FOOD

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 7pm. Kris was tapping his fingers anxiously on his desk, waiting for someone to open the door. *My secretary went home already so just like last time, I know she’ll go in here to submit her report.*

But something’s bothering him. He looked at the take-out bento on his table. Thinking of maybe you still haven’t had your dinner, he called for a delivery but as soon as it arrives, he wanted to punch himself for caring about you. I mean for him, who are you? Well, probably he thinks that you’re hateful but him being a little bit concerned doesn’t amuse him.

*I’m crazy. I’m really crazy.*

He stood up and grabbed the food, he was about to throw it away but his conscience stopped him. It was kind of his fault too. He made a deal yesterday with you to not do those unimportant report stuffs but he was kind of angry a while ago and broke that deal.

“Hey, I’ve bought some food, you should eat.” *No. That’s too kind.* He started practicing.

“Ya, food.” *No, she might feel like I’m treating her like a dog.*

“Han Lina-ssi, you may have your dinner.” *Too formal.*

“Lina-ah! Eat this or I’ll eat it instead.” *We’re not that close. Aish.* Kris got irritated. “Why am I even practicing this?”

He then stormed out and went down to your office.

He took quiet, slow steps when nearing. He doesn’t like to disturb you much. He took a peek from the door and saw the light on your table is still on but he can’t seem to see you.

He took a step closer and saw your head on the table. You were sleeping. Your right hand was actually still holding on to the mouse of the computer. He looked at your computer screen, thinking that you might at least about to finish it but ‘Wu Yifan jerk. Wu Yifan stupid. Wu Yifan liar.’ is all on the monitor. He turned it off and was about to hiss when he find his face close to yours.

He can’t help but just stare and be mesmerized. Sure he has seen more beautiful people but there’s something about you that’s different. Or maybe, he feels that you are really different.

He puts the food on your desk and continued looking at you. Your bangs was somewhat blocking your eyes so he carefully brushes it off to the side. He just noticed now that you really have long eyelashes. He gulped as he looked down to your lips. He doesn’t know why but he felt his heart beat a loud one again. He stood straight and fixed himself. *What am I doing?* He scratched his head and walked away.

Your eyes started twitching and that woke you up. You rubbed your eyes before looking at the clock. *8pm?!*

You had a mini heart attack as you turn the pages, wondering where you last stopped. Your eye then caught something. “Oh, food?” You grabbed it and opened it. You look around, thinking if it was really yours because you never delivered anything before you fell asleep.

“Is this for me?” You stood up and went out to the hallways because maybe the one who left it might have just put it there seconds ago. You retreated back when you found no one.

You sat back on your chair and stared at the food for a min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter