vii

Keep Shining My Star

 


I stared at my watch, it's pass ten pm. I felt my phone is vibrating for the nth time.
This means my Mom actually realized that I wasn't in my room. I rushed to Euna and left the man who named Kim Woobin. I don't even care about the greedy man or the autograph. 
I only think how dead I am when I get back at home. Surely, Mom will punish me hard. 


"Choi Euna! I'm going home now." I shouted a bit because the loud music is being such an . "Mom found out about this farewell party." 

 

Euna held my hand and we get out of the place. My eyes are getting heavier because the drinks I sipped really affected me and I'm not really into loud music. 


"Shinhye, you want me to get you home?" She asked. "It's late and I think it's dangerous." 


I laughed at her. "C'mon Euna, I'm not a child anymore."


"I know that, I'm just kidding. And I can't drive, I'm so tipsy right now." She laughed harder. "So, tomorrow is your big big day." She smiled at me. "Good luck." 


I hugged her instead. "Thanks, Euna. Thanks for being there." 


She tapped my shoulder. "You should get going, Shinhye. I can imagine your Mom's laser eyes already." 

 

"Thanks, Choi Euna." 


I stared at my wrist watch again and let a deep sigh that smelled like a rotted bush, thanks to the alcohol. I walk until the waiting area for the taxi. 
I look above and saw summer stars like diamonds flashed. I would dare to count of all these but I'm afraid that it will take me forever. And maybe I could count double, thanks again to the alcohol. 
I let out a small giggle, which totally made me like a crazy one. 

I slowly raised my right hand and starts to feel the stars. I wish I can touch them like I use to dream back then. 
I wish these stars will let me experience how it feels to be around them, like I use to think until now.


***

 

"Hey Yonghwa! You're going out now?!" Jungshin shouted at him. "Not yet dawn."

 

He was on his seventh tall glass of beer, he drunk it again all at once. "I still have something to do." He said. 


"Do you have a driver?" 


"I'm not a kid." He said coldly as he walk towards the main door. "I had fun. Let's meet tomorrow." He waved his hand. 

 


As he walk to the place where he parked his car, he suffer from little dizziness because of the beer mixed with something hard. He always liked mixing drinks, even it is prohibited to the athletes like him. But he doesn't care now. Tomorrow will be more difficult. 
Finally he reached his car, he leaned on the door and look up to the sky.

"Stars are getting so much exposure when summer comes." He whispered. He raise his hand and try to capture as much stars he can get, in his imagination. He closed his eyes. 

 

"Yonghwa!" Someone shouted. It is Woobin. "What are you doing?" 

 

He didn't respond. 

 

"Here, a present from me." Woobin gave him the paper. "Not really a gift, maybe you think of that as a trash."


Yonghwa reached the paper automatically without saying a word. 


"When I saw the one who wrote that, I really saw yourself in hers." Woobin tapped his shoulder. 

 

His hand went to his jacket's pocket and put the paper on. Without taking a glance on the thing written. "See you. I'm going home now." He opened his car's door and tried to start the engine, without making a fuss. 

 

 

 


"Where the hell is Jung Yonghwa?!" Jonghyun shouted. 


"Chill, Jong. He's out. Went home." Woobin said as he approach the team. 


Jonghyun crashed the bottles on alcohol on the floor. "He mixed these drinks to the beer he was drinking at whole time."

 

Woobin examined the contents on the broken glasses. "Why you didn't knew this beforehand? God damn it, he's driving a car!" He shouted and reached his phone. 

", he's not answering." He blurted. 

 

"I didn't know he's been drinking hard." Minhyuk sighed. 


"I'm going to follow him." Woobin tried to snatch some keys to drive one of the cars. 


"You're also drunk, Kim Woobin. The whole nation will chew us all if they knew we are into scandals. We're off to Japan tomorrow morning." Assistant Coach Bang said. "Don't worry about Yonghwa, he will not let himself hurt like that." 


Woobin stayed on the couch but still contacting Yonghwa. 

 

***


"Miss, it's okay just sit on the back." The old taxi driver said to me.


I smiled. "No, I want to sit here." I love seating at the passenger seat every time.  I really have that notion. 

 


"Miss, my daughter who is only eight years old loves you so much. You are Park Shinhye right?" The driver humbly said. "My daughter wants me to strive hard on being a taxi driver so I can apply her for ballet classes this summer." He sighed. 

 

"Really? Send my regards to your daughter. I hope she'll be a ballerina like me in the future." I gladly said. 

 

 

 

Yonghwa riding his car so much. His head is like exploding and he can heard other things just the loud music coming from his speakers. He doesn't care if his being reckless because it's really late and expecting a car on this way is totally ridiculous. 

 

 

"So a while ago I didn't want you to sit on the passenger because I might do something that will cause your feet to get an injury. My daughter said you'll be going to London tomorrow." The old man laughed. "My daughter is not a stalker, okay? She just love you." 

 


"Those love coming from the people I didn't know gives me more urge to be a better ballerina. Say thank to your daughter." My voice suddenly stopped and pointed out at the car lights that getting nearer and nearer. "What's that??!"

 

 

The taxi driver wasn't aware about the lights at first. "Whats wrong with that person." He blurted. He stopped the taxi and tried to move sideways. 

 

 

Yonghwa wasn't aware that a car was approaching. He was all drunk and didn't know what's happening. 

 

 

 

 

Loud crash and high expectancy of damage are easily depicted. 


"Miss.. Miss.. Are you okay?" The old man shouted at me.

 

I slowly move my head and held the seatbelt. Thank God I'm still alive. I'm breathing. I looked at front and clearly saw the messy fog and the other car. There's a guy with so much blood on his head, he's not moving.

 


He's not moving, so I attempted to get out of the taxi so I can check him. 


I can't move my legs.
I can't move my both feet, they were stuck on some hard metals. I begin to moan loudly. I bit my lips and started to panic.


"I can't feel my legs! What's happening to me?" I shouted. "Oh Lord, what's happening?!" I cupped my face as my tears started to fall. I gathered all my strength to raised my feet so I can feel my legs on this position.
Blood streaked on my blouse,  I felt a pain I didn't experience before. 


"Please help me.." I cried.