Dirty trick

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tuesday, 20th of May]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"...and remember to return your essays to me first thing on Monday morning!" Our history teacher recalled us and few of my classmates gave him heavy sighs. I eyed him lazily and tried to get rid of my thoughts about Minhyun. Minhyun's condition more specifically. How can he do this to me? I'm his sister for God's sake.. I exhaled painfully and lowered my gaze to the desk in front of me.

I sort of understood why he didn't want me to see him on his treatment day, but even after two days he didn't want me there. What Minhyun wanted to keep for himself? There was obviously things he didn't want me to figure out but this was now getting ridiculous. His state was now stable and he was getting out of the hospital soon. I was waiting for him to come back and answer few of my questions like for example how to find our dad. I needed to get my moving so I could actually reach him before Minhyun's health would get another setback.

Sudden sound of school bells signaling that the class was dismissed, startled me slightly. Tia, who happened to be the class president, stood up on her seat.

 

 

"Attention. Bow." She said with light sweet tone and we bowed so the teacher would leave the class.

"Rest." Our history teacher noted and headed out of the classroom. I let out another heavy sigh. How can I solve all these problems by myself?  Out of nowhere I saw familiar face staring at me from the class' window. My eyes widened as my gaze landed on hers. It's been a while since I properly saw Mihee.

 

 

We walked down to the first floor and towards my locker which was located on the left side. The air between us was cold as I waited for her to start. When we got to my locker, I heard Mihee inhaling and swallowing hardly. I opened my locker and put my books inside before turning to face Mihee properly. Only now I saw how bad she was looking.

Her hair looked messy and it was in a bad shape. She had heavy dark circles under her sad and reddish eyes. She hadn't bothered to put make up on so I could see her pale skin which looked lifeless. This wasn't the shape my best friend would ever let herself in, except for now. Mihee had always taken care of herself since she was clearly following her sister's footsteps. This person in front of me was someone I'd never seen in my life.

 

 

"Oh boy.. You look horrible." I let out a small joke, hoping she would take it lightly which she did. I saw Mihee's lip corners rising upwards.

"Hah. I know right." She snorted and lifted her gaze to meet mine.

"What happened?" I asked carefully. "We haven't seen each other properly since last week." I was really concerned about her since she had ignored even my messages or just answered really coldly.

"Well.. Yeah I'm.. It's just.." Mihee suffered for finding the right words. "I don't know Yue-ah.. It hasn't been easy lately.. I'm super stressed." I saw Mihee's eyes glistering.

"C'mon don't cry, I'm here. You can tell me anything." I took a step closer and hugged her tightly. For a while we just were. I was holding my crying best friend in my arms without knowing what was really wrong with her.

"I.. Yue-ah.. I need some money." Mihee finally stated after she withdrew away from me.

"For what?" I asked still carefully so I wouldn't make her state even more unstable.

"I can't.. I r-really can't tell you.. Even though I-I'd want to." She stuttered.

"How much you need then?" I furrowed my brows.

"I c-can only tell that I n-need to pay 5,000,000 ₩ (≈ $ 4,700).. I'm still missing 2,133,000 ₩ (≈ $ 2,000). I have no other places to ask money anymore.." Mihee buried her face in to her palms. It was obviously a hard place for her to ask money from anyone.

"Whoa.. I'm not going to ask why you need to pay that since you didn't want to tell but whoa.. Couldn't you get a loan from a bank or something?" I asked.

"No!" She shook her head, still covering up her face. "No more loans, ever."

"Okay I see, I see." I pressed my lips against each other and thought of how I could help her. "Well I only have something like 1,000,000 ₩ in my bank account which I can give you 800,000 ₩ (≈ $ 750).. Do you think it'll help?" I was slightly suspicious about this whole deal here but since my best friend who never asks for money, was now begging me to help her, then I would.

"T-thank you Yue.." Mihee let her hands fall down from her face revealing her messed up face. I saw tears falling down on her cheeks like a stream.

"I'll transfer it to you tonight okay?" I furrowed my brows.

"I'll p-promise to t-tell you as soon as t-this is finished." Mihee looked up to meet my gaze. "Thank you once more. I need to go now." Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter