A Million Times Yes

Lying... for better or for worse?...

One month later

 

Jun Hye's POV

"Good job, everyone! We are done for the day. Remember that the concert is tomorrow night! Have fun and relax okay?"

"NEH!!!"

"Good job, Jun Hye ssi. Relax for the day alright?" my dance trainer said.

"Okay, thank you" I bowed politely at her and she left.

I went to pick up my things to go change. I walked out the door but...

*BAM!*

"Oh my god are you okay?! Why are you on the floor?! Did I hit you? I'm so meeeeeaaaaan!!!!"

By the way this person was spazzing, I could tell who it was.

"Dae Jung oppa! It's okay!" He helped me up and helped me get my stuff. "What was that?"

"Oh! Look!" He opened the rolled up paper and showed it to me. "Ta-da! It's you from that photoshoot!"

"It looks nice!" My first photoshoot and it looked good. Hehe...

"Let's go to my office." We walked to his office and I plopped onto the sofa. "So, how's everything going?"

We have these daily talks once a week to relieve stress. It actually helps a lot.

"It's been good..." Not really... Because we were both so busy, we haven't been contacting each other. I miss him...

I totally forgot about it but then I saw him on TV yesterday and I started missing him even more.

"Something's wrong. Tell me," he said. He can always figure it out. "Is it about that dinosaur looking kid?"

That made me laugh. "Mhm... and he has a name, oppa."

"What? Tell me girlfriend I'm all ears," he was doing his girly thing again.

Should I tell him? Not that it matters though right? He doesn't like me in that way. He said it himself...

"The truth is..."

 

Jonghyun's POV

Jun Hye! I miss her beautiful face! I haven't seen her in forever. Should I go surprise her right now? We were taking a break from practice anyway...

"Um... I need to go pee, I'll be back okay?" I ran out of the practice room and skipped all the way to her practice room. She wasn't in there.... She must be in her manager's room then. I took the elevator up and walked to his room. There was voices inside.

"The truth is..."

Was that Hye-ah?

"I think I like him."

"BWOH?????!!!!!"

Him?! Who's him?! Man, she must have met someone when I was away...

I was about to sulk back to the practice room when I heard her manager say something.

"Well, if you like dinosaur looking boys then I guess."

I fell onto the floor after I heard that.

Dinosaur?! ME?!

"What was that?" I heard her manager say.

I quickly crawled behind the flower pot just as Hye ah's head popped out the door. Wow... did she get prettier?

"Stop calling him a dinosaur! Jonghyun oppa has a name!"

I started doing a happy dance. YAY YAY YAY! Yes! She likes me back! I can officially ask her out! Tonight for sure! Should I tell the boys? Naw... they will totally freak out. I guess I'm on my own... I immediately thought of a plan. I'm going to make it a night to remember!

 

Taemin's POV

Ah, I'm so hungry! I was walking around SM trying to find a nice looking noona to give me candy. CANDY. I NEED CANDY.

"Taeminnie~"

I turned around to see Jonghyun hyung with his hands behind his back.

"Hyung!"

"Can you help me do something, Taeminnie?" he asked.

I narrowed my eyes, "Depends on what. If you're telling me to use my aegyo again to get a girl's number then NO."

He shook his head, "No, I just need you to tell something to your favorite noona."

My ears perked up, "Jun Hye noona?"

He nodded his head, "Jun Hye noona."

"Okay what?"

"Tell her to meet me at this place at 7 o'clock sharp." He handed me a card with the restaurant name on it.

I smiled then pursed my lips, "What do I get out of this?"

He smiled then slowly showed me his left hand. CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY.

I tried to grab it but he pulled back. "Uh uh, tell me you would do it first. Like, NOW."

"Ok okay! CANDY!"

He started waving it around and I pouted. He gave it to me and I immediately ate it. MHM CANDY!

*This is so good!*

"Tell her..."

*I feel like I'm floating on cloud nine...*

"Don't forget!"

*UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS.*

"Got it?!"

"HUH?! Yeah yeah I got it!"

"Good boy." He patted my head and gave me another one. "Don't forget. I'm counting on you!"

"Bye, hyung!"

I went to look for Jun Hye noona. She wasn't in SM so she must be home!

I knocked on the door and there she was carrying a really big teddy bear.

"Noona~ The teddy bear is cute!"

"Hey~ Thank, it's a present." she smiled. "What brings you here?"

"Oh!" I took out the card from my pocket. "For you!"

"For me? What is it?"

"It's from Jonghyun hyung! He said it was for you! 7 o'clock sharp!"

"Oh... When?" she said looking at me.

When?

WHEN?!

Did hyung tell me when? Aish, he probably told me when I was eating the candy! Since he gave it to me just now, it should be for today.

"He said today. Alright, noona, I'm going to back to my dorm now. Bye!"

"Thanks, Taeminnie!"

She closed the door and I went back to our dorm.

He did say today right?

Eh, what could happen?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jun Hye's POV

Where is he? I dressed up all nice and stuff and have been waiting for at least an HOUR. One stinking hour! I'm not an impatient person but can you blame me? I'm excited to see him... It's freezing cold outside too! I tried calling him again but he wouldn't pick up. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for that stupid dino to call.

People were passing by and giving me looks. Of course, why would a girl wearing a dress be standing outside in the freaking cold for?

~So I won't hesistate no more, no more, It cannot wait I'm yours~

It was him. I cleared my throat and picked up.

"Yah! Where are you? You know how long I've been waiting?" I tried to sound mad but I was excited to hear his voice.

"Noona?"

"Oh, Taemin. Why are you picking up Jonghyun oppa's phone?"

"Hyung left his phone at home. Aren't you at the restaurant with him?"

"What?" I was confused. "What are you talking about, Taemin? I haven't seen him all day!"

"Really? I swear I saw you guys go together in his car..."

"Is that so?" I started to get angry. Another girl? "Thanks, Taemin. I'm going to hang up now."

"Okay, noona! Sorry I can't help."

Who does he think he is? Ditching me like this for another girl?!

UGH I HATE YOU KIM JONGHYUN!!!

*GROWL*

Great, now I'm hungry. That's what you get for spending your whole day looking for the perfect outfit to impress him to find out he ditched you for some stupid girl...

Since I'm here already, might as well go inside and eat. I tried to open the restaurant door but it was locked. Great, even the restuarant hates me.

Was this all a prank?

I called a taxi to come take me home. It came and I went in. We were getting near the stupid garden. I kept glaring at it even though it didn't do anything to me. Why is this light taking so long?! I started tapping my foot impatiently. One of SHINee's song started playing on the radio and his stupid obnoxious voice came on. I started to boil up again.

"Ahjussi, just drop me off here."

I paid him and got out. The wind was starting to pick up. I pulled my jean jacket in closer to me. Like it was going to help. I started walking in the garden and swiftly went towards the back of the garden. No one was here because it was late. Which is why I was here; to get some quiet time. I opened the door to the secret garden and walked in. It was pitch black in there. I slowly made my way towards the gazebo when I heard rustling.

What was that?

I grabbed a branch from the ground and slowly made my way over. I couldn't see anyone since it was so dark. When I got closer, I saw a figure of someone. He or she was mumbling to himself. I hid behind one of the poles and was getting ready to whack him on the head. How did they find out about this place anyway?! I was getting ready to attack when they turned around. I quickly hid again.

"I swear I saw someone.."

Jonghyun oppa?!

I squinted my eyes and tried to adjust to the dark. It was him! What the heck was he doing here? I walked up the stairs of the gazebo and the light switch. "What are you doing?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"SHH!!!! Someone's going to hear you!"

"HYE AH?! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME! WHY WOULD YOU WALK UP LIKE THAT. OH MY GOD. AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

I kicked him in the shin. "LIKE YOU'RE THE ONE TO TALK! AND I CAME HERE BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"OOOOWWWWW!!!!! Hye ah! What was that for?!"

"That's what you get for ditching me you jerk!"

I looked around to see what was going on. Lights were hung up and there were flowers everywhere. I turned around to look at him. He was slightly blushing. "Did I interrupt your little love bird nest???"

He looked confused, "What?"

"Isn't this for you and your 'girl' who Taemin supposedly saw?"

"Girl? My mom?"

I frozed, "Your mom?"

Jonghyun sighed and tried to avoid eye contact. "Yeah my mom. I was asking her for uh, advice."

 

Jonghyun's POV

I could finally see her beautiful face! She looked so gorgeous. The dress fitted her perfectly and the heels really made her legs look really long. Her hair was flowing down in loose curls. Not to mention those big beautiful eyes...

"Advice? For what?"

I pointed around the place, "This."

"Ah..." She gave me an angelic smile and walked to the table.

"This was actually for you. I specifically told Taemin TOMORROW."

"F-for me? That's funny, he said today."

AISH. LEE TAEMIN. "Sorry, everything is half prepared."

I pouted at her and she ruffled my hair. "It's okay! At least you tried!"

 

Jun Hye's POV

He smiled when I said that.

*sigh* That smile...

"So what's the special occasion?" I asked him.

"Oh! Uh... Just friendship thing..."

"Oh friendship..."

Friendship. I was hoping for relationship but this is better then nothing.

"Want to eat something? I was suppose to have a BIG dinner set up."

"Fine. What do you have?"

"Cup noodles."

"Of course."

He started boiling some hot water while I waited. "Here."

"Thanks."

We started eating and it was pretty quiet. I mean, what am I suppose to say to the boy I like when we were just awkwardly eating noodles with each other? We finished eating and just sat there. 

"Wanna dance?" he said getting up. I looked at him and he had his hand out.

"We don't even have music."

"Hello? Singer here."

I laughed and took his hand. He put his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck. He started to sing a song I didn't know.

~I pray for all your love

Girl our love is so unreal

I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me

This is something like a movie

And I don't know how it ends girl

but I fell in love with my Best Friend

I know it sounds crazy

That you'd be my baby.

But you mean that much to me.

'Cause nothing compares when

We're lighter than air and

We don't wanna come back down.

But I don't wanna ruin what we have

Love is so unpredictable.

But it's the risk that I'm taking,

Hoping, praying

You'd fall in love with your best friend~

Did these lyrics mean anything? Or was he just singing them because he liked the song? But why did I feel like he directed those lyrics to me? And why did I feel like I wanted them to be?

We stopped dancing and he started walking towards the little bridge above the pond. I stood there confused with thoughts going through my head.

"Are you coming or what, Hye ah?"

I quickly followed him and he grabbed my hand. There was a trail of cherry blossom petals leading to the bridge. It was so beautiful. When we reach the bridge, he grabbed both of my hands and looked at me. Those deep brown eyes were shining and he looked so sweet and gentle not like his usual self.

"Tonight. Wasn't actually for you."

GREAT. I did come into his little love nest. UGH now I feel like .

"It was for us."

US?!

"Hye ah, I liked you for a while now." What?! My heart was beating super fast and his eyes were mesmerizing me. "Tonight was suppose to be super romantic and cheesy. But Taemin... Yeah. It was suppose to be perfect for you." I looked at him in shock. Me?! He likes ME?! "I feel so at peace when I'm with you. I could be myself without being the Bling Bling Jonghyun everyone knows. When I'm with you, I could be that manwhore dino Jonghyun." He started chuckling at himself and continued, "Whenever I see you, my heart beats super quickly and my cheeks get red. I feel like you know me more then anyone else in the world. And I would hate it to let you go and be with someone else so, Lee Jun Hye, will you be my girlfriend?"

He was saying it so sincerly and he looked so handsome. But... how could this be? He didn't like me like that right? I mean, I wasn't the prettiest girl in the world or anything.

"This is some kind of TV show right? Like a prank show or something." I started turning my head here and there looking fo the secret camera.

He laughed and hugged me. "No, I reallly mean it Hye ah."

"Really?" He nodded his head. I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him. "A million times yes, best friend!"

He smiled at me and picked me up and spun me around.

This couldn't be true. Everything that has been happening couldn't possibly be true.

 

Jonghyun's POV

"A million times yes, best friend!"

YES!!!! She said yes! I picked her up and spun her around. This couldn't be happening. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I bet you we both look like idiots smiling at each other.

"So do we keep this a secret?" she asked me.

"I think it will be easier that way if we did."

"Okay then."

I interlocked my hand with hers and she blushed immediately. "Let's go home, it's late."

We started walking back to my car hand in hand.

I felt like everything is finally right. The SHINee boys, the fans, family, and most importantly, I have the most beautiful girl in the whole world with me.

It felt like it was just me and her underneath the stars.

This is too good to be true.