SHINee...?

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Next day

 

Juliette's POV

*BRIIIIIIINNNGGGG!!!*

UGH... what time is it? 8:00?

Today is the day, I'm ready for this. I got out of bed and changed into something a little professional just to leave a good first impression. I put on some makeup and fixed my hair then left the hotel.

Butterflies in my stomach... I'm standing in front of SM's building. It's so big! I went inside and walked to the front desk. The place was buzzing with people. Some were talking on the phone, some were rushing with papers, some were just lounging around the place. I could barely get in with all the fans waiting outside. The front desk lady looked friendly enough to talk to.

"Hello, I'm Juliette Lee the new trainee."

"Oh yes, hello, I hope your trip here was safe," she said.

"Yes it was, thank you," I said bowing to her.

"Okay then, if you'll just have a seat, I'll have someone you to your new manager," she said.

I sat on the lounge chair and waited. A girl in her 20's came over to me.

"Ms. Juliette Lee?" she said looking at me.

"Yes. Hello," I said getting up and bowing to her.

"Hello, nice to meet you. Now, if you'll follow me I'll you to your manager." She walked down the lobby and into the elevator. I quickly followed behind. The elevator was full of people. Everyone was friendly to each other. I liked this place. We reached the third floor and she exited. She took me down the hallway to the last door on the right. "Your manager should be in there already, if he isn't in there then you should wait for a bit. If he doesn't show up, just go back down to the lobby and we'll try to find him. He's a little..." she paused, "You'll understand when you see him."

"Okay," I bowed at her politely and she left.

I opened the door and peeked inside. No one was in there. I sat in one of the seats and waited. What did she mean by he's a little... What if he's mean, or crazy? I started wondering about him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

30 minutes later

 

It's been 30 minutes already! I sometimes get a little impatient and this is one of those times. I got up from my seat and walk towards the door. When I opened the door, I heard a thud from the other side and someone shouting out in pain. ! Did I hit someone?! I opened the door to see a guy on the floor.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I said as I tried to help him up.

He looked like he was in his 30's. Not too shabby, his fashion sense wasn't bad either. He tried to put his glasses back on but eventually dropped them again. I picked them up and gave them back to him.

"YO WHAT'S UP MAN! I'm Park Dae Jung. But you can call me Dae Jung oppa. I'm going to be your new manager. Nice to meet you!" He was so hyper, and weird... Now I know what she means.

"Um... hello, I'm Juliette Lee. Nice to meet you, Dae Jung ssi." I gave him a 90 degree bow.

"Aww, come on. Drop the formalities, bro. It's cool," he said patting my back.

"Oh, okay then." Hehe, yay! I get a cool manager!

"Come, sit." He flopped into one of the sofas and I sat across from him. "So, Juliette, I saw your audition tape, your singing was wonderful. Not to mention your dancing. You'll be famous in no time."

"Thank you!" I said smiling at him. I need to tell him about my story right now. I don't want to get in trouble later on. I mean, if he's my new manager, he'll understand right? "Dae Jung ssi-" I started.

"Oppa. Dae Jung oppa. Ssi makes me sound old."

*You're in your thirties, you're not that young...*

"Dae Jung oppa, I need to tell you something..." I said looking down.

"What is it?" he put down the magazine he was holding and looked at me. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion and asked, "Are you a criminal or something..."

"No! Just that..." I started getting nervous.

"Just what?"

"Um... my parents didn't want me to become a singer so I pretended that I got accepted to a study abroad program in Paris and I'm suppose to be there but I'm actually here," I said that in one sentence. I looked at him nervously. He had a blank expression on his face. "Are you going to say anything?..." I said waving my hand in front of his face.

"So... you're not a criminal?"

"We already went through this. No, I'm not a criminal," I said.

"Then what's your point?" he said confused.

"So... you're cool with this? You won't tell on me or anything?" I said to him.

"Look, Juliette, I'm one of thos guys that like adventure and risk so of course I'll help you!" he said giving me a goofy grin.

"Thank you, Dae Jung oppa!" I exclaimed while giving him one of my bear hugs.

"Haha, okay, kiddo, calm down! Now, I think you'll need a new name if you want to keep this a secret," he said,

A new name? I should stick to a Korean one just to stay safe. "Umm... Lee... Jun Hye," I said.

"Lee Jun Hye? That's a cute name. Ok then, that's settled."

"So when do I start training, Dae Jung oppa?"

"Mhm... you'll start on Wednesday. Tonight, you'll be going to a concert," he said handed me a ticket.

"A concert?! Who?!" I looked at the ticket he gave me. "SHINee? Is that a girl group? I mean, SHINee..." I said looking at him.

He laughed at me. Did I make a mistake? "They are your sunbaes in the company. Handsome boys."

OH THEY WERE BOYS. Akward turtle... "Oh.. that's cool!" This will be fun! Where have I heard the name SHINee before?

"I'll just let you tour around the place by yourself. Just wear this pass at all times. You'll move into you're new house tomorrow night because they need to clean it. Here is your dorm key, it's just a block away from here. You can go check it out if you like. If you don't know know how to get there, just call me arraso? Here's my number." He gave me all the things I needed.

"Okay, oppa. Will you be going with me tonight?" I asked him.

"Nah, you're oppa has a date," he said.

"Really? With who?!" I asked him excited. Was she a celebrity?

"The computer and the fridge, a double date."

I gave him a look. "Wow, what a player," I said sarcastically.

"And remember that! Annyeong! See you later! Call me if you need anything," he said before he left.

WOW... forever alone status. I'll hook him up with someone. Maybe Ms. Song! But he's just so weird...

ADVENTURE TIME!

I left the room and started exploring the place. I greeted people whenever they passed by me. This place is great! The atmosphere here makes me feel at home, like I'm welcomed. Back in Cali, I was surrounded by people, but I felt like I didn't belong there. I passed by many practice rooms but they were all closed. Boo...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At night

 

It was time for the concert!

Exploring the SM building was super fun. I met many unnies and oppas. They were so nice! They even treated me out to lunch! My dorm was small but cozy. All I need was some new furniture and I'm settled!

I wore a simple sleeveless blouse, my favorite pair of skinnies and straightened my hair. I mean, you still have to look nice right? I left the hotel and took a taxi to the place the concert was held at. It was PACKED with fangirls. The line looked like it would never end. Luckily, Dae Jung Oppa told the security guard to let me in and not have me wait in line. It was really stuffy inside with all the people. Why didn't I tie my hair up? The concert was about to start! Look at this pretty color- pearl aqua. Beautiful, my favorite color.

Oh the beat is sick! Handsome boys indeed! WHOOO! Did he just wave at me?! Where's the fifth member? All the fans were ecstatic and I couldn't help but be excited too.

~Sumgwanguel bondeuthan nuni buseojildeuthan~

~ijeh sijakdweneun tansaeng~

~nugungaga jikyeubogo isseo~

~SHINee World~

Who's that guy coming up? Wait... He has lasagna hair just like... Isn’t that dino?!

HE'S A SINGER?!

How could this be?! How can a short erted manwhore dinosaur be a star?! But he looked so good up on that stage... The way his muscles showed, the way his dimples showed when he smiled, the way his veins pop out when he hits high notes, his y voice, those cheekbones, that tongue...

Wait, what am I talking about?! You have a boyfriend, Juliette! Andrew remember?

They were amazing on stage, like brothers. When the show ended, most of the fans were crying. I was impressed. Will I leave such a big impression in the future?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone started leaving when the concert finished. I was still in my seat because I still haven't processed it in my head yet.

"Ms. Lee Jun Hye?" said a voice.

I snapped out of it and got up. "Ne-neh?"

It was that security guard from before that let me in. "I'm here to take you backstage to meet SHINee," he said gesturing to me.

Oh no... I don't want to see him! "Um... I have to go to the bathroom," I said. Wow, lamest excuse in the book.

"There's a bathroom backstage, you can use that one," he said while walking away

Of course there is.

I followed him to the back of the stage. Many people were cleaning up and getting ready to leave. I bowed at them politely telling them they did a great job. We kept walking until we got to a door that had a sign that said SHINee on it.

"Here we are.

"Thank you." I bowed at him and he left.

Ok, I can do this.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

Jonghyun's POV

The show ended and we were exhausted. I just couldn't wait to get home, take a shower, and sleep on my comfortable bed.

We were messing around in our dressing room waiting for the coordi noonas to take off our make-up and outfits.

"Hey guys! You did a fantastic job tonight," our manager said.

"Thanks, manager hyung," we all said.

"So listen, there's a new trainee at SM and I want you to help her out. She knows nothing about Kpop but her voice is amazing and she is very beautiful. She's also from America but she's Korean. She should be coming in any minute now so be nice alright?"

*RING RING*

"Oh, I have to take this call guys. Be back in a sec." He walked out the door and left us alone.

A new trainee? Hmm... I suddenly don't feel tired anymore; let's see how "beautiful" she is. I don’t think she is as beautiful as Miss Clutz though... Wait what?! I did not just say that. Speaking of Miss Clutz, I haven't texted her since the show started. She wouldn't text me back! Stupid Clutz, ignoring me? Why should I care? She’s ugly anyway...

*But I do care...*

I sat on the couch next to the door while the guys sat on the opposite one.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

Juliette’s POV

I knocked on the door and walked in. I had my head down, afraid to see him for some reason. When I looked up, I was greeted by the other four, he wasn't there. WHEW. I’m more at ease now. I smiled at them and introduced myself.

"Hello, I'm Lee Jun Hye." I gave them a big smile.

They looked even more handsome up close.

"NOONA!!!!!!" The one with the long hair in a ponytail charged at me and attacked me. He gave me a big bear hug and they practically had to pry him off of me.

But, who was he?

And where was dino?

 

Jonghyun's POV

The girl had her head down when she walked in. Why does she look so familiar? She looked up and I immediately recognized her as Miss Clutz. She's the new trainee?! She must have been so surprised to see me on stage. She looked absolutely beautiful tonight. I heard her give out a sigh of relief. She introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Lee Jun Hye." Her smile was so contagious.

Jun Hye? What a cute name. A cute name for a cute girl.

"NOONA!!!"

Taemin jumped off the couch and hugged her. Did Taemin know her? Or was he calling her that because she was pretty? Was she the noona he was talking about yesterday? She was ignoring my texts because she was hanging out with Taemin?! I started to get a little jealous inside.

She hadn't noticed me yet so I decided to . The other guys had already pulled Taemin off of her. Or practically pry him off..

I hugged her from behind and put my head on her shoulder.

"Baaabeee... you shouldn't ignore me like that. Did you like my performance tonight? I bet you were surprised..." I said that in my y voice. I could see the side of her face and she was red.

 

Juliette's POV

CRAP! He is here! Ottoke?! Did he just call me babe again? And why was his face so close to me? I elbowed him again. This time, extra hard.

"OOOOWWWW!" he yelled out in pain and fell on the floor.

"Was one time not enough for you?!" I screamed at him.

"Just messing with you, babe, don't get all worked up," he said while getting up.

"Call me babe again," I said giving him a threatening look.

"BABE!" he ran behind the other guys with a triumphant look on his face. Aish, the nerve of this guy.

"Hey, you look really familiar..." the blonde one said to me.

"I looked at him closely and recognized him as the scary guy that yelled at Dino and I on the plane.

"Omo! Yeobo guy...?"

He chuckled, "So it is you."

I awkwardly laughed knowing that my first impression with him wasn't good.

"Noona! Do you remember me?" the guy from before said giving me a goofy smile.

"Um... have we met before?" I asked him. He started doing weird hand movements like the guy from yesterday. "Are you the banana milk guy?" I said tilting my head.

"You remember me, noona!!!" He was about to hug me again but the guys pulled him back. He started to pout. How cute!

"We should introduce ourselves," the tall guy said.

"Hana dul set! Annyeonghaseyo! We are shining SHINee," they all said together.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Leader Onew."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Maknae Taemin."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Bling Bling Jonghyun."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Flaming Charisma Minho."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Almighty Key."

It's cute how they all had nicknames. Cool ones too! Except... Bling Bling Jonghyun?...

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"Noona, are you okay?" Taemin asked worried.

"Ha! Bling Bling Jonghyun? What are you? Some gangster?" I said looking at him.

"YAH! Don't make fun of me! You're just jealous I have a nickname and you don't," he yelled back.

"Sure, I'm jealous of a gangster name Bling Bling!" I said acting terrified.

All the other guys were snickering at him.

"You're gonna pay for this!" He came out from behind the guys and started to chase me. Right at that moment, their manager came in.

"Oh, hello, I'm Lee Jun Hye," I said bowing to him.

"Nice to meet you. The guys are being nice to you right?" he asked.

"Yes, they are," I said while glaring at Jonghyun.

"Okay then, well it's late you should get going. Your manager called and said you will be spending your day with them tomorrow."

"Oh, okay then. Thank you. Bye Taemin, Onew ssi, Minho ssi, Key ssi." I walked to the door.

"Hey what about me babe?"

"Bye, Bling Bling!"

"YAH!"

I walked out the door before he could say anything else. Stupid dino... Someone came to pick me up and drop me off at the hotel. I went back into my room and started packing up my stuff. I'll be checking out tomorrow morning and moving into my new dorm! I checked my phone for any messages from Andrew or Isabella; none at all.

Instead, there was a message from Bling Bling~

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Lasagna Boy: Babe! Text me!

Yes, I added more to his name. Kekekeke

Me: Stop calling me that!

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Lasagna Boy: Did you have a good night????

Me: I did... until you texted me >:)

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Jonghyun: That's mean! Are you excited to hang out with me tomorrow? ;)

Me: NO!

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Jonghyun: Aww.... why are you denying it babe? :(

Me: I'm not denying anything you idiot now go to sleep.

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Jonghyun: Not until you say goodnight! :(

Why is he doing this to me?! If it's the only way to get rid of him...

Me: Good night!

Short erted Manwhore Dino aka Bling Bling Jonghyun: Hehe good night! :D

 

Jonghyun's POV

Yay! She texted me back! Why am I so excited? Just that simple text message made my heart skip a beat. Am I getting attached? I'm going to get her tomorrow for making front of me in front of the others.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. I'm on my way to Singapore right now and I'm SUPER BORED on the plane. SO, I decided to update! But I can't wait for Singapore!