xlii

Keep Shining My Star


After our morning breakfast on Aunt Fona, I dragged him in my most favorite place second to his embrace - my training place - where I spend my whole life being the best that I can be.
Where I cried almost every night if I can't handle the pressure.
Where I shout my lungs off whenever I'm in pain when I see my feet bleeding.

Where I first cursed Jung Yonghwa.

And now, where going to be witness how I love Snow, more than I love being in here.
Now
.

"It reminds of the abandoned court, Ter." Yonghwa said to me.

I smiled at him. "I told you."

He begin to look at every detail of the room, and the way he smiles over the things that related to my old self literally gave me a shining smile for him. He dust of the vases on the side then he giggled sometime.

"Hey.. Don't dust it off." I pouted.

"Why?"

"Everything here is a memory." I seriously said to him and sit on the bar. "Everything.." I sighed. "Maybe I let go of being the ballerina, but I won't let go the things I made and I conquered. I will never let go of everything, everything that lives and dies here." I couldn't stop the tears because I am seeing the things I used to be with, day and night. The vases, the small vintage chandelier, old ballerina music boxes - all of them lives on me.


He rushed on me and tried to shush me, this time there is one I regret.
I regret the moment how we end up meeting, not the time on the hospital rooftop but the accident that crushed my dream. I regret how painful we met, how hopeless we are for each other. We are both broken, we are both seeking for different revenges. We are like shattered mirrors, dangerous but dying.

Snow and I met on the most unexpected way.
And I love him on the most unexpected way too.


"After the end of the day, I wish I can kiss all your tears away." He whispered into my ears. "At the end of the day." He stood and went to the ballet music pieces and one tape.


My eyes are following him but I could just see blur.


And I heard the tape he played.
The tape - music tape that I love the most.


"How did you know that was my favorite?" I asked him, since the tape of that was placed on the last drawer, I don't want anybody to touch it, nor play it by themselves.

"You hum it almost everyday." He said to me.

"How did you know that was it?"

"Because it is the only tape that the house was ripped and looked old than the others." He smiled. "It is true, we completely like each other, Ter."


I hummed along on the piece and tried to remember how I dance back then. My tears is forming into a smile that Snow gave me today. He slowly grab my hand and I was surprised.

"What is it?" I asked him.


"Can you dance for me?" He smiled, his eyes were filled of tears that made me realize how helpless we are for each other. "Ter, please dance for me."


Ter, please dance for me.


I am always the kind of person dancing for everyone, I dance for almost everybody that watch me.
But I never dance for someone - someone so close to me that I think I might die if I won't sway.

"You'll be devastated." I looked down, I am actually afraid. Maybe if I turn around, he might pity me if I fall right down. "I can't dance anymore, remember?"


He pinched my hand harder. "Who said?" He asked. "You're always be the best ballerina in the whole universe for me."


"You might pity me." I cried.


And time, he embraced me.
I am the safest place on the whole universe now, in his arms.

"Did you pity me when I'm limping this morning?" He run his long fingers on my long hair. "You didn't Ter, but hence you joined me. You joined me instead of making me lose myself because I'm good for nothing."

"That's different." I sobbed on his neck.

"Stop making yourself like this, because I am here. I'm going to be your feet. I am going to be your strength." He tapped my back. "And now Ter, can you dance for me?"


I bit my lip, this person is the person I never dreamed of being with me but God gave him.
God gave Snow to me, and just like the stars above, he shine on me. Never ending shine of my star. I stared at him. "I would be so much honored dancing for my Snow." I smiled as I touch his cheek that has cold tear on it. I wiped it away and kiss it.

I went to the drawer where my ties for my hair were in it. I was smiling all along.

"Ter.."

I looked on his direction. "Hmm?"

"Don't tie your hair in a bun. You are the most beautiful ballerina when you dance with your untie hair."


I stopped arranging my hair. I always hear 'tie your hair' and 'why aren't you in a bun?', but now the most important person on my life now said I'm the most beautiful ballerina without it.

 


He is doing every thing opposite than what I lived all my life, he did it beautifully and lovingly.


I took a deep breath as I walk on the center, I fixed the way I stood up.
It has been a year since I did this, like I am the Park Shinhye back then.
As my favorite piece is playing, I swayed my both arms on the side and did it. I began to say to myself that I can do it, for Snow.

That I can do this piece perfectly for Snow.
I am smiling at him while I'm doing the soft moves. I bit my lip, I can't really dance anymore - thoughts rushing on me.

I am beginning to tremble and I know in a moment I might trip myself. I take a very deep breath, after I might my control I will make turns - my forte - for Snow.
I bit my lower lip, and turned my body.

 

First turn. I did it.
Second turn. Barely trip.
Third turn. I felt on ankle hurt.

Fourth turn. I fell.

 


I fell on the arms of Jung Yonghwa.


Truly, the most unexpected thing was done.
I expected falling on this cold damn floor on my fourth turn, but he got me first.

And landed on his arms - the most unexpected thing.

Loving him and landing on his arms when I thought I'm going to fall hard.