Stop Breaking My Heart

Lying... for better or for worse?...

Jun Hye's POV

"JUN HYE GET ME MORE CHIPS!"

"Go get them yourself."

"Fine. Whatever."

I laid down on the couch. I AM EXHAUSTED. I finally have a day off and the comes and ruins it for me. He still had some cuts and bruises on his face but he was a fast healer. I tried to talk to him about about what happened but he would change the subject as soon as I open my mouth. I mean, what he did was totally wrong and he knew it.

At least say good morning when you come to see someone right? No. He says, "Go make me coffee." He's been bossing me around the second he got here. Go do this, go do that, clean this, clean that. WHY WON'T HE GO AWAY?!

"YAH, THERE'S NO MORE CHIPS!"

"Go eat some poison then," I murmured.

He walked back into the living room, "What?"

"Nothing," I said smiling at him. The minute he turned around, I started glaring at him. "You ate all my chips?!"

"It's not a big deal. Just go get more. Oh, and while you're at it, get me some beer."

I got up to get my jacket and purse. "You know I hate alcohol in my house," I told him.

He pouted, "Well you're going to hate paparazzi in your house too," he said while waving his phone around.

I groaned and walked out of the house. I heard him laughing before I closed the door. When the door closed, I started punching the air. "Idiot!!!!!!!!!!"

I walked to the elevator and pushed the button to go down. It's already 10... But the market closed at midnight

*DING*

I got in and pressed first floor. "Wait!" I quickly pressed the open button and someone ran in. "Thanks-"

Great...

He would be here. He cleared his throat and looked away.

"No problem..."

 

Author's POV

They both ignored each other on the way down.

Was this part of Taemin's plan???

Maybe...

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

The door open and they both tried to get out at the same time.

"You first," Jun Hye told him.

He walked out. Jun Hye scoffed. What manners he has.

Jonghyun was starting to go out when the security guard greeted him. "Hey, Jonghyun!"

He bowed, "Good evening, Mr. Bok." He walked towards the door after.

"Jun Hye! What are you doing out so late at night?"

Jonghyun froze at the door.

"Oh! Good evening, Mr. Bok! I'm actually going to the market," she told him.

Jonghyun walked out.

"This late at night? Well be safe!" he told her.

"I will. Thank you!" she bowed to him and left.

She walked out after and looked up towards the sky. Ugh... looks like it's going to rain. Well, if she jogged it would only take her about five minutes.

"You're going to the market?" She jumped at the voice. Jonghyun was standing next to the door while leaning against the wall. She put her hand on her chest and tried to retain her breathing.

"Uh... yeah," she said.

"Are you driving there?" he asked.

She pouted, "I actually took my car in for repair yesterday..."

"Why?"

She looked down, "I... left the key in the ignition and now it won't work..."

He sighed, "Idiot... Come with me. I'm going too." Her eyes widen in shock. Did he just ask her to go with him?! "Well are you coming or not? Do you want to get soaked later?" he asked. She quickly followed him and went inside his car. He followed in after and started the car. "Are you cold? I'll turn up the heat." He did as he said he would and drove on to the market.

 

At SHINee's dorm

 

"Okay, we succesfully got Jonghyun hyung out of the house!" Taemin said while clapping his hands together.

"Well how long do you think it takes to get banana milk for a crying 18 year old boy at a market that's only five minutes away?" Key said.

"That's an easy one! I'll just text him to get us more groceries and then he would have to stay longer!" Taemin said.

Minho sighed, "Well if you think that'll work..."

"Oh it will. Everyone go change! Operation: Jonghye begins..."

"NOW!!!"

 

Jun Hye's POV

"You get what you need and I'll meet you at the cashier okay?" Jonghyun said.

I nodded and walked towards the chips aisle. I'm still surprised about what happened earlier. I was actually in his car. And we were together without any distractions. No one was there. Just us.

BUT I DIDN'T SAY A WORD.

I was too shocked. It was AWKWARD. Very awkward.  I mean, what we could we say to each other???

I quickly got the chips and walked over to the beverages. Hmm... milk, water, juice, soda, tea... there it is! All the way on the top... Man... I tiptoed and tried to reach for the beer. Why do I have to be so short?! Even if I tiptoed, I could only reach the shelf holding the beer. I was getting ready to climb on the bottom shelf.

"Do you need any help, miss?" I turn to gladly accept the offer but fell down. "Juliette?!"

"Yah! Why are you everywhere?!"

In Ho smiled and helped me up. I brushed off the dust and stood there looking at him. How many jobs does this guy have?!

"A hello would have been nice. I work here too," he told me.

"But don't you work at the club?" I asked him.

"I do! This is my night job, and the club is my late night job!" He helped me reach for the beer. "If you needed a drink, just come to the bar later. I'll make you one."

"Well I don't drink, and this is for someone else," I told him.

"Your little boyfriend?" he said.

"None of your business," I told him.

"None of your business," he said, mimicking me. I punched him in the stomach. "YAH!"

"Mehrong~" He glared at me but laughed right after. "Well I got to go. Talk to you later, In Ho!"

"Mkay! Annyeong~" he waved goodbye to me and continued working.

Poor guy, he works so much...

I walked to the cashier to see Jonghhyun waiting. He raised up an eyebrow. "I didn't know you drink," he said.

I blushed and shook my head. "It's for Sang Min..."

"Oh." He got in line and I went after him. THIS IS AWK. The cashier was eyeing me. I just put my head down and paid for the stuff. Yeah, why would this innocent looking girl buy beer?

BECAUSE OF A CERTAIN .

We walked out of the store and back into the car.

~You got a message! You got a message!~

Hey, that was the ringtone I set up for him... Why does he still have it on his phone? I eyed him and I could tell he was blushing in the dark. Jonghyun took out his phone, read the message, and then groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Taemin just texted me a bunch of stuff to buy at the market."

"Do you want to turn around?"

"It's fine. I'll make him get it himself tomorrow."

I nodded and looked out the window. It was starting to drizzle. The music was playing really low in the background and the only other sound you could hear was the engine of the car.

I felt something in my pocket vibrate. I took out my phone and groaned at the name.

CALLING: RETARDED UGLY STUPID MONKEY FACE SANG MIN

"What?!" I said.

"HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET CHIPS AND BEER?!"

We were at the stoplight and I knew Jonghyun was eavesdropping. Sang Min was loud enough to sound like I put him on speaker.

I sighed, "I'll be back in a bit."

"WELL HURRY. YOUR HOT BOYFRIEND IS STARVING!!!"

I hung up and put my head back on the seat. Ugh, I can't hold it in much longer.

The light turned green but Jonghyun made a U-turn.

"Our house is the other way," I told him.

"We need to talk."

He drove past the market we were at. I was playing with my fingers wondering where the heck he was going to take me. He stopped the car and we were in the all too familiar place.

The secret garden.

He got out of the car with an umbrella. Dang it... I didn't bring one. I put up my hood and got out. It wasn't raining too heavily so I would survive. I bent down to tie my shoes and the rain stopped. Huh? I looked and saw and heard the pitter-patter of the rain so why couldn't I feel it? I looked to my left to see a pair of shoes next to me. I looked up to see Jonghyun holding the umbrella towards me.

"I don't want your boyfriend to come beat me up because you got sick," he said.

I smiled and we started walking. The garden was already closed but we snuck in anyway. The guards were all asleep. Must be because of the weather. We got inside our- I mean his secret garden. We both ran to the gazebo to avoid the rain. I sat on the couch while he stood up. He was just looking at the sky. Nothing came out of his mouth. Just silence. I just watched him, waiting for him to say something.

It's been at least 10 minutes but he hasn't spoken a word. And that makes me even more nervous. I don't know what we're going to talk about and it just makes me scared.

"Why did you take me here, Jonghyun?" I asked him. I mean, I'm not an impatient person but I was freezing my off.

"Why?" he finally said.

"Why what?"

"Why do you let him boss you around like that?"

So he brought me here to talk about Sang Min... I sighed, "Jonghyun, it's complicated."

"You let him treat you like a slave," he said.

"It's not like I want to..." I murmured.

"And why would you let him... touch you like that?" he said facing me.

"Touch me?"

Even though it was dark, I could see the tears in his eyes. "Why would you do that, Jun Hye? I thought you were different. I thought you knew better. I didn't mean to hit him. I just, when I heard he did something like that to you, my head was just telling me to beat him up."

He still cares... But that's something I don't want him to do. I don't want him to care.

"Look, I'm glad you care, Jonghuyn, but don't worry about me. Please just take me back home." I got up and started walking.

"Hye ah I know you heard me that night." I froze. Why did he have to bring it up again? He continued, "I was not drunk. I was in my right mind. Hye ah don't you realize? I defended you because I still care for you."

I closed my eyes, "Please. Just bring me home."

"I defended you from that because I care for you."

He's making me break down. I can't let him know. Every single word was piercing into my heart like a knife. If he says anymore, I feel like I'm just going to give him and take him back. Him saying he cares for me... I can't.

"Jonghyun please..."

"So why? Why are you doing this to me, Hye ah?"

"Why are you doing this to me, Jonghyun?!" I screamed. He didn't say a word. I turned around to look at him with tears in my eyes. "Yes! I know! I know you defended me! I know you care for me! I know! But I can't do anything about it, Jonghyun. Don't tell me these things anymore. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it anymore! My heart belongs to Sang Min now okay? I love Sang Min. Learn to let me go, Jonghyun." He looked at me with those eyes again. Those same eyes from that night; the sorrowful eyes that I hate to see on him. "If you care for me learn to let me go."

He looked so pitiful. He was crying so hard it killed me inside. "So us... it didn't mean anything to you?..."

It means everything to me...

"It means nothing to me."

Jonghyun just let it go please...

"Do you hate me that much?"

I froze when he said that.

I don't hate you Jonghyun...

I love you.

"Yes."

It became silent again. It was killing me. I haven't lied to someone this much in my entire life. And to the person I love the most? It just kills me.

He suddenly walked towards me and kissed me. I froze and cried more. No, don't give in. This kiss wasn't his usual cute, soft, warm kisses. It was desperate and pleading. He was trying to prove his point. And guess what I did?

I kissed him back like an idiot.

I pulled in closer to him grabbing tuffs of his hair. I was desperate too. I missed it so much. He grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer to him. Why was I doing this?

Because I miss him so damn much.

We continued kissing until we pulled back to take a breath. Our foreheads were touching and he was looking straight into my eyes. It feels like he was observing my reaction. He's making it hard for me again.

I closed my eyes and cried. "Please don't make me fall for you all over again, Jonghyun." I heard him gasp and felt him release his hold on me. My arms went limp by my side. "I'm begging you. Please... I can't," I told him.

He looked at me and closed his eyes. "... Let's go home." He walked in front of me but stopped. "Now I know." I looked up at him. His back was facing me. "My mistake wasn't falling for you, it was thinking that you fell for me."

I covered my mouth and silently cried.

I'm so sorry Jonghyun.

It's my mistake, not yours.

I watched as he walked farther and farther away from me. It was like he was leaving forever. It hurts so much... But I'm glad that he's over me now.

At least I think he is...

We walked back to the car and drove home. I was looking outside the whole time. I was too scared to look at him. But I could hear him sniffling besides me. Tears were silently falling down my face also. I hurt him bad. I thought that night was enough but this one really hit home.

What am I going to do?

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Sorry for not updating!!! Getting ready for school and everythaaaaang. Poor Jonghyun. Poor Jun Hye. Hope they get better yeah?

And and and, I have a new fic in mind! Keke my homie and dongsaeng Woouforever already had a glimpse at it and she loves it! So I'm guessing you guys will love it too! It features Jonghyun as well! So I'll start writing on it then post it up kay? Keke. Thanks for reading! ^__^