Too late

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Thursday, 3rd of April]

 

 

Jungkook's Pov

 

 

"Jeon Jungkook! Get down immediately!" I heard mom screaming downstairs so I got up from my couch and headed down slowly. There was no point on arguing with her. When I stepped off from the last stair, I already saw my mom pointing at our hallway.

"Why?" I asked while trying to see what there was so wrong that she had to make a scene out of it.

"Are those clothes yours?" Mom asked and I narrowed my eyes. It'd been three days since I got back from the US and already mom was screaming at me about everything. 

"They happen to be. Why?" I tilted my head.

"Did your father let you just keep your clothes lying around the house?" Mom asked and I smirked quickly.

"Well I only followed him." I shrugged and saw how my mom's eyes started to flame.

"Well now that you live in this house, you need to pick up your stuff! Those clothes are all wet!" Mom stomped her foot to the ground and I chuckled once.

"Yeah because yesterday when I went to check my new school, it was raining pretty roughly." I explained and saw her rolling her eyes.

"Whatever. Just make sure I don't see your clothes lying around the house anymore." She gave up on me and went back to the kitchen. I shrugged and walked to the hallway to get my jacket and back bag. I carried my jacket to the bathroom so it could get dry in there before getting the stairs up with my back bag.

 

 

I got to my room, threw my bag to the floor and jumped to my bed. I didn't manage to lie down long before something made a clank sound on my floor. At first I thought it was nothing but soon I heard more weird noises coming from my room's floor so I couldn't just sit still.

After getting up, I made my way to my back bag. It had left a bit open against the floor and something had flown out of it. I eyed the unknown phone on the floor closely.

I saw new message notifications on the screen but when I tried to tap the app open, it didn't work. Instead, it started to make weird wheezy sound. It's the phone I found from the ground yesterday. I remembered picking it up in the rain and soon seeing a girl crawling on thr ground. Could it be hers? I picked the phone up from the floor and tried to make some sense in it. Unfortunately it didn't want to work with me so I just turned it off. I doubt I'll ever see that girl again. What should I do with this then?

 

 

[Monday, 7th of April]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"YUE!" I got snapped to the reality by my lovable cousin's voice behind my door. I startled so bad, I hit my head to the wall behind me. 

"Ouch.." I whined while getting up to sit on my bed. I rubbed my eyes before letting them get used to the light. "What now oppa?" I mumbled with my morning tone.

"Why are you still in bed when the school started 10 min ago?!" Now Jin wasn't standing behind the door anymore but in my room.

"WHAT?!" I jumped off from my bed and ran straight to the bathroom with my school uniform. I can't be late on a day like this! Our aptitude test!

 

 

After arguing in Jin's car about why he didn't wake me up and how we both were late from our aptitude test, I found out he also overslept. I couldn't be mad at him at that point anymore. When we were almost at the school's parking lot, it even started to be a bit funny that we both overslept from our aptitude test.

I ran as fast as my feet could take me to my homeroom. All the corridors were empty since everyone was at the test, except for me. When I finally got to the third floor's B section, the clock was 8:30 am. I was only late for a half an hour. I knocked to my homeroom's door and waited our homeroom teacher to open it up.

I heard steps coming forwards the door. Please don't be mad. Please don't be mad. I crossed my fingers as Mrs. Lee opened the door. I peeked under my brows and saw her glaring at me badly. Great start for the day indeed.

She stepped aside and let me in. I saw everyone -I literally mean everyone- looking at me. They had their test papers in front of them and some of them were giving me all kind of glares. Few of the top students continued their test but most of my classmates were snorting something like "now my test got ruined because of her" etc. Mrs. Lee gave me a mean look so I quickly sneaked to the empty place at the middle of the class.

When I got settled, Mrs. Lee threw the test paper at me and walked back to the front. Well thank you.

The test time ended at 10 am which meant that everyone needed to turn their papers to Mrs. Lee. I managed to finish the test just before the test time ended which annoyed Mrs. Lee even more. After the test we had a homeroom teacher's class straight without breaks so we could all see the right answers for the previous test. Everyone was talking to each other about the test until..

 

 

"Miss Hwang!" And with this, everyone in the class fell silent. Oops. Everyone in the class slowly turned their attention to me who was sitting in the middle of the class.

"Yes...?" I smiled to her awkwardly.

"Would you like to tell everyone why you were late today? You came late, disturbed other students' working peace.. Anything else?" Mrs. Lee smiled evilly.

"I'm really sorry." I bowed with my neck.

"I think I need to take this matter to the principal so we can discuss about your punishment later." Mrs. Lee smiled evilly. "But now.. Tell us why you were late today."

"..." I bit my lips together. It was my second year in high school but still I managed to get Mrs. Lee to hate me from the day one. She's hated me ever since I first time walked in her class, and what's worse is that she happens to be my homeroom teacher. I lowered my gaze and stayed quiet.

"Nothing? Then tell me in Chinese, I don't care, just give me a proper explanation!" Mrs. Lee looked really angry so I nodded slowly. I thought explaining the things to her in Chinese would be good enough so everyone else wouldn't understand my pathetic explanation.

"I was late because I overslept without any reasons. Well maybe it was because I hadn't slept well during our long weekend since I needed to study for this test today. Even though I overslept, I tried to be here as soon as possible and even skipped breakfast because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter