xlvii

Keep Shining My Star

 

"Don't touch her, or anything that will hurt her. Because if you do I swear to God I will never see you as my Dad again." Yonghwa said to his Dad, while the game is having a full time out. "By the way, who the hell is Park Sunhye?" He glared.


Shinhwa smirked. "You don't want to hear who is she."

"The one who gave birth to me?" He smirked back, he doesn't even want to say the word Mom.

"More than that." Shinhwa said. "It is more you doesn't want to hear."

 

"Excuse me. Yonghwa, you're going." Minhyuk yelled.


Yonghwa stared at his Dad. "Don't forget what I said. I don't care who the hell is Sunhye, but don't ever hurt Shinhye."

 

Shinhwa held his son's hand. "What you don't know was that we are all residing in the same page, back then and even now." He said calmly. "I know I haven't been a good father to you and never will be, but you are not like me. I might keep pushing you hard but won't budge, just like your Mom. Until I rip off your heart." He smirked again. "Until I ripped off your Mom's heart."


It is the first time his Dad talked about the one who gave birth to him. "I don't understand what you are talking about and I don't care, just don't ing hurt Ter." He said last as the buzzer indicating the time out was up.


***

 

The game ended.
As usual, Snow pulled a very good performance but I saw him limping again. I see him limp but he'll just smile at me and as if everything is okay. I know how painful that is, he couldn't even take a small walk back on Aunt Fona's house and now he get up, run and jump. I worried he'll collapsed again on this game. I rushed to him and gave him a towel, I saw his Dad tapped his back and left. Yonghwa is glaring at his Dad, while his Dad's eyes are calm and somehow devastated. I realized Yonghwa eyes came from his Dad, those calm dangerous eyes.


"Can you walk?" I asked to him.

"Of course. Did I do a great job on the game?" He asked.

"Of course, you were the best." I winked at him. He looked at me again, this time there are tears on his eyes. I wiped in immediately as soon as they fall on his cheek. I don't want him crying. "Why?" I asked again. "Are you hurt?"


He hugged me and those tears fell on my neck. He sobbed like a kid, and I don't know why. I caressed his back so he might be calm eve for a little because his teammates are still on our side. They might misunderstand. "Hey.." I whispered. "Snow.."


"Let's meet at the abandoned court." He said.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

I felt him nod on my neck. "I have a surprised for you too." I held his face enough to stare at my eyes. "I'll wait for you there.."


He keep nodding like a child, I don't know what is happening.


***


I took a deep breath as I removed the coat I'm using. The cheerleader dress looked revealing to me because it felt so fit and short, completely different from what I used to dress. I was used on complete white dresses up to knee and hair in a bun, which different from what I see.
I see a pig tail haired person with blue and white cheerleader dress. I chuckled upon waiting Snow. I sat on on the dusty floor, I keep thinking what it is bothering Yonghwa.
I don't wanna think about it much because it scares me.
It scares me to death.

 


I heard hard steps approaching, I stood up dusting off nothings on my dress. I waved at him. "Snow~" I smiled.


His gloomy eyes were shocked, seeing me on this dress.


"I even bought a pompom for you." I pouted as I shakes the thing on my hands. "You should cheer up."


"You are so beautiful in that dress, Ter.." He bit his lower lip. "You looked so beautiful.."

"Am I?" I smiled again, teasing him. "But why I can't see that in your eyes?" I pouted.


He put his bag down and I see his hand trembled. "But you look the most beautiful and elegant when you dress as a ballerina.." He clenched his hand.

"Then why did you demand dressing with pompoms? I can just grab my dresses at home."

"You looked like a star shining in middle of the summer when you are dancing, being the ballerina Park Shinhye.." He said.


I smiled at him without any hesitation. "Why now? I'm not like a star that shines anymore?"

"Now, at this point, you shine the brightest. You are a star that brightens everything." He said while he stepped nearer to me. "But the things is, you keep brightening everything that you forget to shine for yourself." He held my hand, and they are as cold as winter. "You keep shining for the other star, not for yourself." His tears fell flawlessly on his cheek. "You forgot to shine yourself as a star, and I hate myself for that."


I smiled but my tears keep coming also. "What do you mean? I don't understand a thing, Snow." I weeped.

"I was that other star that you keep shining on, Ter."

"And?"

"And I hate myself for that."


I squeezed his hand. "Why do you need to hate yourself for that?" I asked. "You didn't do anything wrong, I decided for that on myself."

 

He pulled me, not for a hug but he pulled me for a kiss.
It felt sad.
It felt longing.
It felt a bit of regret.
It felt hatred.
It felt a lot of emotions.

 

He is crying, while his warm lips are into mine. His lips feeling every bit of emotion between us. I can't help but to sob, it felt so much pain.


"I know now, Ter." He said as he took a deep breath.


I know now, Ter.

I know now, Ter

 

I looked at him.
He knew?
He knew? Everything? I cupped my face and started to cry a loud. It felt so much pain, and I felt so scared at this moment. I don't know what to do. I fell on my knees.


But then.


Just like the other day, I fell.
I fell on the arms of Jung Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

One star, brighter than the other.

Two hearts, beating for each other. 

I believe wishes really come true.

- Wishes (Juris)