CONFIRM

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where is it?” Kai kept looking for some papers. “I know I just put it in here.” He thoroughly searches inside his bag. “I can’t lose that. Nobody can ever see that yet.”

He began searching for it on his desk but he still didn’t see it. *Maybe I left it at home.* But he doubted that. He was sure he put it inside his bag last night before he went to sleep.

He thinks hard about where he could have put it. Tapping his chin, he recalled what he did during the morning that maybe would tell him an answer.

That’s when it caught him. He remembered taking out a folder from his bag to give it to someone so he might also have given the papers to that person or it just slipped out from his bag.

He hurriedly went to the elevator and immediately went to Xiumin to ask if some other papers were included in the folder he gve to him but Xiumin shook his head. *Damn this! It definitely slipped out of my bag!*

He hurriedly went to the lobby to try to find it firsthand before someone does.

Walking in the lobby, as usual, you yawn still feeling sleepy and worn out about what happened last night till early morning. Thinking about how Kris hugged and comforted you made you smile. You really have to thank him for that.

Ahead of you, you can already see the elevator but then a pile of papers caught your eye on the corner. You picked it up and tried to look around to see if someone has dropped it but you didn’t manage to see anyone nearby.

You then scanned it, hoping to see a name or even just the department so you know where to give it back to but the things you’re seeing isn’t what you expected. Is the paper for real?

*No. It can’t be.* You tried to deny what’s written in it. There’s just no way it can be true.

At the same time, the lift opened and you quickly hid everything behind your back. “G…G…Good morning.” You greeted Kai.

“Oh, good morning.” He fixed himself and remained composed.

“Going somewhere?” You randomly asked.

“N…No. Just, I think I lost something.”

“W..What is that? I might have seen it or I may be of help.”

“Uuhhmm…. I dropped my….my ballpen!” He sheepishly scratched his head. “It’s my favorite pen so I really wanted to find it. It has my name on it.”

“Well I haven’t seen it on my way here. I’ll let you know if I found it.”

“O..Okay.” He nodded. The room was then filled with silence for a moment. “Aren’t you going in this lift?” Kai looked at you.

You held the papers tightly and wished that he won’t notice. “Actually, I think I wanted to walk up the stairs today. You know, it’s healthier, and fun, and exciting.” You faked a laugh.

“Really?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows at you.

“O..Of course!”

“I’ll accompany you then.” He was about to walk to you but you raised one of your hand in front of you to signal him to stop. “No!”

He then stared at you weirdly.

“Uhmm… I want to walk alone today… Can I?”

“Alright then it that’s what you want.” He went back inside the lift. “I’ll catch up with you later then. Lunch?”

“S…Sure.. Lunch..”

 

 

“Are you okay? You seemed to be thinking about something.” Sehun studied your face once you got home.

“Nothing. I’m not thinking of anything.”

“I know you Lina. Spill.”

“It’s not that important anyways so it’s better to just forget about it.” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter