Christmas Miracle

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Jun Hye's POV

I tried to bring my mood up for Jonghyun's sake. I can't have him seeing me like that. He was right, it's Christmas. A time to be happy and full of joy. Even though I was feeling the exact opposite, I had to show him I wasn't.

"Why don't we go back to the living room? They must be looking for us," I smiled.

He nodded his head and helped me carry out the cookies I was supposed to bring out. Everyone was busy talking and listening to the Christmas playing on the radio. We placed down the freshly-baked cookies and everyone eagerly grabbed one.

Taemin took a bite and then smiled, "These are great! Thanks, noona!"

I smiled and took a cookie for myself. I handed one to Jonghyun and he thanked me. We happily celebrated Christmas and my bad thoughts from before slipped out of my mind. I'm really glad I have them to call as family. My real family might not even want me when I get home... The home phone started ringing and Taemin ran to get it.

"Helloo? Who? Hold on. Noona! Someone from the lobby wants to see you!"

Me? What? "Send them up!" I told him.

Taemin hung up and came back to us. "Who is it, noona?"

"I have no idea. Must be a delivery?"

"It's so late though," Onew said.

I shrugged my shoulders and got up when I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll come with you just in case." Jonghyun walked in the front and quickly walked towards the door because the person on the other side was rather impatient.

"Open this door right now!"

My stomach started churning.

Oh god.

That voice...

I grabbed Jonghyun's shirt and shook my head. "What's wrong?"

It can't be...

"We're going to break the door if you don't open it !"

"It's okay, Hye ah."

I stood in place as he turned the doorknob.

Don't let it be true. Please tell me it's not true.

Reality started sinking in as the door started slowly open revealing the two figures of the two people I want but don't want here.

Everything became dark once again.

_______________________________________________________________

"I want her home."

"She had to stay here!"

"You don't understand this is wrong."

"No you don't understand she has to stay here. She has to!"

"Do not argue with me, young man, you're ruining her future."

Were they talking about me? I rubbed my eyes and noticed that I was back in my place. I was on my bed and my parents' two personal bodyguards where at my door. "What's going on?" I asked them.

"We've packed up your things. You're going to be coming home with us, miss."

"Home? I'm already-"

*Not this home you idiot. You're home. The one in the US.*

"Home? As in home, home?"

They nodded their heads. "Please corporate with us and everything will be okay."

 I shook my head and ran towards the door. They blocked me from getting out. "Let me out. Let me out right now!"

"We can't until that boy leaves."

Boy? Jonghyun?

Jonghyun...

I'm leaving Jonghyun...

"Let me out. Please. I'm begging you. Let me out." They didn't budge from their spot. Tears started coming out as I realized that I would be leaving. Nothing can stop my parents decision because I messed up big time. "Please let me out... Please..."

They looked at me with a pitiful expression. "Fine." They moved out the way and I ran out to the livng room. My parents were sitting on the couch and Jonghyun was kneeling to them.

"Jonghyun!" Two other bodyguards from behind grabbed me by my arms before I could have reached him.

Jonghuyn jumped up and tried to go towards me. The bodyguards from my room grabbed him. "Let her go! Don't hurt her!"

"Let her go."

The guards released me and I stood still.

My parents were here... They were actually here. The word stress was stamped all over their face as they looked at me. Of course, it was hinted with anger but I didn't care, they were here.

"Mom, dad-"

"Do not call us that," I looked down as my dad spoke. "Sit on the couch." I obediently did as he told me. "Juliette Lee, I cannot believe you. You lied to me. What's gotten into you?"

"I-"

"Save it. You came all the way across the world to do this?! To became a silly star?! To lie to your parents?! Do you know how embarrased we were when we got to that school in Paris? When I asked where my daughter was and they said that you weren't and never was enrolled? No you don't. Why? Because you were here. We thought you went missing. Do you know how worried we were?! Do you know how proud we were when we heard you got in? Then I found out everything was a lie? Do you know how hard we've worked so you could even come this far?! Tell me, Juliette, because I want to know."

I cried and never dared to look up. This was the first time my dad as ever yelled at me. I didn't know what to say besides sorry...

"And you broke up with Andrew to be with this guy?! Huh?! His father canceled our contract together. Without him we lossed 25 percent of the companies earnings. I had to fire hundreds of employees because we couldn't afford it. All thanks to you. You were selfish and you knew it. You lied right in front of our faces. What am I going to do with you, Juliette?"

Jonghyun spoke up, "Don't yell at her it wasn't-"

"Don't try to defend her. This is your fault as well. I'm ashamed, I'm embarrased, I'm mad, I'm frustrated, I'm stressed out. But most of all, I'm heartbroken."

I mustered up my courage to say something, "I'm sor-"

"Forget it. I'm letting this go. You are to leave and quit your job and come back with us to the US. You're going to forget this ever happened and you're going to especially-" he looked at Jonghyun, "-forget him."

Both of our eyes opened wide in shock.

"Daddy please, I'll go home with you but please don't make me break up with Jonghyun. Please."

"Forget him or forget us." Why was he doing this to me?... "I'm sorry, honey, but this is the only thing I can do. You choose. If you go to him, don't ever call us your parents ever again."

My parents or Jonghyun? The people I love or the love of my life?

Everything after that became a blur. I felt kind of buzzed you can say. Voices became a big buzzing sound and my vision was all blurry.

I remember being pulled away from my apartment. Jonghyun was being held back by the other boys. He was crying; badly. I couldn't pull away... I felt like I was being dragged to hell. It felt like I could never go back to them. To him.

My last mental image of Jonghyun was of him crying again. Again.

That's ed up.

My parents were emotionless while I was an emotional wreck. It was if I was told I was dying that night. Like I was going to breathe in my last breath of air. It still feels like that. One second without him was like a piece of my soul slowly disappearing from earth.

I was done crying when we arrived at the terminal. I was like a robot; being controlled by my parents. I tried running but what's the point? Even if I escaped from the guards, my dad's words would suddenly scream out to me.

"I'm heartbroken."

"I'm heartbroken."

"I'm heartbroken."

I would stand still and get caught again. Those words were pulling me back. I couldn't break free. Even if my body could, my mind couldn't. What kind of daughter am I? I made my parents feel heartbrokened. My own parents; the ones that love me and care for me.

I'm ashamed of myself...

We arrived at LAX and went home. It felt like I was at a foreign place even though I lived there my whole life.

The people there made me feel different.

I didn't belong here.

I don't belong here.

I don't want to be here.

Take me back home...

Back to Jonghyun...

Let a Christmas miracle happen.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Omo! Nooooooooo. Comment homies! Sorry for neglecting the story. I was focused on school and I got sick and eeeh. Hope you like it~