WHY?

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You watched Kris give out orders inside the lobby. You don’t actually know if you’ll be thankful or not that he’s busy because he didn’t seem to talk to you about personal matters for a while now. *You should be thankful, Han Lina.* You agreed to think of it as that.

“Everything’s ready?” Kris asked everyone one more time.

“Ready.” They all nodded and the day then started.

You help usher the guests to their rooms and made sure everything will be utmost comfortable to them.

Everything’s seemed to be working well but it’s too soon to say of something will go wrong. But looking around, you can say that today will be a success. Everything’s in order and everyone is prepared. *Nothing could go wrong, right?*

It was the middle of the day and you were anxiously tapping your fingers on your desk. Something just doesn’t feel right about today. You can’t pinpoint it out and it really drives you crazy.

“Hey.” Tao noticed you and held your hand to stop your fingers from tapping. “What are you thinking? It’s going to be alright.” He assured you.

“Thank you.” You smiled.

Your phone then started ringing but when you looked at the caller ID, it was an unknown number.

“H..Hello?”

“Yes, hello. Is this Han Lina I’m speaking with?”

“Yes. I’m Han Lina.”

“Oh…..” *Should….Should I really tell her? But her dad told me not to..*

“Hello? Who is this? Is there anything you want to say to me?”

“Okay. I’m telling you this because you are his daughter. Your dad…”

“D..Dad? My dad?”

“He…He got into an accident.”

“Accident?! Where is he right now?!”

“He’s…He’s in Seoul Hospital—”

Without even letting finish the person on the other line, you quickly hanged up and ran.

Sure your dad isn’t the nicest person or a father that you wanted him to be but he’s still your father. Without him, there won’t be you. Like the others say ‘Forgive but never Forget’. You still don’t know if you’ve forgiven him but surely, you won’t forget everything that he did.

Today’s not yet the time for him to die. You still have a lot of questions. You still have to hear him say sorry once more. You still have to caught up with him and maybe, he already changer for the better and maybe, he’ll be again a father you’re longing for.

“Where are you going?! Lina!” Tao tried to follow you.

“I’ll be okay! Just stay right here and help the others! Something important came up!”

 

 

Arriving at the hospital, you immediately went to the counter and asked the room he’s in.

*Please just let it be a slight accident.* You prayed before opening the door.

But the sight you got to see wasn’t very pleasing at all.

“I thought maybe you’ve changed.” You said before walking away.

Your dad quickly shooed the nurse away and followed you. “Lina!” He stopped you and turned you around. “Look, we’re doing nothing! I’m…I’m…”

“Yeah right.” You rolled your eyes but still, you notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter