Rich Girl Problems

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Juliette's POV

I happily grabbed my phone off my pillow but just got dissapointed when I saw it was an unknown number. I answered it anyway. If it was a prank call, at least it wou;d entertain me for a while.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Juliette Lee?" the lady was speaking in Korean.

"Yes, who might this be?"

"I'm from SM Entertainment. Due to your outstanding audition video, you have been accepted as a trainee here."

"What?! Did you call the wrong number?! Are you sure?!" I was freaking out but tried to stay calm or else the lady would think I was crazy.

She chuckled and spoke, "Yes, I'm sure. We would like to see you on Monday morning at the SM building if that is okay with you."

Without thinking I answered her, "Of course, perfect, I'll see you Monday morning. Thank you so much!" I hung up and stared at my phone. "AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

I heard quick footsteps and Ms. Song busted through the door. "Juliette! Are you okay?!"

I turned around and smiled. "I did it! I got in!"

She looked confused for a second but smiled when she figured what I was talking about. She knew about everything. "Oh honey, I knew you could do it!" She opened up her arms and I ran to her and gave her a big hug. We started dancing around in a circle. Is this real life? Am I really going to be a star? I was happy thinking about it but then Ms. Song stopped and grabbed my shoulders. She looked really serious.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Your parents..."

"Oh yeah! My parents! Wait until-" My eyes went wide when I thought about it. They will never let me go. Everything is planned for me. EVERYTHING. And I don't think this is part of their plan. "Oh no..." I sat on my bed and tried to not burst into tears.

"Maybe you should tell them, they are very understanding people."

I looked at her and nodded. Maybe I should give it a shot. You never know until you try.

I heard the front door open and I started getting butterflies in my stomach. Here goes nothing.

I walked downstairs to find them taking off their shoes. Hmm... they are usually never home this early. Always on business trips or at meetings.

"Hi mommy, hi daddy." I kissed both of them on the cheek. I looked at the maids and lightly tilted my head signalling them I needed private time. They quickly left understanding me.

"Hi sweety, how was your day?" my dad asked me.

"It was good, how was yours?"

"It was fine."

I linked my arms with their's and took them to the living room.

"Is there something you have to tell us, Juliette?" my mom asked.

I started humming to myself and started playing with the hem of my dress.

They obviously wanted a good future for me. They worked hard to get to the position they are in now. How can I tell them? I know they'll be dissapointed.

"Mom, dad, can I talk to you about something?"

They both looked at me, curiousity filling their eyes.

"Of course honey what is it?"

"Well, a few months ago, I auditioned to be in SM Entertainment for fun and now I got accepted as a trainee. I know this isn't what you guys had in mind for me but I really, really want to do this. If you could just give me the chance, I'll really appreciate it." My head was down the whole time. I didn't want to see the look on their faces. I didn't want to hear the fury that was going to come out of their mouth in any second.

"What did you just say?" my dad said.

I looked up and my parents looked furious. I knew this would happen.

"Um, I got accepted as a trainee?" Even if I did my aegyo on them, it would never work. Not this time.

"Absolutely not, Juliette Lee. Call them back and tell them you won't do it," my mom said.

I was mad. I knew I didn't have the right to be but still. "Why won't you let me live my dream and do what I want to do?!" I shouted.

They were shocked, so was I. I never talked back to my parents, ever.

"Juliette, that's enough, you don't have to be a silly star. Your future is planned and ready."

"But-"

"No buts. We're done talking about this. We have to go to a meeting now, see you tomorrow morning."

"UGH! I hate you guys!"

I ran up to my room as the tears started coming out. I knew they were going to say no but this was a once in a lifetime chance. Why couldn't they understand?

 

Ms. Song's POV

I opened the door to Juliette's room and saw her crying on her bed. I guess it was a no. I walked over to her and sat on the bed.

"Are you okay Juliette?" I asked.

She looked up and I saw her tear-streaked face. "They said no! What kind of parents are they?!"

"Stop crying and come downstairs with me, I'll make you some iced tea."

She was quietly drinking tea while I seperated the mail. One mail though caught my eye. International Institute of Paris? Why does that sound so familiar?

*Flashback*

I was cleaning up the dining table when Mr. Lee came into the dining room and handed Jun Hye a pamphlet.

"Hey, sweetie, you should consider going to this school."

"International Institute of Paris?"

"Yes, one of the best schools for management."

"Why would I have to go here, daddy?"

"Well, since you're going to take over for me, I thought you would need to learn a few skills."

"Mkay dad, I'll send an application."

"That's my girl."

*End of Flashback*

That's it!

I smiled to myself as I looked at Jun Hye.

She looked up and tilted her head. "Why are you smiling to yourself?"

"Do you really want this for yourself?"

"You know me more then anyone else, Ms. Song."

"Then I think I know what to do."

********************************************************************************************

A/N: What is she going to do?????????