"Game" One

The Badass Meets Miss Popular

"Wait, why are they running?" Yoona asked to no one in particular as she and her three unnies watched the six girls sprinting as fast as they could away from the science building. 

Taeyeon, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Yoona were currently crouching behind a huge green bush just a few feet away from where the building stands. If you looked closely enough, you could see the four girl's head sticking above the bush. Yoona had somehow managed to convince her three unnies to hide behind the bush with her, making the unnies groan in dissatisfaction and wonder why they were stuck with such a weird maknae. Yoona also convince their girlfriends to head on home while they spied on the six other agents. 

"Can anyone of you tell me again why I actually agreed doing this?" Jessica spoke, as she crouched back down to the ground along with Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and finally Yoona. "I could've spent this time doing something else, like cuddling with Tiff..." The blonde haired gir pouted, imagining herself and Tiffany cuddling on their bed back at home.

"It's because you love me unnie." The maknae said proudly with a big smile on her face. Jessica narrowed her eyes. "Oh come on, Sica unnie. You know you love me, stop denying it." The second eldest rolled her eyes at the response. 

Taeyeon nodded her head, agreeing with the blonde haired girl. "Aish, Sica is right. I could've been having fun with my Sunny Bunny." 

"And I could be sitting next to Sooyoung eating and talking about anything." Hyoyeon added. 

"Don't worry unnies, we will have time to do that after this." Yoona spoke nervously, hoping that her unnies wouldn't gang up on her. 

Hyoyeon sighed. "Alright, let's just get this over with. What is our next plan after this?"

"We follow them." The youngest spoke while nodding her head as if she was agreeing with her own plan. 

"If you wanted to follow them, Yoong, we should've done so a long time ago. They are probably way gone by now." Jessica said while crossing her arms. 

"Well, I thought of that so I managed to plant a tracking device inside the um, yellow haired girl's pant pocket. I wonder what her name is." 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? And how did you manage to do that?" 

"By being sneaky." Yoona gave a big grin. 

 

Flashback to 2 hours ago

 

The four secret agents were heading to their English class when Yoona spotted the six supposed-to-be undercover agents that Boa hired. The dark brown haired girl reached into her pocket and felt the tracking device. She kept her eye on them as Taeyeon stopped to get something from her locker.

The maknae then took out the tracking device out of her pocket. The device was hardly visible to the eye, which is one reason why Yoona really liked using this for certain missions. After repeatedly using this type of tracking devices on missions, she could easily spot and tell whether or not a tracking device was planted on her or her team members.

Yoona closed her hand, forming a fist, effectively hiding the very tiny device. She looked up and said, "I'll be back, Hyo unnie." 

Hyoyeon gave her a confused look but shrugged it off thinking that Yoona would be going to the bathroom or something of the sort. The older girl nodded her head, acknowledging what the younger girl said. 

After getting the aproval, Yoona walked slowly towards the six girls that were still rooted to their spots. 

"Good, they didn't leave." Yoona thought inside her head as she slowly approached them. Imgane how frustrating it must be to have your target disappear on you. 

In order to avoid suspicion, Yoona decided to pass them from behind. Getting close enough, Yoona quickly slid the tracking device into the back pocket of Seulgi's pants without her or her friends knowing.

"Hm, it seems like they were too busy discussing something that they didn't even notice me." Yoona shrugged to herself. "Well, at least it was easy!" She thought before doing a victory fist-pump inside her head.

After doing what she intented to do, she quickly headed back to her unnies who happened to be waiting for her. 

"What did you?" Taeyeon asked as soon as Yoona returned.

"Oh, I just needed to do something real quick." 

 

End Flashback

 

Hyoyeon was the first one to speak. "So that was what you were doing." 

Yoona nodded and puffed our her chest in a proud way. "Yup, I'm always one step ahead." 

"I wouldn't say always." Jessica said with an amused look on her face. "I mean, remember that one time..." 

Before Jessica could finish her words, the maknae's hand was already covering . 

Yoona gave a nervous laugh. "Ok ok, not always, but most of the time." She said quickly. 

Jessica laughed, seeing her dongsaeng so nervous. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were at the two girls in front of them wondering what the hell was going on. 

"Do you know what they're talking about?" The eldest asked Hyoyeon who in turn gave her a shrug. 

"Seems like Yoona did something embarassing a long time ago." Hyoyeon spoke as she looked a laughing Jessica and a nervous looking Yoona. 

"Anyway..." Yoona cleared to stop her Jessica unnie from laughing any further. "We should go and check up on the six girls." 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon looked at each other and shrugged, seems like they would have to pry out the details from Jessica later. 

The four girls stood up from their spots from behind the bush and were greeted with a weird look from a teacher who happened to pass by. Seeing four girls emerging from behind a bush wasn't normal. 

The agents looked at the teacher before looking at each other and shrugging. They walked out and proceeded to head to the gate ignoring the confused teacher.

The teacher sighed as he watched the four girls who were just currently hiding behind a bush, walking out the side gate. "This is by far the weirdest school I've worked at." He shook his head before heading inside the building.

-----------------------

The six girls finally caught their breaths when they reached a well known cafe in the middle of the city. They quickly entered the place and taking a seat far away from where the other customers were sitting at. They didn't mind the people who were lookly at them weirdly, all six of them were just glad that the thing wasn't chasing them. 

"What just happened?" Yeri breathed out, being the first to recover her breath. She placed the newly acquired envelope on the table in front of her.

"That was certainly not what I was expecting." Irene added, after her breathing stablized. 

"I don't think any one of us expected that. I mean, I was expecting some sort of y trap not a creepy looking monster!" Seulgi exclaimed. 

All of them shivered, remembering the monster at the rooftop. 

"Never again..." Joy said. 

"Well... we still have to get recruited before it ends." Seohyun spoke up, causing Joy to groan in displeasure at how they have to continue to deal with creepy looking beings. "And besides, I think even after we get recruited we would still be surrounded by these monsters." 

"Oh hell no." Seulgi said not liking that fact. "There is no way I can stay in a room with whatever kind of monster Gyuri or her other members created." 

"We don't have a choice." Wendy finally spoke. "Might as well get used to it now." 

"But-" Seulgi was about to retort but Wendy's hand covered to prevent her from speaking. 

"Shhh...." 

"Ok, that just happened." Joy said with a small smile, quite amused by her two unnies. 

"Anyway... let's just see what is inside the envelope." Seohyun spoke with Irene nodding in agreement. 

Yeri, who was the one who got the envelope at the rooftop, got the honor of opening the next envelope. Quickly opening the red colored envelope, Yeri took out a folded piece of paper from the inside but frowned when she saw that no words were present, just some random symbols that made no sense to her. This was certainly not what she was expecting. 

The letter consisted of dashes, dots, and slashes, all arranged accordingly to convey a hidden message that would lead them to their next clue. 

"What's wrong?" Irene asked as soon as she saw the small frown appear on the youngest's face. 

"Well, it's only our first clue, but it's already difficult." The maknae said as she turned the paper around to show the random symbols. 

The six girls were dumbfounded looking at the piece of paper. They were expecting some sort of riddle with words written, not symbols! 

"Ugh, my head already hurts looking at it." Seulgi complained after staring at the symbols for a minute. 

"How did you even get into this team?" Wendy asked Seulgi who shoved her in return.

"Just shut up." 

Seohyun shook her head at her two dongsaengs, but otherwise continued analyzing the piece of paper Yeri was holding. "It doesn't seem all too random, it looks like they have some sort of pattern." She spoke gathering the attention of her teammates. 

"How so?" Irene asked, not seeing what Seohyun was talking about. 

Seohyun signalled Yeri to place the paper on the table."You see these slashes?" The second eldest asked as she pointed it out on the paper. She looked up and saw Irene and the other girls nod. "Well, I think it's supposed to signal the end of something. The dashes and dots in between the slashes must be some sort of coding system." 

Joy gaped at her unnie. "You found this all out just by looking at the paper?" 

Seohyun nodded. "This actually isn't the first time I've saw something like this. I remember seeing one a long time ago when I was still training." 

Wendy, Seulgi, and Joy had their mouths open in surprised. They were especially lucky to have Seohyun on their team, otherwise they wouldn't have this much progress on figuring out what the slashes, dashes, and dots were.

"Wah, you're really smart unnie." Wendy exclaimed causing Seohyun to chuckle.

"No, I just happened to recognize the symbols." Seohyun, being humble, said.

"But still, unnie."

"At least we managed to figure out the code somewhat." Irene said nodding her head at the progress that they made so far.

"I'll run this through my computer and see what kind of things will pop up." Yeri spoke as she turned the piece of paper towards her, looking at the symbols once more. "I think I might have a program that can decode this, but I'm not too sure."   

"Take the time you need Yeri-ah. I don't think there is a time limit." Irene responded. 

----------------------------------------

Hyoyeon, Jessica, and Taeyeon ended up following their dongsaeng around the city despite wanting to go home and rest. Along the way, they bought themselves some snacks (mostly for Yoona) as they hadn't ate lunch. 

"Ok, this is were they are." Yoona said after she finished swallowing her cupcake. She turned around looking at her three unnies who were sluggishly walking towards her. "Come on, unnies!" 

"We're here, we're here." Hyoyeon spoke as they finally reached the doe eyed girl who was standing in front of the cafe.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "This is where they are? In a cafe? I would've expected them to be in their house or something." 

"Me too." Jessica agreed with Taeyeon. 

Yoona shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, it says they are here." 

"Let's just get this over with..." The blonde haired girl said as she entered the cafe with the three other girls trailing behind her. 

Jessica's eyes quickly scanned the room and immediately found their targets. "They're at that corner," she said with her head titled to the right. 

"Alright, let's go." Yoona said excitedly. The three girls looked at each other with a questioning look as to why Yoona was so excited over this. They ended up shrugging and following the younger girl to a table just a few feet away from where the six other agents were at. 

Jessica and Hyoyeon ended up sitting next to the window with Taeyeon next to Jessica and Yoona next to Hyoyeon. Just as the four girls settled down, Jessica felt her phone vibrate against her leg. Taking out her iPhone 6s, she swiped the screen to unlock her phone and a small smile appeared on her face. 

 

From: Tiff-baby 

Jessi! When are you coming back, I miss you! 

 

After quickly typing up a response, she put her phone back in her pocket. 

"Did Tiffany text you?" Hyoyeon asked after seeing the smile on the ice princess's face. 

"Was it that obvious?" The blonde asked back with a smile.

"Hell yea." 

"Aw, why isn't my Sunny Bunny texting me?" Taeyeon asked to no one in particular. "I miss her...Does she miss me too?" 

"She's probably just finishing up her assignments, Tae." Jessica said with a small pat on the smaller girl's back. 

Taeyeon pouted. "Then she should finish up soon so she can text me." 

"That reminds me, Sooyoungie should be done eating her after school snack by now..." Hyoyeon said to herself. 

Hearing her unnies, Yoona thought about Yuri. "I wonder what she's doing now... Ok, why did I even come up with this idea in the first place?" The doe eyed girl mentally faced palm herself. Now she's missing her baby boo. 

While the four girls were busy thinking about their girlfriends, they didn't notice that the one of the six girls they were spying on had seen them. 

"Hey, aren't they the four girls that are a bit strange?" Joy pointed out as she caught sight of a girl with blonde hair.

"Who?" Irene asked as she turned around in her seat to see what Joy was talking about. Wendy, Seulgi, Yeri, and Seohyun also looked around the cafe to find the four girls.

"Ok, do you see the girl over there, two tables away, with the bright blonde hair?" 

"Oh, them." Irene responded as she caught sight on who Joy was talking about. She turned back around to, facing the table. "I didn't think they'd be here." 

"Maybe it's just a weird coincidence." Wendy said with a shrug. "I mean, they haven't done anything wrong..." 

"I guess, but they are kind of weird." 

"Let's just focus on the main task at hand, we can worry about them later." Seohyun spoke dismissing the four other girls. 

The five other girls nodded, "Alright." 


A/N: Surprise update (?) from your author :D. Ok so I normally don't post a chapter until the end of the month, but since it's my birthday today (Nov. 3) I wanted to give you guys this chapter! I don't really have much to say other than I'm busy with tests and quizes this whole week -.-" but as always, I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

To all my subscribers, silent readers, and anyone else supporting my story, thank you so much!!!! Wolfey signing out *peace*