Carousel of affection

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Friday, 2nd of May]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

It was the morning of the field trip. I woke up without an alarm to a loud sound of raindrops hitting our roof. I sat up from my bed and reached my phone. The clock was 7 am and I had five missed calls and three texts which I only swiped off of the screen. I stood up and squinted my eyes open as I made my way to the window. I removed the curtains only to see a floating street when I looked down. Yay this'll be the best field trip ever. I closed the curtains before making my way to the bathroom.

 

 

"Yue-ah? Are you even listening to me?" Jin asked which made me snap back to reality. We were walking from Jin's car towards the school. The rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon it seemed. 

"What did you say?" I turned to look at him. He was walking under a light pink umbrella which I only recognized now. "Whoa oppa.. What is with that umbrella?"

"Don't try to change the topic.." Jin furrowed his brows so I just shook that aside.

"What was the topic?" I asked honestly and saw Jin shaking his head in disbelief.

"You know.. Whatever." Jin stated and quickened up his pace.

"Oppa!" I ran after him towards the main entrance.

 

 

When we got inside, I removed my dripping umbrella and eyed the students drying themselves, whining and just suffering because of the nature. I just smiled slightly and followed Jin pass the mass of students, further inside.

We got to the lockers and Jin continued his way to his locker while I stayed on mine. I placed the wet umbrella in my locker and tried to find the right books to my first class. Soon I heard Jin's voice through the corridor. I thought he met a member of Kingka, but when I heard his voice getting slowly further from me, I needed to stop him from going.

"Oppa!" I raised my voice and closed the locker's door.

I saw Jin looking at me in confusion and slightly behind him was standing the reason to my headache. I didn't know that he'd be with him. If I'd known, I wouldn't have called him. My gaze was locked on Jungkook and his slightly messy hair because of the rain. He was looking straight to my eyes, not wavering. I felt like there'd be a collar around my neck which Jungkook pulled without his knowledge.  I just shook my head all amused and finally moved my gaze to Jin.

I knew that Jungkook had called me five times during yesterday night, I knew he'd texted me but I didn't want to know what he said in those messages. I didn't want to hear his explanations because I knew I would accept his apology. He was one of the mean kids during primary school and now he seemed like he'd changed, but was he really? He might've been the exact same Jungkook from there but just with a different filter covering him. Finally I was starting to realize how bad my situation had become when I didn't realize the whole truth at first.

 

 

"Did you need something?!" Jin shouted back but I just shook my head and turned around.

"Nevermind that. I'll catch you later!" I waved to him and started to make my way to our classroom. Soon I heard something behind me..

"Hyung.. I have the same class with Yue so I'll be going first." Jungkook's words pierced through my head. Please no. It didn't take long before I heard loud steps coming closer and even less time before I had been swung around to face Jungkook's irritated expression.

"..." I stayed quiet, head down, eyeing his hand gripped around my right forearm.

"..." He didn't say anything either which made me starting to break out of his grasp. Jungkook didn't let me though, he just gripped my forearm even harder so it started to hurt me a bit.

"What do you want now?" I was surprised how my voice was sounding so calm.

"Why didn't you answer to my calls yesterday?" He dared to ask.

"I didn't answer your calls? I was about to sleep, that's why." I wrinkled my nose because of the lie.

"At 7 pm?" He narrowed his eyes to me.

"I was pretty exhausted after waiting for you a while." I just snorted once in amusement.

"Hey about that.." Jungkook started but it was my time to cut him off as I managed to squirm out of his grasp.

"I don't need any explanations. It's fine really." I ended my sentence shortly.

"But you were waiting for me? It must've bothered you.." Jungkook crossed his arms across his chest.

"It doesn't matter really." I just stated wearily.

"Just hear me out now Yue.." Jungkook started again.

"Why do you keep on insisting over this matter? I already said I'm fine so let's just get to class." I explained without any strength in my voice.

"Because you're trying to avoid my explanations, why?" Jungkook shot back.

"Only because it doesn't matter like I told you." I just laughed while shaking my head. "Why is this so big deal to you that we can't get over it?" I continued still sounding like I was genuinely happy.

"Just because you're making this weird by not hearing me out.. What are you afraid of?" Jungkook just furrowed his brows as if he'd try to read me.

"I.." I was taken aback by this question.

"Is it because you still like me?" He continued and I saw how his gaze was getting more piercing.

"You've got to be kidding me." I just shook my head with a smile. Not happy smile at all.

"This all seems so uncomfortable so I need to know if you still like me?" Jungkook continued and I saw him clenching his jaw. I snapped back to reality and eyed the corridor around me. There were still people who might've heard our conversation. If the other girls heard me having this kind of conversation with their Jungkook, they'd tear me apart soon enough.

"Stop making stuff up. I just noticed how much you're still like the Jungkook from the primary school that it made my blood boil. Only this time I can say my thoughts back to you. Back then I didn't dare to stand up to you." I shrugged and noticed how he lowered his gaze. He looked sad for what I saw, but I could've been easily wrong.

"Did you even.. Bother to read the messages I sent to you?" He asked still looking away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter