MY DAY

Hey Mr. CEO, Can I Fire You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Beep. Beep. Beep.* Went your alarm clock.

You started shifting your body as you slowly adjusted your sight. You turned off the alarm clock, sat up, and stretch your arms. *Today’s the interview!*

You excitedly stood up and hummed your way to the bathroom and took your morning shower.

You puckered your lips and put on some lip gloss before checking out your reflection. *Perfect!* You wink at the mirror.

A cup of hot coffee with ice, yes ice, and a straw can make your morning much better. “Ah, that’s nice.” You smiled.

You grabbed your car keys but then as you saw the clear weather outside, you really think that the day favors you. The clock reads 8 and you still have an hour. “I’ll just take the bus then. It is only three stops away.”

Walking down the street, people smiling as they pass by you, the cool wind breezing against your skin, the warm sun that lights up the day, could this get any better?

It took a good 10 minutes of strolling before you reached the bus stop. “I love this day~ I know that this day is for me~” You sang as you looked at the blue sky above.

You then bumped onto someone. “Hey watch it you— AH!” You squealed at the sight in front of you. The line at the bus stop is this looooooooooooooooooooooooong.

“This can’t be happening, this is my day! I can’t be late!” You really thought about going back to your house to get your car keys and just drive yourself but your feet won’t leave the line. What if the next bus is empty and can take all the passengers from this bus stop? The next bus is only 3 minutes away so you decided to wait.

“Come on, come on, move.” You whispered as the line grew smaller. You were about to step on it when the doors closed. “Ahjussi! Open the door!” You banged but the bus went away. It was already full.

“No…No…No!” You started panicking. People stared at you but the hell do you care. “Calm down Lina, calm down. You just have to wait 5 minutes more for the next bus. The bus ride will only be 10 minutes, then another walk for 5 minutes.” You then started calculating it.

*10…13…18…28…33. 60 less 33 is 27.*

“I will reach my destination with 27 minutes still left before the interview starts. That doesn’t sound bad at all.” You nodded at yourself.

The bus came within no time and you happily jump on it and took the last seat available while the others now have to stand up. *I’m still lucky.*

There was slight traffic that literally annoyed you. It added 5 minutes of your time. Good thing you have 12 minutes left. “12 minutes?!”

You started walking fast. *Damn it!*

Just then a car passed by you. The guy on the back seat opened his window and without even looking, he threw his coffee latte that’s still full. He took a small sip but it was too bitter for his taste. He doesn’t really care if someone would be hit by his litter.

You stopped from walking. Your hands curled into a fist. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter