LUNCH

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were getting pretty bored and sleepy at the meeting. You and your fellow interns were there to witness how meetings in the company are held.

You looked at Tao beside you and you both really have some things in common. While the other interns are busy taking down notes, you and Tao were just staring at blank place, yawning for a couple of times, crossed your arms and relax on your seats.

“I thought you don’t want to be fired why are you so lazy today?” Tao whispered.

“I have a weapon that can hold him from firing me for at least a few weeks.” You smiled.

“Weapon?” Tao raised his eyebrow. *Are they really close? Do they really know each other?* “Can I know what that is?”

You shook your head and put your index finger against your lips. “It’s a secret.”

“Come on, tell me.”

“No.”

“Give me a hint then.”

“Still no.”

Kris took a peek at you and found you whispering with Tao. “Hey, I don’t like noisy meetings.” He announced suddenly.

You and Tao instantly shut your mouths as everyone’s eyes are on the both of you. When everything went back to normal, both of you can’t help but to chuckle.

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Kris eyes the both of you again.

“It’s my fault. I’ll just step out of the room then.” Tao stated. He really wanted to go out of the boring place.

“Sit down.” Kris gave him a death glare. Tao immediately sat down straight. “Nobody likes his death glare. He’s really scary.” Tao whispered again to you.

You held your laughter in and sat up straight too.

“Want to grab some lunch together after this?” Tao slowly leaned closer to you.

“Sure. Your treat.”

“Call. But next time, it’s your treat.”

“Okay.”

Kris massaged his temples. *Those two are really alike. Both are troublemakers and noisy.*

“Are you okay sir?” His secretary asked him.

“I’m fine.”

 

 

“Han Lina-ssi right?” A guy stopped in front of you as soon as the meeting ends.

“Yes. Why?” You asked the guy. You remembered his face, it was Kim Jongin. It was kind of awkward since the first time you met each other, he just stared through your eyes for some seconds.

“I think you already know my name. Just call me Kai.” He offered his hand for a shake and you slowly took it.

Tao was just watching beside you, examining what his friend was doing.

“Do you want to have some lunch together? You know, just trying to know you more and maybe become friends. My treat.” Kai suddenly said.

“Excuse me but we’re going to eat lunch together.” Tao put his arm over your neck.

You scratched your head as you look at Kai then Tao. Well, Tao asked you first and you’re much more comfortable with him so you chose him. “Yeah, just like what he said.” You pointed at Tao.

“So, I was just rejected.” Kai nodded at himself.

“Well this Chinese guy asked me first so I think it is right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter