THE INTERVIEW

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Han Lina?” One of the interviewers raised his eyebrow at you. There were 5 of them.

“That’s me.” You put your hand up. You notice him staring at you then to your resume.

You took a peek at him and saw his ID. ‘Luhan’ it says.

“You definitely prepared yourself for this day.” The girl beside Luhan slightly chuckled so you read her name. *Nam Jihyun. Even the name itself is ugly.* You mentally scoffed at her.

“I’m…..I’m sorry. I…I actually prepared early but when I got out of my room, my mom….my mom…” You started to fake a sniff. “…my mom passed out. I…I was so scared so I accompanied her to the hospital. When the doctor told me she’s okay, I rushed myself here that’s why I look like this.” You wiped your cheeks even though there wasn’t a tear.

“Good thing she’s okay.” The man on the middle mumbled.

“Thank you for your concern, Mr.—” You adjusted your head to get a better view of his name. “—Mr. Lay.”

“What made you apply for our company?” Lay asked.

“Because I saw from the posters that this company needed someone who’s dedicated, who can work diligently, can finish the task given on time and I believe I possess all that. Plus, it pays a higher starting salary than the others. My family needed it the most. I’m now the only breadwinner in our family.” You lied to earn their sympathy.

You can feel Tao’s stare beside you. You turn your head on your right to look at him while the interviewers were busy checking out your resume. “Lie.” You read his lips. You stuck your tongue out at him and looked straight.

“You actually came from a good school.” The interviewer on the farthest right complimented you. *Xiumin.*

“But this really bothers me.” Heo Gayoon, the woman beside Xiumin started to talk. “You’ve been in 6 companies before, I mean that’s good for experiences, but you always don’t last long. The longest one was for only 3 weeks and the shortest, 3 days. Why?” She tapped her pen.

*I shouldn’t have written that. Damn it.*

“Excuse me, did you hear me?” She looked at you and all of their eyes are fixed on you.

*It is because I tried to fire their CEO but ended up getting fired instead.* “It is because the work and I don’t click at all. I resigned thinking that I deserve something much better, something like Wufan Enterprises.”

“This will be hard. Since we are looking for committed interns, we don’t know if you fit in that category.” Lay shook his head. You then began hearing some chuckles beside you.

“Huang Zitao-ssi, what’s funny?” Jihyun asked him.

“N..Nothing. By the way, you look beautiful today. I can’t take my eyes off of you.” He winked at her. Jihyun blushed and secretly encircled the highest score on the paper. “You too, your outfit goes well on you. Well, with your beauty, every piece of clothing goes well on you.” He complimented Gayoon.

“Are you flirting with me right now? In this interview?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter