it isn't."