Insidious storm

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Saturday, 24th of May]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was making some breakfast for Jungkook in our house. Apparently Jin had brought Jungkook to our place after their practice. They had some things to do which didn't include someone like me. When I got back home at 8 pm yesterday, they still weren't in here so they'd probably stayed somewhere behind together like we deduced with Dahee. What a weird coincidence for both of them being away together and then coming to our house together. Suspicious even if I could say.

In the end, Jungkook was way sicker than he believed himself to be so the fever backfired on him as he was staying in our place yesterday. Jin informed Dahee about Jungkook's whereabouts so he could stay in here and rest. For surprise, Jin let Jungkook sleep on my bed without any objections which was so not like him at all. Something had definitely happened in between these two since Jin couldn't even tolerate Jungkook's essence a while ago.

After cutting the oranges to the plate, I eyed my masterpiece arrogantly. I couldn't cook but making toast, fruit and tea was a job for me. I placed the dishes to one of the trays before taking it with me to my room. The clock was already past 10 am so it was already time for him to wake up.

 

 

"Good morning.." I hummed as I stepped inside of my room where I saw him still sleeping soundlessly.

"Ehm." I heard him mumbling and turning to another side. I smiled and placed the tray gently to my bed before removing all the unnecessary stuff from my nightstand. After that I moved the tray nicely to my nightstand.

"It's almost 10:30 am. Are you feeling any better?" I asked and sat down on the bed next to him. He just furrowed hiw brows so I decided to play with his hair for a while. I made some small braids while I waited for him to wake up. When it didn't work I lied down next to him so I was now facing him. Maybe sleeping a bit more wouldn't mind? I thought as I closed my eyes.

"Yah.." I winced to his husky tone and opened my eyes. "Continue what you were doing.." He hummed and I chuckled to that.

"No, you wake up." I caressed his nose once before sitting up again.

"Do I need to?" Jungkook whined and threw his right arm over my thighs.

"I made you breakfast so, yes." I told coldly and saw him smiling, still eyes closed.

"Just when I was feeling comfortable." He started to open his eyes but still kept his head glued to the pillow.

"Yah.. Just eat the breakfast and then sleep." I chuckled. "The tea is going to cool down."

"Okay okay!" Jungkook raised his voice before chuckling sleepily. He sat up next to me and rubbed his eyes. I reached the tray from the nightstand and placed it on his lap. "Whoa. You managed to make this?" 

"Hey.. I've made you food twice. I'm still waiting for my gourmet meal." I pointed out and saw him wrinkling his nose.

"Okay okay okay.. I'm loving this." Jungkook snickered and took a bite of the toast. "Ohhh so good." He acted and I pushed his arm gently.

"Yaaah." I whined but he only grinned to that. "Jungkook-ah.." I started when he sipped his tea.

"Hm?"

"What were you doing yesterday evening with Seokjin oppa?" I asked and noticed how his expression darkened just slightly. "I spoke with Dahee and we connected the fact that you were together back then." I continued when he couldn't answer.

"Hey.." Jungkook started. "I'll promise to tell you everything when the time comes, okay?" He was suddenly looking deep in to my eyes.

"I.." I didn't know how to response.

"Just.. Trust me on this, please." He furrowed his brows which made me to smile slightly.

"I.. I do trust you." I noted and saw a relieved smile on his face. I leaned against my right hand and gave a small peck on Jungkook's cheek.

"What was that for?" Jungkook teased.

"Nothing really. Just because I can maybe?" I just shrugged and took one of the orange slice from his tray and saw Jungkook shaking his head in disapproval.

 

 

[Monday, 26th of May]

 

 

It was another morning and another school day. Today I decided to get some answers so I needed to find Namjoon without anyone's help. I wanted to change a few words with him without anyone else intervening us.

I got up from my bed as soon as the alarm clock started beeping. I did my morning routines in a rush and put some make up to my face. I headed downstairs, met Jin but just took something to eat and left the building. Today I was not going to go with him.

The clock was 7:45 am when I was standing outside of our school, right next the front doors. Now he couldn't possibly pass me without me noticing it and after waiting for a while, my prayers had been answered. Namjoon was walking towards the main entrance with his head hanging low. He had his wireless headphones on and both of his hands lying in his pockets. He didn't even seem to notice me before I took a proper grip of his arm and pulled him aside.

 

 

"What the--?" Namjoon just started but I just shook my head. I guided him to the backyard which was completely empty at this time. At the time, he's already removed the headphones and was now focusing on me fully.

"I've been trying to reach you ever since last week's Wednesday. Where have you been?" I started calmly and saw him looking anywhere but me.

"It's because--" He started but cut himself off before making it far.

"Namjoon-ssi?" I questioned and only now noticed how uncomfortable he was being around me now. I'd never seen him like that.

"..." Namjoon furrowed his brows and when it looked like he wasn't going to continue, I pleaded.

"Please.. I've never been more worried about my friend than the latest four days. Please tell me if you know anything about her whereabouts!" I slightly raised my voice at him, not because of anger but in desperation.

"I've been.. Trying to figure out where they are keeping her this whole time." Namjoon finally spoke. "That it the reason why you haven't seen me around in a while." He continued and now looked at me unsurely.

"What's with the look?" I question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter