*calling paperdaisy | Erlebnisse

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

Egl8N9e.jpgErlebnisse
Requested by: paperdaisy
Reviewer: Yoon_Jeonghan
Review Requested: August 20th, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: August 23rd, 2015

**Please remember to credit us with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked it up**

 


Title: (10/10)

Foreword: (13/15)

Characters:(20/20)

Narative Elements: (27/30)

Plot and Theme: (35/35)

Entertainment Factors: (10/10)

Overall Score: (115/120) *This story has been added to the Hall of Fame*

REVIEWER'S NOTE:

I cried extremely hard when I finished this because the story was so meaningful, deep and bittersweet. I love the title, it's creative and I don't even know how to pronounce it. There wasn't much in the foreword aside from that single line that had me thinking this story was going to have a happy ending. A very misleading description, but I love it. It's simple and gets straight to the point. The characters in the story were just breathtakingly beautiful. Their personalities and hardships define them and I really like how they grow up together and realize what reality is. The character development is on point and there isn't even a need for the character description as I can already have a glimpse of their personalities through their actions. There were also no major grammatical errors and the delivery of the narration was spot on.

Themes like friendship, love and death were used in the story and I believe the author has taken adavantage of this combination well. The plot although a bit cliche is beautiful and bittersweet. I cried really hard when I finished reading this story as it was really meaningful and I can really connect with it. I don't usually cry but this story really hit me hard. I also really liked how you made Yujin's character something likeable instead of the typical rude thrid wheel in the story. It made me pity her as she was there at the wrong time when love was blooming between Kyungsoo and Jongin.

Also, the short sentences that appear after every scene tells a story on it's own, like a secret letter to a loved one with hidden meaning. I really liked how at the end, instead of overly exaggerating the death scene, you put into simple words, "he's dead, Jongin is dead." I was surprised yet at the same time I saw it coming. These words made me cry harder than I have ever before because the characterization was just that god and the plot line was absolutely beautiful. Jongin's character was so frustrating yet I really pitied himf ro not saying anything. I cried so much that my eyes are swollen and I am officially labelling this oneshot as my favourite oneshot of all time. It was simple, heart-wrenching, elegant and bittersweet, a perfect combination of a love story.


Reviewer's Song Choice: