lv

Keep Shining My Star


"I won't let anything or anybody hurt you." He said to me, while I am on his back. Pitch black is all I can see and I am relying on him. It seems that he knew the place well. "Hold on tight, Ter.." 

I am with him.
This feeling is really ecstatic, now all I see is nothing but the way I hold him as I trust him is the brightest moment for me. He won't let anything hurt me, I'm nearly in tears again. I'm fulfilled, way more happy that what we used to be. It seems everything now falls into their places, it seems everything is really okay. Outside the covered court, he let me down under the lamp post beside a tree. This remind me outside the abandoned court, above this tree that we are standing now are the stars that are making their entrance as the spring come any day from now. I smiled at him.

"Spring comes faster here." He smiled at me. 

I nodded as I stare above, those little diamond like shining at their most. 

"You never changed." He held my hand. "You still shine better that what you stare above, Ter." 

I smiled back. "I really think we changed, Snow," and stare at the stars again. "But it doesn't matter anything now." 

"It's only you who matters on me." 

"What about basketball?" He sighed but I felt him relieved. "I was basketball, Jung Yonghwa, basketball. But now I am Ter, Snow, Ter." He smiled but there are tears on his eyes. "I missed you, Ter." He kissed my hand.

"How are you on those two years?" I asked him. 

"You?" 

"I waited for this moment." I honestly said to him. 

"I never knew you would still be the one who found me." He bit his lip. "You came earlier again." 


I never knew I will see him tonight, not in the wildest imagination or in my most romantic dreams. "I am actually searching for your Mom, but I found you instead." I sighed. 

"Mom?"

I nodded. "Norie."

"I have been living with my Mom in the past two years." He said. "Did you see her?"


"No," I say as I shivered. Spring is coming but the after effects of winter is still hitting my bones, I looked at Yonghwa and I can sense that he is cold too. He is wearing a jersey without anything that will protect him, I'm afraid that he'll get exhausted and collapsed again. 

"You want to see her?" He wrapped his cold arms on my waist, that created some warmth for the both of us. "You are cold." He kissed my hair at the back. 

"You are cold too, let's get you home." I smiled. 


***


"Is this your house?" I asked Snow.

He nodded. 

"Why there's a little girl living there?" 

"Lil girl?" He smiled. "Ah, that's Rhea Mae." 

"Rhea Mae?" Then I remembered once Norie talked about Rhea Mae. "She adopted her?"


He nodded again as he lead the way inside. I already hear Norie's sweet voice telling something, because she heard the gate crashed. I saw Rhea Mae who is scattering her toys on the floor. I waved my hand at her. 


"Yonghwa, is that you? You are late again." I heard Norie sighed. "You always practice late."


"Mama! Big Snow's Winter is here!" Rhea Mae exclaimed, I curled my forehead and looked at Yonghwa, grinning. "Mamaaa!" 


Norie came running and I smiled at her the time she saw me. "I missed you, Norie." I run to her and hug her. She literally froze there while I am hugging her. "Why you didn't tell me Snow is here all along?" I pouted. 

"Shinhye.." She whispered. 


"C'mon Rhea Mae! Let's fix the table!" Yonghwa brought Rhea Mae into his broad back as they leave us alone. 

"Why are you not calling me Lil Ter anymore?!" I heard Rhea Mae said.

 

"Shinhye.." Norie whispered. "How are you?" 

"Fine. Perfectly fine." 

"Your Mom? Is she okay?" 

"Mom is okay. She has changed and Woobin is there to guide her sometimes." I tried to giggle. "Don't worry a thing, Norie. Everything is perfectly fine now." 

"I know. I know it'll be fine. I'm happy that your Mom open her soul." 


I squeezed Norie's hand. "My Mom is sorry, Norie. I hope you understand what she had been through." 

"I understand your Mom, Shinhye. We, with Nice and the two boys back then, we always understands her."

"When are you coming back?" I asked. 

"I don't know." She sighed. 

"Please come back with your son. Jung Shinhwa is waiting for you." I smiled. "My brother, Woobin keep on talking about Yonghwa's Dad. And I know he misses you two a lot." 


Norie face turned into sadness, it's been decades since those things happen to them but until now they haven't revealed their own feelings. Yonghwa and I are together now, but the problem between our parents haven't resolve perfectly. I want everything to be happy, I want everybody to admit their own feelings, because that is the only thing that will make everything go perfect. "Time passed us by, Shinhye. I don't even know, but now I'm happy that I am with my son."


"Did you ever wonder why Yonghwa didn't get angry at you? He never talk back even you haven't in his side." I bit my lip. 

"It's because of you Shinhye." She said.

"No," I say "It's not because of me."

"It's always you.." She smiled.

"No, it is because he is longing for a mother. And he doesn't have the urge to get angry because the love inside him when you revealed as his son was over flowing. He is made of love, Norie. Your son was made of love." I cried. "It's not because of me." 

"You are really like your Dad," Norie said. "He was like that to me when I say my problems, he talk like that." 

"You can't erase the fact that you are Shinwon's best girl but Yonghwa's Dad was the one you love. My Dad also love my Mom. You just got tangled with jealousy and competition." I tried to explain to her, "Maybe this time, you, Mom and Yonghwa's Dad cleared all the things that you must cleared way back then." 


"I wish that was an easy thing to do." She sighed. 

"Doing the right thing is the hardest but after that sufferings will be over."

 


"Why they aren't coming in?!" Rhea Mae shouted, "Mama! Winter!" 


I chuckled. "Your Rhea Mae is surely a good kid." 

"She's always like that." She smiled too.