What Did You Say?!

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Jun Hye's POV

"Puppies are nice! Why won't you're mommy and daddy let you have a puppy?"

I turned around to look at them; they didn't say a word.

"Well, the puppy I want isn't the cutest thing to them."

"But all puppies are cute!" I nodded and patted her head. She turned towards the crowd and helped me make the wish. "I wish Juliette can get Jonghyun oppa for Christmas!"

People clapped for her and she smiled and waved to her parents. She was just so cute! She frowned when nothing happened.

"Santa's not coming with my gift Rosie, thanks for trying."

She shook her head, "No! Santa's just busy giving everyone else their presents! Be patient! He'll come in a nice little box with a bow on top and then you'll be happy!"

Well, kids don't lie...

 

Jonghyun's POV

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me!"

I made my way through the crowd of people and went to the nearest elevator. The doors were just about to close but I threw myself at the elevator and the doors opened back up. I slammed myself onto the elevator wall while the doors closed behind me. I rubbed my arm and tried to stand up properly. The elevator was taking it’s sweet time going down and I mentally cussed it out. All of a sudden, the elevator shook and stopped. It was one of those glass elevators so you could see out. CRAP. WHY STOP NOW.

*Attention all customers. The elevators seem to be stuck. Please remain calm while we fix this issue. Thank you.*

"Hey, kid."

I looked up to see Santa Clause looking at me. "Santa?"

"Call me Jim."

Obviously this guy was hired to be Santa. Why would Santa be here? Isn’t he supposed to be at the South Pole? Wait, isn’t it the West Pole? Is there even a West Pole? Or was it the East Pole? North? I don’t know, ask Taemin.

I smiled and politely bowed. "Merry Christmas!" We were the only ones in the elevator.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Were you the guy that was supposed to be my present box?" I had no clue what he was saying. His English was just a big jumble in my head. I nodded and smiled. Maybe he'll leave me alone. "Great, here." He threw this big present at me. I caught and looked at it. There was a hole on the top and holes on the sides. Looks like a costume... "What are you waiting for? Put it on."

I tilted my head to the side and tried to comprehend what he was saying to me. Nope, nothing.

"UGH, teenagers these days get stupider and stupider..." He came towards me and I backed up onto the wall. He grabbed the costume and stuck it over my head. I struggled to get out but he was too strong. My head was stuck in the hole and he was forcing it in. I was yelling and telling him to stop because he was ruining my precious hair but he wouldn't. "God, why do you have such a big head?! Go in! Almost there- Wait- Stop moving- Hold on- Stop- One more push- UGHHHH-"

A little plop sound was heard when my head finally got in. I was light-headed.

"God damn kid, what are you? A freaking dinosaur or something?" I frowned and quickly fixed my hair. I glared at the guy and he scowled at me. "What?! You were paid to do this! Even though you look like a freakin' retard..." He held in his giggles and I turned towards the wall to see my reflection. I actually look cute~

He slapped something on my head and my eyes went wide when I saw what was there.

A BOW?! A STUPID BOW?!

I tried to take it off but he stopped me. "AYE! You can't! That comes out of both our paychecks! We'll get in trouble if you break it!"

I didn't know what he was saying but I heard trouble and I know that's not a good thing. So I stopped and tried to cross my arms but the stupid box was in the way.

"Okay while we're stuck here, I'll teach you what you have to say when we get down to the kids. Look friendly and have a big cheesy smile." I glared at him and blinked my eyes. He sighed and came towards me again. He pulled up the sides of my mouth and I slapped him away.

DID HE JUST TOUCH MY FACE?! OH HELL NO.

"Smile kid. Like this-" He gave me the cheesiest smile ever and gave me a thumbs-up. "-got it?" I don't know why he was smiling at me. What did I do? "Kid, it's not hard. Just smile."

Maybe he was telling me I had a great smile. I smiled after I thought of that.

"Perfect! Just like that! Good job!" I kept smiling as he kept complimenting me. "Okay, now say this, 'Hello'" I smiled and waved to him. "Nooooo, say hello. You know, 'Hello, hello'!"

Maybe he knew SHINee! "~Hello, hello~" I sang the song and he clapped his hands.

"Yes! Hello! Good job! Okay now repeat after me."

I think he was telling me to mimic him. He was a fan of SHINee so I had to be nice~ He was waving to invisible people and I followed him. We both probably looked like idiots to the people who could see us outside. I was having fun~ He turned his back towards me and told me to follow him. I happily wobbled my way behind him and he was waving to the left so I waved to the right. He waved to the right so I waved to the left. I was happily waving when he took something out of his pocket.

"Hello?" he said.

"~Hello, hello~"

"SHH!"

"SHH!" I mimicked him because he told me to.

He put his index finger to his mouth so I followed him. He did the okay signed and I repeated him. "Yeah, I have to deal with stupid kids..."

I quietly recited what he said. "Stupid kids..."

"You think I want to deal with them?! I hate kids!"

"I hate kids..."

"Yeah, Merry mas to you too."

"Merry mas..."

I quietly remembered those three words and recited them over and over again.

At that moment, the elevator started moving again. He turned back towards me and picked up his presents sack. "Ready, kid?" I gave him a thumbs-up and smiled. "Okay you can stop smiling at me."

The doors opened and I waddled out after him. He walked towards the big Christmas tree and I made my way towards the stage. Almost there Hye ah!

"Wait! Hey kid! Where are you going?!" I turned towards Jim and he was pointing to the tree. I pointed towards the stage. "No kid! This way!"

I looked over to his direction and saw that there was a North Pole kind of thing set up. He was expecting me to go over there?! I shook my head and pointed towards the stage. He was making his way towards me to drag me over to the North Pole. ...

"Look!" I pointed behind him and he turned around to look. I ran as fast as I could and made my way towards the stage. "Hye ah! Hye ah!"

"Security! Get that boy!"

I saw security guards coming towards me getting ready to take me out of the mall.

HELP ME!

 

Jun Hye's POV

"Alright! Thank you, Rosie, for helping Juliette out! The show must go on, we have-"

A bunch of screams and shouts were heard coming this way. I got up and tried to see what was going on.

“STOP HIM! GET THAT BOY!”

Was it a robber?! A criminal?! I brought Rosie closer to me and tried to block her from any danger. She clung onto my leg tightly and I patted her head to calm her down.

Security guards ran towards the trouble and it was getting closer and closer. What the heck was going on?! Everyone had their attention towards the back of the crowd. I heard someone shouting and the voice was really familiar. But who? Suddenly, the crowd separated into two different crowds leaving an empty space in the middle. A big present box was making its way to the stage. I backed up with Rosie and stared at the thing. Wait, it was a person!

Security guards were chasing after that person and he managed to get on stage on time with Santa right after him. Santa tackled him down and they both fell.

“Santa!” Rosie shrieked.

The Santa looked like he was going to punch the person in the face when he remembered where he was at the moment. “Uh… Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas, little girl!”

“Santa! You came! I told you, Juliette! I told you Santa would come!” She had on the brightest smile I’ve ever seen in my whole life.

But Santa coming didn’t explain who the guy in the present was.

“Um Santa? Care to explain to everyone who this fellow is?” the MC said.

The present groaned and sat up. “Ugh…” The present was facing the crowd and the back of his head looked really familiar. I went closer towards him and looked at his head. The roots were brown but as you got closer towards the front, it got lighter and lighter.

Jonghyun

“Jonghyun oppa?!”

Rosie’s eyes lit up when she heard me say that. “He’s not Jonghyun oppa! He’s not even a puppy!”

The person got up and turned around. He had a big cheesy smile plastered on his face. “Merry Christmas?” he said.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I tackled him down again. “Jonghyun!”

He laughed and lightly pushed me off. I helped him take off the costume and he grabbed me for another hug right after. “I missed you so much, Hye ah.”

I cried and cried. Christmas miracles do happen. Rosie was clapping and smiling. “Rosie, I would like you to meet Jonghyun oppa.”

She shyly waved and he waved back. She went closer to me and whispered, “He’s handsome!”

I laughed and whispered back, “I know.”

“Sorry kid; didn’t know that you didn’t understand me.”

Jonghyun smiled and gave him a thumbs-up. The Santa laughed and gave him one back.

I heard someone clear his throat behind me and I immediately tensed up. Forgot…

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Lee!” Jonghyun gave them a polite bow and they nodded.

“Looks like you caused a lot of trouble today, Jonghyun ssi.”

“I-“

“Save it. You came all the way to the US to come and find Juliette. You went to our house to try to find us there. I know because the guards told me so you coming here wasn’t a surprise to my wife and I. You made a mess in the mall and you probably frightened everyone here with your little chase from before. You did all this to be with my daughter. Did you even think about what’s going to happen after this? You can ruin yourself as a star for doing this. You rather destroy your image as an idol to be with my daughter. You Kim Jonghyun-“

“Dad, stop yelling at him. It’s not his fault. Blame me, okay? It was my fault-“

“You didn’t let me finish. You Kim Jonghyun… have earned my trust.”

“What?!” we both spoke at the same time. Am I dreaming?! Is this reality?!

“Your little adventure tugged at my heart and I found out what happened while you were in Korea, Juliette. I want to thank you for saving my daughter’s life even thought it was your fault.”

“Honey!” My mom lightly smacked his arm and he did a little pout. My dad’s still a kid at heart.

“I overreacted and I didn’t think about your guy’s feelings. I was harsh and evil and I know what I did wrong. I’m sorry, honey.”

I gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek, “Thank you, dad.”

Rosie went back to her parents after getting a picture with Santa and us.

I got the mic to say something again, “Sorry about earlier, that was unexpected and like Rosie said, it was a Christmas miracle. I hope you guys have a great Christmas with your families! Jonghyun, do you want to say something?”

He grabbed the mic and looked at Santa. He gave him a thumbs-up again and waved to everyone. “Hi~” Everyone said hi back. “Uh… Stupid kids!” My smile dropped when I heard him say that. Santa’s did as well. “I hate kids!” All the kids were glaring at him. Jonghyun didn’t know what was going on but he was in for some deep trouble. I tried taking the mic away from him.

“MERRY MAS!”

All the kids screamed and charged towards the stage to tackle him down. I covered my face in embarrassment.

Aish Kim Jonghyun, what am I going to do with you?

 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Guys... this is the second to last chapter. *cries* It's okay though! New story!!! I'll post up the link as soon as I'm done with it! Enjoy!