Rosie

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Jun Hye's POV

"Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate the grand opening of Lee Enterprise's new shopping mall!"

A round of applause erupted inside the shopping mall. It sounded just like my fans when I finished performing one of my songs. I turned up the volume on my ipod and tried to drain out the noise. I don't want to think about that anymore.

"The Lee's are very happy that you all came out tonight even though it's already Christmas Eve. Why don't we welcome them on stage?"

I felt my mom tapping on my shoulder and nudging me to get on stage. I took out my headphones and walked up the stairs with my parents trailing behind me. Another round of applause was given and I gave everyone a small smile.

"Hello everyone, I am Terry Lee, owner of Lee's Enterprise. My wife, daughter, and I are very happy that you all came tonight. We wouldn't be here if you guys weren't standing beside us, supporting us the entire time. It's almost Christmas day and I hope everyone can celebrate it like I will with my happy little family."

Happy little family?...

What a liar.

I kept a poker face throughout the speech and tried not to scream. My father gave the mic back to the overly excited MC and looked at me. I ignored him and looked forward.

"Okay! Thank you Mr. Lee! Since it is Christmas, why don't we ask what our lovely Juliette Lee wants for Christmas. Juliette?"

The microphone appeared in front of my face and everyone was waiting for my response. What I want for Christmas?... I took the mic from him and step forward. "Uh, first off, Merry Christmas everyone. What I want? Well... I only want one thing and it doesn't look like I'll be getting it. It's impossible. So I guess I don't want anything for Christmas." I smiled and gave the mic back to the MC.

Everyone was quiet. Maybe they were expecting me to say, "Oh! I want a new car, and shoes, and clothes, and bags, and blah, blah, blah."

You all know I don't want any of that stuff.

A little girl was being carried by her father in the front near the stage and she looked like she was talking to me. I couldn't make out what she was saying. I pointed to myself and she nodded and brought out her index finger and gestured me to come closer to her. How cute.

I took the mic back from the guy and went closer towards her. I told her father to bring her up on stage. She came up by herself and shyly looked down. "Hey, what's your name?"

She whispered it into my ear, "Rosie." What an adorable name.

"Hi, Rosie, did you want to say something to me?"

She nodded her cute little head and told me to give her the mic. I handed it to her and she started talking. "You don't want anything for Christmas?"

I shook my head and patted her head. "I don't want anything. Or actually, I do want something but I can't get it."

"Why can't you get it?"

"Because my mommy and daddy won't let me have it."

Yeah, I played the guilt card. So what? They should be guilty.

"Then why don't you tell Santa to get it for you?" People laughed at her cute response. I laughed as well. She was too cute.

"I don't think Santa can get it for me, honey."

"Santa can do anything!"

I titled my head to the side, "How are you so sure?"

"Last Christmas, I asked for my mommy and there she is!" She pointed to the woman who was next to her father. "Daddy said she was gone forever because she was happy somewhere else but I asked Santa for my mommy and I asked really nicely and I even gave him my favorite cookies! I woke up the next day and my cookies were gone and my mommy was there!" I started tearing up a little when I heard the little innocent girl talk. I looked at her parents who were crying as well. "Why are you crying? It's Christmas! Be happy! Maybe you should ask Santa now!"

I wiped my tears away and smiled. "Maybe I should ask Santa, maybe he can help me."

"Of course he can!" She gave me a big cheesy smile and I laughed. "I'll help you ask if you don't want to! We're buddies~"

I whispered my wish into her little ear and she nodded understanding what I wanted her to say.

Santa, help me.

 

Jonghuyn's POV

"The Lee's aren't here. Stop being so persistent and leave, please. It's late, you should head home." I would go home, if I didn't live thousands of miles away. I stayed there and didn't move. They sighed and tried to carry me out. "If you really want to know, they're at the new shopping mall in downtown LA. Now please leave."

I smiled and grabbed a taxi and headed downtown.

I'm in trouble, I left without leaving a note to anyone and they thought I killed myself. Key was in hysterics when I was talking to him on the phone. Who can blame him? They said they would fly to the US and help me but I told them to just stay home and celebrate Christmas without me. This would be the first time we haven't celebrated Christmas together since we first met.

I used up all the English I could to get to downtown. It wasn't easy but I eventually got there. I paid the driver and walked out into the cold. I asked around for the new shopping mall and people pointed me in different directions. I was going to cry until I met another Korean.

"Hello, do you live here?!"

He was taking aback by my screaming. I tried to calm down and backed up. "I do."

I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Would you happen to know where the new shopping mall is?!"

"You're heading the wrong way buddy. Go back down that way and you should see it."

"Thanks, buddy! Merry Christmas!"

I ran back towards the other way and tried to find the mall. It came into my sight when I went three blocks back. I ran across the street and went inside the mall. It was packed with people and there was barely any place to walk. I looked around to see if I could see her anywhere. There was so many floors in the place. I tried my best to walk around the place without bumping into people.

"Jonghyun oppa? Who's that?"

My voice rang through the speakers. Why was my name being called? Who's this little girl calling my name?"

"Well, Jonghyun's oppa is a puppy."

Hye-ah...

"A puppy? You want a puppy for Christmas?"

I ran towards the voices and looked down to the first floor. She was there on stage with a little girl. Her parents were behind her, watching her talk to the little girl. I saw her nod to the little girl and she smiled. The big TV's on the screen were showing everyone inside the mall.

I ran to the nearest elevator and started going down.

*I'm coming for you, Hye-ah.*