l

Keep Shining My Star

 

"Little Ter, what are you doing up there?" Yonghwa smiled handsomely as he is trying to reach Rhea Mae that slide her little body on the attic. "It's dusty up there." He knocked once again.


"I'm on some hunting, Big Snow!" The kid shouted. "Don't bother me!"


Yonghwa curled up a smile. "Don't ruin so much things there, Lil Ter."


"Gotcha!" Rhea Mae shouted. "Big Snow! I found a gold!" She opened the wooden door and run to Yonghwa. "Here, I found a gold for you.." She grinned.


Yonghwa stared at the box, it looked dusty, as he remember the bleachers last two winter. "How did you find this?" He tapped on Rhea Mae's head. "Did you know that I keep searching for this for long time?"


The kid strolled circles on him. "I saw the word Ter and I know that's a gold."


"Good job, Little Ter." He smiled.

"Big Snow!" She pulled his T-shirt. "Why do you keep calling me Ter?"


He smiled at the kid. "Do you want an ice cream?"


Rhea automatically forgot his question. "I want cookies and cream!"

 

 

 

"Who said you two are going for an ice cream?" A woman said from their behind.


"Mama!" Rhea Mae shouted.

"Mom.." Yonghwa smiled as he grabbed the paper bags.


Norie kissed the two of them. "How's your training, Yong?"

"Getting better."


She nodded and smiled.
It's been the second year being the Mom of Yonghwa. It's been the second year being on his son's arms. She revealed everything about him, after he and Shinhye separated ways. They have been living in London for two years. Norie didn't said anything to Shinhye about it, because as always, Norie knew that it is the best for Shinhye to know everything to her Mom. "Good."


"Look Mama! I found Big Snow's gold!" The kid yelled, Rhea Mae - Norie adapted her when she came back in London two years ago.

"Gold?" Norie stared at Yonghwa.

"Yes, Mama!"

 

Norie gave a pound on Rhea Mae. "Go Rhea, grab some ice cream with Peter June." She smiled.

"Yay!" Rhea Mae screamed. "I'm going to treat him so I can like him freely from now on." She laughed.

 

 

Yonghwa is fixing the thing Norie bought for the three of them.

 

"Yonghwa.." Norie helped him.

"Hmm?"

"It's been two years."

He nodded.

"Don't you think its time?" She held Yonghwa's hand. "You are completely healed now, your body, your heart."

"Everything's perfect." He whispered.

"Then why don't you go back?"


"What about Dad? Why don't you go back to him too?"


Norie caught in silence.


"You love each other, why don't you go back together?" He asked.

"I love your Dad."

"Then what's the problem?"


"Our past."


"Shinwon." Yonghwa blurted.

"Misunderstanding."


Yonghwa held his Mom's shoulder. "Mom, stop trapping yourselves on the past."

"Yonghwa, I've had been passed the past. But your Dad, keeps talking about the past when we are together. He keeps coming back to the thing that already died."


"Since you are Shinwon's best girl."

"You know being his best girl is different from being your Dad's first love." Norie cried.


"You aren't just Dad's first love. It is incomparable being the best girl." He smiled. "You are Shinhwa's best love."


"You are really his son, you talk like him."


"Mom.." He squeezed Norie hand. "I want to start my present with Ter with nothing leave behind. Including your past. I want to go back with her, when nothing can hurt her anymore. And that time, when I'm on her arms again, I will never ever let go of her."


Norie hugged Yonghwa. "I'm sorry son. For entangling you and Shinhye to our past."

"No, I've come to realize that maybe, without your past we will never meet." He smiled. "Just like Dad said, we are all residing in the same page."

"Oh God." She blurted as she caress Yonghwa's hair. "Thank you for understanding me, all this time my son."


"I have a very beautiful woman beside me, who happens to be my Mom. I'm blessed." He whispered. "And I'm always thankful back then, because you have been a mother to Ter."


"My son.."

"Mom, stop whining. If Rhea Mae will see you crying, she'll sob too. And I don't wanna hear her loud weeps." He grinned.

 

Norie tried to smile for him.


"I have a practice game today, Mom. I'm off later." He winked.

 

 


***

 


"Philip!" Kris, tall toned player said. "You're early man!"


Yonghwa smiled as he approached the one who trained him for this season. He is back on his old self in basketball, and he is getting so much better. "It's Yonghwa for the million times. Stop calling me Philip."

"Yonghwa.." He stuttered. "I can't pronounce is clearly, man! Philip is so much better."

"Where are the others?"

"You are early. Don't expect everybody is here." He grinned. "Are you going on drills again, Philip?"


He nodded and grabbed all the balls scattered on the court. "I need to be the best."

"For?"

 

Yonghwa wiggled his head. "I'm not sharing my private life to you, unless you call me by my name." He laughs.


"Damn, Philip! That's tough." Kris helped him by mopping the court. "You already exceed your percentage. What a greedy man."

"Always been a greedy man."

"When are going back to your country? You should play for your team."

"Soon."

"You always say soon, Philip." He passed the ball.

"Don't you want me here?"

"No, I just count the days when I can't see pretty girls dancing ballet." He boyishly grinned. "I will miss those for su--


Yonghwa pushed the ball on his chest. "Dream on man. I will never let you see my Mom's trainees now."


"Man!" He begged. "That's the only thing why I keep hanging to you!" He joked.

"Man, those trainees are ugly." Yonghwa said. "I think you haven't saw an angel like ballerina in your whole life." He boasted Ter. "I saw one already and I thought I was in heaven." He smiled.

 

Kris gave him an irritated duck face. "Are you drunk?"


He smiled crazily. "It's true."


"You are hallucinating, Philip." Kris rolled his eyes.

"I'll let you meet her someday. But don't you dare touch her." He put the ball down.

"You are already talking about for private life, Philip." Kris said. "Mind to tell me that angel like ballerina?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Shinhye. Park Shinhye is her name." A voice was heard behind Yonghwa and Kris.