Decoding the Message

The Badass Meets Miss Popular

After spending the next hour in the cafe and secretly watching the six other agents, Taeyeon, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Yoona decided it was time to head home. Besides, nothing interesting was happening at all. 

"Well that was a waste of time." Jessica said as soon as they walked out the doors of the cafe. Taeyeon and Hyoeyon nodded in agreement. 

"No it wasn't, unnie. We found out some information." The maknae stated. 

Jessica raised a brow. "Oh really? And what kind of info did we even find? That they like to drink tea and coffee?" 

"...Well now that I think about it, I don't think we found anything." 

Hyoyeon spoke slowly to make her point clear and intimidating, "So are you saying that we wasted a whole hour just pointlessly watching them?" 

Yoona gulped and backed away slowly to avoid any hit that Hyoyeon might do. Once at a safe distance, she just nodded with a sheepish smile on her face. Her three unnies facepalmed. 

"Again, why did the three of us even agree with Yoona. We all know she comes up with the craziest ideas that don't even work a majority of the time." Taeyeon spoke with a hint of annoyance in her voice, mostly because she couldn't spend the day with Sunny (although she would still have to wait for Sunny to finish her work, but not that she minded, as long as she was with her). 

"Because you love me unnie." Yoona said with an aegyo causing the eldest to groan. 

"Stop with your aegyo, it doesn't suit you." 

"Be real, unnie. You know you can't say no to me, because you love me so much." She continued with her aegyo filled voice. 

Taeyeon was quick to raise her hand, but missed her target as Yoona swiftly avoided the slap that was coming to her with a teasing smile that never left her face.

"I really hope that you don't rub off on Yuri, she is still the normal one in your relationship. You know that, right?" 

The maknae ignored her, and continued skipping ahead of her three unnies. 

"I think she finally lost it..." Hyoyeon muttered as she watch the doe eyed girl skipping without a care in the world. 

"Possibly." Jessica agreed, a slight smile appearing on her face.

"Do you think it's 'cause of Yuri?" Taeyeon asked. The two nodded.

"It's a possibility, but it's nice seeing her truly happy for a change unlike the past." Jessica recounted.

Long before the four of them became the best friends, Yoona had been abandoned by her birth parents and left at an orphanage at the age of 6. Luckily for her, she had adopted parents that took her in, but because she was adandoned, it caused her to cautious of trusting anyone to avoid the pain of separation if the time comes. However, after meeting her three unnies (who tried very hard to get her to let them in her life), she slowly opened up and began to be herself again but of course not fully. It wasn't until she met Yuri, that her smiles had began to become much more brighter than before.

Hyoyeon sighed thinking of their past. Of course, it wasn't the greatest, but they managed to grow from it and get where they are now. "That is true." 

Taeyeon nodded with a small smile on her face as the three of them watched their dongsaeng. "Everything is in its place." 

--------------------

"Yah, look." Wendy pointed out the empty seats. "They left." 

The five other girls turned to look and sure enough, the four girls were gone. 

The six girls had been purposely staying inside the cafe just to make sure no one would follow them. Although it is a coincidence (or so they think) that the four girls were in the safe cafe as them, they didn't want to risk the chance of being stalked. 

"I still think that they are no threat to us at all." Yeri spoke. 

"Its just to be safe, Yeri-ah." Irene said as she gave the maknae a pat on the back.

"If you say so, unnie."

"Should we leave now?" Seulgi asked as she stood up from her chair, both her hands up above her head in an attempt to stretch.

"In five minutes." Irene answered back as she motioned for the younger girl to sit.

"Come on, unnie," Seulgi whined with a bit of aegyo. "They're already gone." 

"Fine, fine. Let's go then." The eldest proceeded to stand up. 

Seulgi fist-pumped in her head. "Yes! I can't believe my whining actually worked this time!" 

"I can't believe that actually worked." Wendy whispered to her as the six of them were getting ready to leave. 

"I know right?" She answered back in a whisper. "She usually glares at me until I follow her instructions, I think something's wrong..." 

"Huh?" 

"I think someone kidnapped Irene unnie and is holding her captive. The Irene that's in front of us right now is actually a robot that someone created in order to get more information and take us down." 

Wendy paused and looked at her friend with an incredulous look. "Are you serious?" 

"I mean, why else did she agree so quickly without a fight!" Unknowingly, she ended up raising her voice causing the customers and a few of the workers to look at her. "Sorry!" She gave a bow before she quickly got out of the cafe. 

"You know, with that creative imagination of yours, I feel like you can write a novel." Wendy said when she finally walked out of the cafe. 

"Yah, it might be true." 

"There is not enough evidence for your claim." 

"You don't know that." 

"What are you two bickering about now?" Seohyun asked as she heard both their voices starting to become louder. 

"Nothing unnie..." Seulgi said with a sheepish smile. Wendy rolled her eyes. 

"Actually, she was talking about how Irene unn-" A hand immediately came and covered to avoid saying anything else. Seulgi let out a nervous laugh.

"She's just talking nonsense Seohyun unnie, don't mind her." 

Seohyun raised an eyebrow, but chose to dismiss the way Seulgi was acting. She could confront her about it another time. "If you say so, Seulgi-ah. If there's a problem, you can always talk to me." 

Seulgi nodded and watched as Seohyun walked ahead catching up with Irene, Yeri, and Joy. She let out a long sigh once they were out of hearing range, but it didn't last long as she immediately glared at her companion who was teasingly smiling at her. 

"What did I ever do to get stuck in the same team as you." Seulgi mumbled to herself, which Wendy managed to hear. 

"That's the same thing I said when the boss called me in his office and I saw you." 

Seulgi raised her hands in the air before letting them back down. "I give up." She picked up her pace to get as far away as she can from Wendy. 

The girl that was left behind smiled to herself, before she picked up the pace in order to not be left behind.


As soon as the six girls arrived in their cozy home, Yeri quickly headed towards her precious laptop to analyze the random dashes, slashes, and periods written on the piece of paper inside the envelope. While she was busy doing that, her unnies settled in the living room. She started up a system and began to run the paper in. Now all they had to do was wait until the computer finished decoding the random symbols.

"This might take a while." Yeri announced as she stood up from her chair and walked over to the kitchen to get herself some snack. 

"You got it?" Joy asked as she lounged on the couch with her phone in her hands, scrolling through a bunch of pictures of random people she had never met. 

"Yea, I found the right system to decode it. It shouldn't take long at all since it wasn't that much written." The maknae answered as she entered the living room before taking a bite out of her ice cream. 

"Nice job, Yeri-ah!" Irene said with a smile while giving her a thumbs up, while Seohyun gave her a smile. 

"Can you get me an ice cream, Yeri-ah?" Joy asked, feeling a bit hungry herself.

"Sure, unnie. What do flavor do you want?" 

"Do we still have strawberry ice cream or did Wendy unnie finish it all?" 

"Did someone say my name?" The said girl said as she took out an earphone, confusion written on her face. 

"Nothing that concerns you, unnie." Joy replied back. Wendy shrugged to herself before she put her earphone back and got lost in her music.

Yeri laughed, "Yea, Wendy unnie did finish it. But we still have vanila and mint chocolate if you want." 

"I'll have the vanila then, thanks Yeri-ah." 

As soon as she returned from the kitchen, with Joy's ice cream, her laptop started beeping, signalling that the decoding process has finished. Everyone (except Wendy and Seulgi who were lost in their own world) looked startled at the sudden beeping noise.

"Omo!" Yeri said as she quickly handed Joy her ice cream and headed to her laptop. After clicking a few things, the decoded message appeared on the screen. "Unnies, it's finished."

Seohyun and Irene stood up and nudged Wendy and Seulgi, to gain their attention. They stared at the two unnies with a questioning look.

"Yeri's got the paper decoded, you two might want to read it." Seohyun simply said before she motioned for the two dongsaengs to follow her and Irene. 

The five girls gathered around the youngest and read the clue.

 

Near the edge of this city, warehouse.

Next clue, don't be afraid, it's lurking.

Hidden, no escape. 

Good luck.

GNHJ

 

The six girls looked blankly at the screen. Now that they decoded the message, it gave each one of them chills thinking about the area of where their next clue would be located out. 

"...So our next clue is at a warehouse that's located near the edge of this city, and on top of that it's hidden somewhere within that area." Irene spoke, breaking the silence.

"'Next clue, don't be afrad, it's lurking. Hidden, no escape.'" Wendy read out loud, before she felt a chill go up her spine. "We definitely need to be way more cautious getting this next clue. I don't like the way they wrote out our puzzle..." 

"Same." Joy agreed. 

"Let's bring our weapons with us, I have a feeling we won't be alone in that warehouse." Seohyun spoke.

Everyone excluding Seohyun nodded in agreement. They couldn't afford to make mistakes this time around or else they would end up like a few of the other agents that got caught in Gyuri's madness. The six girls certainly did not want to die this early. 


A/N: Wow, two updates in one month! I felt, kind of bad that you guys get one update per month from me, so I'm gonna try with two updates per month. Plus, since I have a break coming up soon, I think you guys can expect another update within a week or two. 

Well, that's all the news I wanted to tell you guys. I'll see you guys in the next update!

To all my subscribers, silent readers, and anyone else supporting this story, thank you so much!!! Wolfey signing out *peace*