You Can Count On Me

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Jun Hye's POV

Ugh... headache.

After what he said yesterday... I just wanted to hug him back and tell him I loved him. He was... different yesterday. I don't know if those were his true feelings or if it was the alcohol talking. But his eyes... they were different. Not that dark, cold stare that he always had now. But they were back to his warm, chocolate brown.

What do I do?!

"Oppa! I'm gonna take a break!" I need to clear my mind.

Dae Jung oppa was on his computer again. He gave me the "ok" sign with his hand and kept doing what he was doing.

I walked across the street to the cafe I liked to go to. I walked inside the store hearing the familiar jingle of the bells. The scent of hot, brewed coffee and warm, fresh from the oven sweets filled my nose. Something that made me calm down. It wasn't too crowded today so I guess I'll stay here. I waited in line and played around with my phone. My eyes were on the floor also and I noticed that the pair of feet in front of me dissapear. It was finally my turn.

"Hi, I would like a- In Ho?!"

If I wasn't mistaken, In Ho was behind the register. "Oh! Jun Hye ah!" he said giving me a bright smile.

"What are you doing here?! Don't you work at-"

He jumped up and put a finger to his lips, "SHH!" I covered my mouth. I ordered what I came here for and he came out to talk to me since it was his break. "Here you go!" he handed me my drink and sat across from me. I finally got a look at him. He was really good looking. You could say he looked like Kang Minhyuk with glasses. Cute! "Am I that good looking or am I that good looking?" he jokingly asked.

I shook my head, "Just something on your face."

He brought up both his hands to his cheeks. "Where?!"

*CLICK*

"Did you just take a picture of me?!" he asked.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't~" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Gimme your phone! I can't have people see me like that! I'm Mr. y! Y. Not cute!"

I put my phone back into my pocket. "Who said you looked cute?! Conceited~"

"Oh you know I'm cute. Don't try to deny it, Jun Hye ah~" he said giving me some aegyo.

I rolled my eyes, "Since when did you work here?" I asked him.

"Since I started working here." I punched his arm and he held it. "OW! Don't have to be so violent! I feel bad for your boyfriend." I punched his other arm. "OW! TAKE A JOKE!" I

laughed as he muttered to himself. I calm down and took a sip from my drink, "Seriously, when?"

"Maybe if you asked nicely, I would tell you," he said with his arms folded across his chest.

"Maybe if you told me, I won't punch you again," I said while mimicking him.

"Fine~ I started working here a few weeks ago. This is my afternoon job and the club is my late night job. Why are you here?" he asked.

"Well, this is my favorite place to go to if I need something to drink. Or to clear my mind off of stuff."

He made a disgusted face, "Ew, so that means you come here a lot? So that means I'll see you a lot? Looks like I have to change my job~" I glared at him and got up to hit him again. He dodged it this time. "I WAS JUST KIDDING!!!"

I plopped back down onto the chair and crossed my arms. "Jerk."

"Says the one who punches people without a reason."

"I had a reason!"

"Not a very good one!"

"UGH!"

"Don't you just love me?~" I glared at him as he made a heart sign with his hands. I finally smiled and he laughed. "So what happened yesterday?" Do I really want to tell him? "It's not like I have anyone to tell~" he said mimicking me from yesterday.

His personality and aura made me trust him, A LOT. He was just so positive about everything. How can a person be so happy and positive all the time? He was really sincere when he said he wanted to know. He was like a girlfriend I can spill all my secrets to. Except for the fact that he's a boy which makes him my boyfriend but really he's not my boyfriend but I do hate my current boyfriend and I really want him to be my boyfriend.

Get it?

No?

I don't either.

All I know is that I can really trust him.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked him.

"It would make my day," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and told him what happened. He persuaded me into telling him the whole story. And I mean the whole story.

Everything.

Even to the point where I told him my real name.

"DANG. What's up with your life, Juliette? And I thought my life was crazy..."

I titled my head to the side confused. His life crazy? I didn't bother to ask him. If he wanted to tell me, he would.

"Yup! And you won't tell anyone," I said while pointing at him.

"Understood!" he saluted me. I laughed. "So you don't mind me calling you Juliette?" he asked.

I shook my head, "It's fine! Only when it's only you and me though!"

"In Ho! Breaks over!" the ajumma I recognized as the owner came out to tell In Ho his break was over. "Hello, Jun Hye ssi. Long time no see!"

I politely bowed to her. "Hello, ajumma. I've been busy so I haven't been back to eat your delicious goods!"

She laughed and patted me on the back, "Oh, honey, you are so sweet! Just like my freshly baked cupcakes! In Ho go in the kitchen and get her a batch will you?"

"Yesm ajumma!"

"No! It's okay!"

"Just accept them okay?"

I didn't want to argue with her and just nodded my head and thanked her again. She walked back into the kitchen and In Ho came out of it with a cute little pink box topped off with a pink and white polka dotted ribbon.

"Sorry, got to get back to work! Here."

"I got to go anyway. Nice talking to you! And thanks," I said waving the box around.

"Give me your number!"

"Oh yeah! Give me your phone." We exchanged phones and I put my number in. "Here you go! Don't bother me all the time. I'll come and punch you if you do."

He laughed, "Alright. You don't bother me. I'll come and... step on you since you're so short~ hehehehe."

I glared at him. "You get back to work. I'll come visit you!"

"Everyday?"

"Psh, you wish."

"Tell me when you do so I can call in sick."

"YAH!"

"Just kidding! Mehrong~" I stuck out my tongue at him as well and he mimicked me. I turned around and started walking towards the door. "Wait! You want to know what you're ringtone's gonna be?" he said.

"What?"

"~Juliette, hoh~"

"YAH!"

"SEE YOU LATER!" He ran back to the kitchen.

I shook my head and walked out.

 

Taemin's POV

I watched as noona walked out of the store and went back to SM. I know, I eavesdropped. Sorry! I couldn't help it! Noona's been suffering because of us! I believe her 100 percent! She is my favorite noona after all!

And who was that guy? I got to admit he was good looking...

BUT I AM WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CUTER. ^.^

RIGHT? RIGHT?!

BBUING BBUING~

^________________________________________________________^

I got up and walked out as well. I have to do something about this. I mean, I am Lee Taemin. What can't I do?

Instead of going back to SM, I went back to our dorm. Everyone was there besides Jonghyun hyung.

Perfect.

I took off my shoes and happily whistled back into my room.

"Uh oh. He's whistling," Key said.

I just whistled louder after hearing that. KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Onew hyung grabbed my arm. "Lee Taemin what are you thinking of?" he said.

"Don't worry about it hyung!" I told him.

"Taemin..."

I sighed and told them, "Okay fine. I'm thinking of an evil plan and it involves all of us. Now you know! So leave me alone so I can evilly scheme!"

"All of us? You mean, us four?" Minho said.

I shook my head.

"Jonghyun too?" Key said.

I nodded, "It does involve hyung."

They all nodded their heads.

"And Jun Hye noona."

"WHAT?!"

"What are you going to do, Taemin? You know those two hate each other. And after yesterday, don't you think they'll hate each other even more?" Key said.

"Yeah ,Taemin, don't cause trouble," Minho said.

"We don't want it to be worser then it already is," Onew said.

I had my evil smirk. "Get ready to have some fun hyungs."

"Fun? What fun?"

"Operation..."

"Operation?"

"Operation: Jonghye."

"We're screwed."

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

"Taemin don't do that."

"Sorry," I said in English. They all shook their heads in dissaproval. I pouted. "Fine! Don't help me! I can do it myself!"

They always gave into my aegyo. I'M THE AEGYO KING!!!!

"Fine we'll help you."

"YAAAAAAAY! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be writing our game plan and it should be done in a hour's time. Too da loo~"

I lightly skipped towards my room.

"He's scary when he goes smart..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

YES. IT'S FINALLY FINISHED. MY PLAN IS GENIUS! MWAHAHAHAHA

After an hour by myself in my room, I had managed to break 50 pencils, 30 erasers, my hair looks like I just got electrified, and I'm pretty sure my bed got eaten by the paper balls I threw to it.

"Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.......... I DID IT!!!!!!!!!"

"What did you do?" Jonghyun hyung was standing at my door with his arms crossed. I quickly hid my game plan behind me.

"Hyung! Uh... nothing... You're back! Great!"

"Were you watching again?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Just because I lock myself in the room, with my laptop, with my earphones, with the curtains closed doesn't mean I'm watching ." He blinked. "Okay, it may sound like it but I don't and I never did."

He scoffed, "Whatever you say Taemin. Key told me to tell you dinner is ready."

"Okay! I'll be out soon!"

"Why? You didn't finish watching?"

I pouted, "Hyung~"

He chuckled, "Just kidding with you. And fix your hair. It looks like hair which doesn't help with what I think you were doing."

I hid the plan in my drawer and walked out to the dining room to join them for dinner. "Yay! I'm starving!" I said.

We all started quietly eating. It was usually like that anyway. We got used to it.

"So what did you guys do today?"

We all stopped eating to see Jonghyun hyung looking at us. He's talking to us?! Like and actual conversation?! We were all too surprised to answer.

"I guess you guys didn't do anything today?" he said.

"No! Just... Wow..." Key said.

"What? Is it weird to talk to your own members?" he asked while putting more meat into his bowl.

"Did you and noona make up?!" I asked.

His expression totally changed. It was just like BOOM. Scary Jonghyun hyung again. Aww...

"I'm not hungry anymore. I'm gonna sleep." He got up from the table and walked to his room. We all jumped when he slammed the door to his room.

"Sorry..." I said.

Onew sighed, "It's fine... At least he's trying." I teared up a little bit because of my mistake. I got too excited and something stupid came out of my mouth. I better watch myself next time. "It's okay, Taemin. You're plan will definitely bring them back together."

"You think so?!" I happily said.

"I know so, " Onew said.

"Aww, hyung, you're the best!" I jumped up and hugged him.

We finished dinner and I went to the room to get my plan. I walked past Jonghyun hyung's room to see that he was sleeping.

"Okay, Jonghyun hyung is asleep so we can safely talk about the plan," I said.

"Are you sure Taemin?" Key asked.

"Come on, when have I ever failed?"

"Um, many times," Minho said.

"Gee, hyung. THANKS," I said sarcastically.

He laughed. I took the plan out and placed it on the table. I thought it was perfect. I guess I was wrong. We spent the night arguing about it.

"Are you kidding me, Taemin? It took you an hour to do that? This could have took me five minutes, tops."

"Why do I have to do that? Was one time not enough for you?"

"Ooooh... I like my role. I always wanted to do that."

"Can I change it just a teeny bit, Taemin?"

"Wait why can you do that, Taemin? You don't fit that role."

"I do too!"

"I think Minho fits it better."

"Come on! I never get to be the lead."

"Yeah, make me the puny one."

"Anyone hungry?"

"You even wrote a script?"

"We can just improvise."

"Anyone want chicken?"

"You want me to wear that?! Umm. NO."

"Wait, I think this looks better on Onew hyung."

"It's my plan! Just go along with it!"

"NO."

"Fine I'll go get chicken by myself..."

"That is so 80's Taemin!"

"This looks good..."

"Wait we don't have any of this stuff."

"Shopping!"

"UGH."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So the plan's good?" I said.

"Good," they responded.

Don't worry noona. I'll help you.

You can count on me.
 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: OOOOOOOOH. A PLAN. WHAT PLAN. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And isn't Taemin the cutest? Giving you some bbuing bbuing~

And for In Ho, if you guys have watched Heartstrings then you guys should know! I'm saying he looks like Yeo JunHee from that drama. Or Kang Minhyuk from CN Blue with glasses on! So he looks like this:

    

KYEOPTA!!!!!! But imagine a less dorky, smarter version of him. Kay?! Bye~