Bye Bye America!

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Juliette's POV

I never lied to my parents before. But if I want this for myself, I'll be able to do it!

*Flashback*

"What do you mean you know what to do?"

"Remember last year when your father told you about that school in Paris?"

"Ugh, don't remind me."

"Go to school there," she told me.

"What?!" I jumped out of my seat. "Are you crazy?! I'm never going there! Ever!"

She sighed and shook her head, "You didn't let me finish. Sit down first."

I obeyed her and let her go on. "Tell your parents you go to 'school' there but in reality, you'll be in Korea."

*End of Flashback*

So now I'm in front of the computer typing up a fake letter.

This better work...

________________________________________________________________

It was the next morning. I stayed up all night typing up a convincing letter. I snuck out early to place it inside the mailbox. Luckily, no one was awake yet.

My parents were in the dining room eating breakfast. They were quiet when I walked into the room.

"Good morning, mom, good morning, dad. I'm sorry for talking back and acting like a spoiled brat last night. You guys are right, I'll take over for daddy and reject becoming a trainee at SM entertainment."

Lying is so not easy. I was sweating and shaking like I just saw a ghost.

"It's okay, sweetie, we forgive you. Just don't act so reckless next time okay?" my mom said.

"I understand, mom," I said smiling at her.

"Your mail, Mr. Lee." Ms. Song came in with a pile of letters and I tried to find my letter without looking too obvious. Ms. Song gave me the look and I quickly nodded telling her I did it. She smiled and walked out of the room.

"Junk, junk, junk, junk, oh. What's this? Honey it's for you. From the International Institute of Paris! Open it up and see what it says!" He handed me the letter.

"Th-th-thank you dad." I took it from him and opened it. My hand was trembling. I hope it wasn't obvious. "Oh look! I got accepted into an early start program!" I tried to look excited.

'Really?! Let me see!"

My dad had the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. It made me feel so guilty. He was proud of me, I knew he was. My mom was next to him looking at me with proud eyes. I looked away, I hated the fact that I had to lie.

"I'm so proud of you, honey! I knew you could do it!" my mom said.

"Looks like you have to leave tonight if you want to make it in time for the orientation," my dad said.

"Really? Okay then, I'll just say goodbye to my friends first before I leave. If that's okay with you guys."

"Okay, honey, be back early so we can have dinner," my mom said while smiling.

________________________________________________________________

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm leaving to Paris and I don't know when I'll be back," I told everyone after we finished eating.

"What?! Why?!" everyone said.

"I got accepted into a program there at a college."

"You are?! That's great, Juliette!"

"Thank you, Isabella!"

Isabella was my best friend, we were inseparable. I met her when we were toddlers. She was everything a girl needs from a best friend. I trusted her and cared for her- like a real sister. We've been through everything together. We got each other's backs.

I was surprised that she was so happy. Wouldn't she be crying her eyes out?

"Aw, babe. Really? I'll miss you then," said Andrew. "Listen, I have to go, something important just came up."

"Oh, will you be there at the airport tonight then?"

"I'm afraid I can't. Sorry. I'll call you later." Then he left. What the hell? Why was he acting like this?

"Hey, best, I have to go, emergency. I'll call you later," she said while getting up.

"Will you go with me to the airport tonight?"

"Sorry, Jules, I can't. I'll call you, mkay?"                     

What was up with those two? I mean, okay you can leave now but you're just going to ditch me like that? They have been acting weird lately and I'm afraid to ask why. They use to hate each other’s guts but now, they have been acting really nice and friendly towards each other and every time I hit them up, they would be busy.

Doesn't matter anyway. I was too excited to even worry about that. Everyone else congratulated me and bought me lunch. I had a blast.                                                           

I went home late because we were having fun at the amusement park. My parents and I ate dinner. Everything was packed for me. All the things I needed for "Paris" was set.

We were now driving to the airport. My parents and Ms. Song came along. I got goodbye text messages from people and I smiled thinking people actually cared. Except for those two, not even one thing. Before I knew it, we already arrived. We walked into the airport and went to my terminal. My mom was crying and I was about to cry too. The fact that the other two people who were very important to me didn't come either made me want to cry even more.

“Okay, sweetie, remember to call me as soon as you get to Paris okay?” she said.

“Okay, mommy.”

She looked at me and cried even more. I smiled and gave her a big hug.

I went up to my dad next and he smiled, “You’re a big girl now and I want you to know that I’m very, very proud of you.”

I swallowed my saliva down in guilt and hugged him. “Thank you, daddy.”

He smiled and I walked to Ms. Song.

“Well, this is it, Juliette. You ready for this?” I nodded my head and she laughed and pulled me in for a hug. She whispered so only I could hear, “Don’t worry, dear, your secret’s safe with me.” She pulled away and winked at me. I smiled and hugged her one last time. “Oh I’m going to miss you so much, Juliette! Call me when you arrive alright?”

"Don't worry, I will!"

I waved goodbye and walked into the terminal.

Ready or not, here I come.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Felt like updating since I woke up early! Good morning to the world!

 

     minhomino:  minho’s watching…:)