MOVING IN

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai run his fingers across his lower lip, deep in thoughts. He has a hunch that it was you who picked up the papers. Though he didn’t saw it close, he saw you holding some papers behind your back yesterday. You were shaking and you seem out of focus. When you also went away from his house this morning, you were still bothered but he didn’t dare ask why.

*Should I talk to her about it?*

He got up, ready to go to your office to finally ask you about it but he stopped just a few seconds before opening his office door. *No, that’s not a good idea.* He shook his head and went back to his seat.

“Okay, observe her further first. I have to make sure it is her who got it.” He nodded and agreed to himself and sips on his morning coffee before doing his work for the day.

 

 

“Ooooh! For the first time, she’s late!” Tao happily greeted you as soon as you sit down on your desk. You didn’t respond as you were still preoccupied with something. Tao studied your expression and he was sure you aren’t in a good mood. He wanted to ask why but figured out that you might not want to talk about it.

He started singing some happy tunes, hoping it will make you laugh but you didn’t even flinch.

“Don’t frown too much you look prettier when you smile.” Tao tugged the corner of your lips upward. You just blinked your eyes at him. “Come on, you have a handsome man in front of you so you should be happy!” He winked at you and that made you smile a little.

“That’s it! Smile some more! I know you want to!” He kept cheering you on and that effort of him made you really happy inside.

“Hey.” You called out to him.

“Yes?” His eyes twinkled at you.

“You’re my friend right?”

“Of course!” He saluted. “I’m always here at your service!”

“Then, can you get me a hot coffee with ice?”

“I think I have to finish something..” He then pretended to open a folder and type on his computer.

“Pshh..” You rolled your eyes.

“I was just joking. You look so cute when you roll your eyes!” He patted your head, pinched your cheek and stood up. “Would you also like some sandwich?”

“No thanks, I’m good. Just hot coffee with ice.”

“Okay!”

 

 

Kris helped you with your luggage and put it inside his room. It was your first stepping inside his house. It was more spacious than your apartment and cleaner. You were not that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter