Trip on the town

Uncover Lay (Yixing)

"Does anyone have any clue as to where we are going?" Tao asks no one in particular.

"Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" Suho turns around to face me.

"Hanok Village? I mean, I love history and culture. And I know you guys went there on Showtime..." I tell them and Baekhyun en Tao slap each other on the back.

"Yeah! Let's go there!" Lay chimes in.

I look over to thank him and he winks at me, knowingly.

We start walking towards a car.

"We can't go by foot. Way too far away. We got some cars!" Chanyeol yells and gestures for us to get in them.

"There's 11 of us, so one car will have 6 people and one 5. Who wants to sit with who?" Suho asks all of us.

"I want to be with Sehun!!" Kai yells and runs over to Sehun. Chanyeol looks kind of hurt but joins them. "I'll go with them too", he says.

"Tao and Lay together?" Suho asks them and they high five each other.

"I want to be in there too!" Baek yells and jumps up and down. Typical Byun for you.

"We'll put Xiumin and Chen in there too? Then Kyungsoo can come with us in the other van", Suho decides. "Ella, you get in the van with them okay?"

"Okay, boss! You're the leader!" I say and salute him.

They all laugh a little and Suho just looks embarrassed. We get in the vans and the driver leaves. I'm so close to all of them, since they were only made for 5 people and now there's six of us in here.

"It'll be better if you sit on someone's lap! Yixing has a pretty good one", Chen jokes and pulls up one eyebrow.

"I'm good?" I kind of ask.

"It's okay. Come on." He picks me up and puts me on his lap. He's kind of awkward as to where he can put his arms. So he just rests them on my legs. Nonchalantly. He doesn't do anything with them. But I feel so self-aware. I can feel his warmth as it flows over to me. And let me tell you, the guy is hot. Byun just stares at us, a lot. And Tao and Lay are talking in Chinese. Like I'm not there. Like Lay doesn't even feel me on his lap. Is that so? I scoot over a little, more towards his stomach. Then he stops talking all of a sudden.

"I was sliding off..." I say as an excuse.

"Well, let me hold you then..." he says and puts his arms around my waist.

Xiumin and Chen just smile like they know everything. My face is turning red and I try to calm my heartbeat down to a normal beating. But it doesn't obey me. I brought this on myself. After a little while I feel Lay resting his head on my back. He must be so tired from all of the dancing and stuff. I feel for him. But then again, he's teasing me in a way.

At some point he dozed off and I could feel his breathing slow down. Sometimes he twitches and his arms hold me tighter to his chest. I try talking to Xiumin at the same time, but the way keeps me closer distracts me. And Xiumin isn't helping either. He just laughs every time it happens. I want to scold him, but I'm afraid I'll wake up Yixing.

"Don't be afraid of waking him up. Once Yixing's asleep he doesn't wake up easily..." Tao says suddenly.

I smile at him, he knows what I'm thinking. Then Tao lays his head against the window and starts sleeping too.

"Those two are always sleeping. Every single time..." Baekhyun complains. "Every time we go somewhere they sleep like rocks.."

"I saw... In Showtime they were always sleeping. But you guys must be tired too..." I tell Byun and he smiles a little.

"Yeah. But I try not to sleep because then I won't be able to sleep at night..."

"Same for me..." Chen says and smiles a lazy smile.

I can see they're all so tired. I hate myself for wanting to go out tonight. They probably just wanted to go to sleep. But somehow they felt responsible for me and took me out to see Seoul. I really could punch myself right now if it wasn't for Lay holding me.

Suddenly Lay moves his head on my back and mumbles something. I have no idea what it is because I don't speak Chinese. But I see Byun looking at Chen like he knows what's up.

"What did he say?" I ask him and Byun looks at Chen again.

"Nothing. He was saying something about practice..." Chen replies.

Somehow I don't believe a word he's saying. But I'm gonna go with it. I'll probably never know what he said anyway.

The van stops and we stay in it for a little longer. Suddenly the door is opened and Chanyeol is standing outside, watching us.

"What's this?" he asks while pointing at me and Lay.

"Ella didn't have any place to sit, since this is a 5 person van... Genius..." Xiumin answers him.

"Is he sleeping? AGAIN?" Kai jokes and that's when Lay wakes up.

"Hmm..." and he mumbles something in Korean.

"Yes, we're here, sleepyhead. Ella, could you wake up Tao too. I know he's sleeping back there too", Suho says and I do as I'm told.

I wake up Tao, slowly. Lay squeezed me one more time before really waking up and realizing in what kind of position we are. He pulls back his arms as soon as he realizes. I kind of feel abandoned, but I try not to think about it too much. I slide off his lap and go outside with the others.

"Ella was sitting on Yixing's lap!!!" Sehun and Kai yell and jump around.

"How can you be so active at this point???" I ask them while watching.

"We're always so active. Unless we want food. Gosh, now I want food!" Kai yells and Chan comes rushing over.

"You want food?" Chan says and smiles.

"Yeah! You too?"

"Okay, first things first. We need to locate the food!" Chanyeol yells at everyone and we all agree.

They argue a lot about what kind of food we should get. They don't even ask me what kind I want. I don't even know Korean food. I know what I've seen in Showtime, but I don't know if I can eat it too. It doesn't look appealing to me. But I guess there is no harm in trying? Suho has enough of all the bickering so he takes the lead and enters the first place he sees. We sit down, some of them still complaining. I have a seat next to Tao. He's so sweet. He even held the seat for me.

"What are we even eating?" I ask Tao and he shakes his head.

"I don't know. They have some weird stuff around here. Just go with it, that's the best advice I can give you!" he smiles to try and calm me down, but it isn't helping.

I have to know what I'll be eating. It's kind of one of those things I have. I'm a bit neurotic that way. I try to get hints from the place we're sitting. But it's all in Korean so I can't even make out the symbols. I try to look at the menu, but again. No romanzation of the words. If only someone would help me...

I get the feeling I even look lost. But no one really notices. They're all busy figuring out what to order. I try not to fidget with my shirt, but when I get nervous I have to do those kind of things.

"Are you okay?" Xiumin asks me when he finally sees me staring at my feet.

"Uhm, yeah. Nervous, that's all..." I try to reassure him.

I'm not sure if I even want any of them to notice me like this. I look like a scared little kid. This is not the person I want to be.

"Are you sure? Ella, you look pale..." he pushes on and I try to face him.

"I've never eaten anything Korean before. Chines, yeah, Japanese, yeah... Even Thai! But Korean is so new to me..." I confess and he takes my hand.

"Don't worry. It's scary, but don't overthink this. It's okay to try new things! Just don't think about what you're eating, just go along with the taste..."

I smile at him for making me feel okay again. Panic attack avoided. Next to him Lay is looking over at me. And looking at the hand Xiumin is still holding. I notice and gently pull my hand back. Xiumin realizes that he had been holding it for too long and blushes. Lay looks more satisfied now, but he's still looking worried. He can't ask me w hat's going on without attracting attention from all over the table. I'm glad he doesn't call me out and just smiles cutely at me. That's all I need.

"Food's here!" Kai yells and he and Chanyeol dig in.

I take some food on my plate too and try not to look at it too much. I pick at it at first, but then I try putting it in to my mouth. It tastes quite good. A little more spicy that I'm used to. But it's not bad. I try some more things (and vegetables) and I'm surprised it tastes this good.

"Told you so, didn't I?" Xiumin tells me and I smile back with a mouth full of food.

We all eat in silence. Somehow they all go silent when they're eating. It's like the little kids finally got their toys and are now enjoying them. I watch them a little. On the other side, Sehun and Kai are giggling a little. They're acting like school girls. I wonder what it's all about. Chen and Baekhyun are talking about something very serious. Suho, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are engrossed in some kind of conversation. I can't tell what it's about since I really don't speak Korean. Xiumin is entertaining Lay a little and I'm stuck with Tao. Not that I mind. Not at all. He's a kitten.

"So, Tao. How's it all going? Being here with EXO?" I ask him.

"It's so cool! Being able to dance and sing as been a childhood's dream to me!" he tells me in his soft voice. "But I miss home a lot..."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. And I've only been here for a day..." I tell him, looking at my plate again. "So, you're close with your family?"

"Very close! I call them every night. It seems you're close with them too?"

"Your family? Naah!" I joke and he starts laughing really loud.

The rest of the band look up at us and just stare.

Tao says something in Korean and they all laugh too. "I told them you were telling me a joke", he winks.

"Seems you're really funny!" Kai eyes me.

"I like to think I am!" I tell them and they all laugh again.

Sweet guys, that's what they are.

"Is everyone finished?" Suho asks and everyone nods. "Let's go then! Wait outside while I pay."

Typical, the leader has to pay. We all step outside and just wait there. Everyone's talking and being really happy. Is this what their lives are normally like? Or don't they go out that much because of their busy schedules? That's something for the interview.

"Let's take loads of pictures while we're here!" I tell them. I hear a lot of cheering and I take out my camera.

I love taking pictures. Next to writing it's one of my greatest passions. I even have a professional camera for these kind of things. And I have to take the pictures for the journal myself. They couldn't afford sending a photographer with me. I take loads of pictures of them while they're walking around and explaining things to me. Baekhyun takes it upon him to explain some ancient things to me. I also take photos of the buildings. I want some memories of this too.

"I think it's time for us to take some with you! Instead of you always taking pictures of us!" Sehun says and takes my camera away.

So I get a picture with every member, being cute as always. I get pictures with all of them or with groups of them. The one with Lay is still my fave. He does his signature thing. The peace sign next to his eyes and I do the same. We all do some crazy poses and I even get lifted by Tao. When I, finally, get my camera back I look at the pictures. I'm very happy with all of them. This is something they can never take away from me.

"Send me that picture of us when you get back to your hotel room, okay?" Yixing asks me.

"But I don't even have your e-mail address!" I tell him.

He grabs my phone, which is still unlocked and punches in his email and number at the same time. And he labels himself as: Unicorn.