xxxiii

Keep Shining My Star


Winter it is. I never admire snow, to begin with, I never admire anything. Seasons, people everything. Because I am accustomed by being cold and competitive. But now, even the small pieces of snow seems making me more happy as I walk on his place. It's always been my habit, seeing him. Making him smile. Making him happy. 

I saw Woobin staring at nothing, sitting at some bench. Yonghwa, is nowhere to be found at this moment. I sat beside him. "Hey..something bothering you?" I asked him, he's been quiet these days and I don't know why. 

He smiled at me. "Nothing.." 

"C'mon." I knocked him. "Tell me, it's been forever since you teased me." 

"I just feel.." He sighed. Gosh, that smile made me even curious. He looked at me. "I think it's not a great idea to blurt this out but.. it's been weeks since I'm kinda bothered." He sighed again.


"God, Kim Woobin! Just say it." I lose my temper. 


"Here.." He gave me a brown envelope. 

I don't even know what's inside it or what's behind those sighs of Woobin. I grabbed it and opened. 

A photograph.

A photograph of Norie. 
And the tall, broad man whos's completely like Woobin. 


The photograph was decades ago, I think.  The edges of it was brownish and tattered. I keep my mouth shut. I stared at Woobin. 


"That's my Dad." He said. 

"This is Norie." I said. 


"Why they have a picture together?" He blurted. "I don't understand. They seemed so close. It bothers me." 


Norie's arm were intact with Woobin's Dad on the photograph. "More shocking is why they are together. Completely different worlds." I blurted. "Then just ask your Dad about it." 


Woobin smirked. "Silly, my Dad died years ago. I'm still a kid back then." 

"Died?!" Something knocked me. Died? Woobin's Dad died years ago? Norie just cried this morning about a friend died and she's hell worried about her past. Is Woobin's Dad is the person Norie's crying for? What a small world. What small freakin world. I bit my lips. I nearly crumpled the photo. 


"Hey.. are you alright?" Woobin asked. 

"Yes. I just felt cold. Is heater doesn't working here?" I completely adjusted everything. Norie, Woobin's Dad. What the hell is going on? 

"We don't open heaters, it'll be hell here then. And it's only you feel cold. Look at the players." He pouted to the direction of the court. "They're sweating like hell, and you like to open the heater?" He chuckled and got back the photograph. "Let's not bother about this photograph. If, maybe they have some relationship back then, let them be. It's all past. Nobody cares about the past." He smiled at ruffled my hair again. "Don't bother so much about the this, you should tell your Yonghwa to stop eyeing me like I'm a nuisance." He moved his lips, pouting again, on the direction of Yonghwa. 


I automatically smiled. "Okay, but I'll ask Norie about it. You know she just sobbed this morning knowing that your Dad passed away when she's not here." I said calmly. "Thanks Woobin, for telling me this." 

"Don't try too much to solve something you don't know. Just let things happen." He advised. 

 

"Both of you seemed too close." Yonghwa said. "Woobin, why do you need to ruffle Shinhye's hair like a kid?" His tone changed, maybe he's trying to be angry but we find it very cute. 


"Jealous ale-- 
I sneezed hard between then, I curled my nose and put my hand to hide my runny nose. This is embarrassing. "I-I'm sorry. I told it's cold here." I said, snuffing my nose. I stared at Yonghwa, he's angry expression changed into something like seeing a little kid sneezing in front of him. I pouted. "What? Is it the first time you see a person sneezed?" 


"I'm out now. What a love birds. I suddenly miss Euna." Woobin playfully said, while walking out. Leaving me and Yonghwa alone. 


"You are such a tease." I said, again. 

"Why?" He grinned. "You're really cute." 

"I'm cold here and you're saying I'm cute." What on earth Yonghwa? 


The he pulled his sweated jersey and wrapped around my back. He just exposed his upper body full of sweat. He didn't smell bad, as if sweats are his perfume. I smelled it enough even I have colds. "You're the one who's going to be in cold, Yonghwa." I said to him.


"My body is on fire right now, Shinhye." He said, ily. 


Seriously? Jung Yonghwa. I catch my breath because he is going after my face, I suddenly felt hot. Gosh, I'm such a crazy person. My eyes were sticked to him while he getting nearer. 

I closed my eyes. 


Then I heard a very big laugh. "You think those things, Shinhye. Huh?" He said, teasing me again. 

"My gosh, Yonghwa!" I shouted and slapped the jersey he just gave to me. "I hate you." 

"You hate me?" He asked, his tone suddenly changed. Seriously, this childish boy. 

 

I gave him a soft kiss on his sweated cheek. "Aren't you cold? For real?" I started to worry because I felt him shivered. 

"No I'm not anymore." He pulled me, the way he wanted and I wanted the most. We're like the only people on this world. Without nothing to worry about.
Without anything but love. 


I didn't feel uncomfortable even his sweats are getting on my arms. I feel somehow refreshed. 


"Hey, do you know why I like winter?" He asked me. 


I've never asked and thought that he liked winter. All I know were the summer stars. He like winter, and stars. But I don't get the connection, since he love stars, he can't see them when winter. "You like a lot of things." I said, a hint of jealousy where emphasized. "Why? Because it's cold and you like to cuddle? I wonder who you embrace last winter, last last winter and such." Fine, I'm jealous. I admit it. 


He never placed a big laugh, never teased me now that I'm jealous. I don't understand him, liking too many at the same time. If he can do it with things, it'll be so easy on people. He's playing with my fingers, I'm not answering his cuddles. "You're right, because it's cold." 


I knew it. I just knew it. "Cold and?" 

"And we don't need to practice outside. No hell trainings." He explained. Oh my little mouth, he is talking about basketball. I bit my lip, but I didn't let him see I'm more embarrassed now than sneezing a while ago. I begin to play with his finger also, he smiled. 


"So, winter is just an excuse then." I said to him. "Because you don't have to play hard."

He loosed the cuddling we're having and stared at my eyes. Those humbled eyes. Those humbled gracious happy eyes on him. "No, I love this season because it made me realize how much I love basketball. Because every snow day I'm inside I'm realizing how much I love to play. Winter is a very special thing for me." He smiled at me. "And, you are the winter of my life." He caressed my cheeks. 


You are the winter of my life.
That is the sweetest words I heard all of my life. It's more lovely than the words I love you.
I am his winter. 
I am Yonghwa's winter. 


"Then if I am the winter of yours, you will be my snow." I smiled at him. 

He pulled my closer and gave me a quick kiss. Maybe the quickest kiss I've ever had but the most appealing that any other passionate one. A kiss from Snow. 
My Snow. 


"I love you, Winter. For making me realized I love what I'm doing." He said to me. 

"Thank you Snow, for letting me someone like you." I smiled at him. "I love you too, Snow.
 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

A triple treat from me! I'm squishing over Winter and Snow now. I really love this story, how it goes and how will conquer everyhting. I feel inlove, my gosh! *winks

 

A triple update, because today is my graduation day! Finally! Thank you for all the support - back in the time I'm squealing over our thesis. Hihi.

But now, I conquered it all and going to face another chapter of my life. I hope you all will be there until the end. 

Thank you!

 

 

 

Sincerely yours,

 

 

Dokmishin