xxxviii

Keep Shining My Star


I saw Snow standing at the court's post, his face looked so tired today. I haven't said anything related about the incident, and I am happy that at least he's not bringing it up every time we are seeing. "Snow!" I yelled. His face turned to me and slowly put up a small smile. I curled my forehead. I brushed his wet hair up, his pretty face can't be seen because of his hair. "Tired?" I smiled at him.

"No, I'm just.." He sighed and held my hand. "Thinking.." Then he smiled at me.

"Thinking of what?" I asked, but I know for sure that he is thinking of my accident. "You're clouded up with nonsense, don't forget that after winter, spring competition of yours will start." I pointed at his jersey. "Focus, Jung!" I yelled again at him, as if I am his coach.

"Then, it's nearly a year." He sighed again.

"I said stop with nonsense, Jung." I intended to blurt in high tone for emphasis. "I'll leave if you don't stop." I walk a one step forward on him, on the second step he tightened the grip on my hand. "Let go." I said to him.

"Don't go." He whispered.

"I said, let go."

"Never." He insisted.

I faced him. "Silly." I tapped his head. "I'll just get your towel, Snow." I giggled. "I'll never leave you even your kicking me out." I grabbed his hand and let of our hands. It's true, by the time everything will just a dust away. I will never let go of him, maybe even to the point of begging, maybe I'll give it a try. I'm so passionate and dedicated on this person. I'm so inlove with him, that I'd able to forget all the pain in just a kiss. I'm so inlove with him, to throw everything away because of the past. I'll never do that. I've learned enough.

"You really sweat a lot, Jung." I chuckled while wiping off his sweat on his beautiful face.

"How's Norie?" He asked me.

"Norie?" I smiled. "She's okay. Maybe she was just tired of everything."

"Tell her that I missed her." He smiled. "And send my thank you for always guiding you." He tapped my shoulder.

"I haven't seen your Dad, anyways."

"He's out of the country. Preparing for the spring."

I nodded on what he said.


"I'll send you home now." He smiled.

"Home? This early?" I pouted.

"It is going to be spring, Ter. Practice is as hard as getting into playoffs." He grab my hand. "But first, I'll get you home first."

"Can't I stay here?" I pouted again. "I want to watch. Please.." I begged cutely, but I think it'll never affect Snow.

"Ter.." He gasped. "Stop being so playful, I need to focus. I can't get my head on the game because I'm too busy checking on you. You have seriously many fans in here." He smirked. "And you are too beautiful to be sitting there. Maybe sometime you should get a pair of pompoms." He grinned boyishly.

I punched his chest. "I'm a ballerina, not a cheer leader."

"Maybe you could try sometime." He giggled again.

"What's the prize then?" I tend to play with this man's game.

"Try doing it when your many fans are here, then they are all dead." He smirked again. "I'll make them eat those pompoms."

I cling to his neck. "Jealous alert." I laughed. "Don't worry, I'll play as your cheerleader. Only yours." I kissed his cheek. "Let's go. I'll get home safe but you should train hard. Understand Jung?"

"I will, Ter." He laughed.


***


"I heard that you were one of my Dad's woman." Woobin said to Norie. He ordered some coffee for the two of them. "Geez, Kim Shinwon is such a player." He smirked.

"I am one of his woman." Norie said. "But not related with him being a player."

"Then what? A best friend?" He gulped the hot coffee. "Don't fool us, Norie."

Norie smiled widely. "I'm not fooling you. Shinwon is a special friend."


Woobin placed his coffee from where it supposed to be. He scratch his hair. "Then tell me the whole story."

"Story?" Norie asked. "Who's story?"

"You and my Dad."

"Shinwon, your Dad and I grew up together. We are like brothers and sisters." She smiled as if everything were done yesterday. "We got our dreams, me being a ballerina and him, being a basketball superstar. Back in the days."

"You were like brothers and sisters but where were you when he died?"


Norie elegantly get her coffee and took a little sip. "Woobin, that's not part of the story of us." She smiled. "I'm afraid that our past will get tangled with the present." She said calmly. "You are Shinwon's son, you would understand what I'm saying."

"He was in pain. You know that he was incapable of getting his dreams but you pushed him even harder. Maybe that's why he died just like that." Woobin said.

"That's his dream, Woobin." Norie said. "If I was in his position back then, I would do the same, even if I die."

"Why?!" He yelled. "Why I feel there's something you are hiding?"

"I'll repeat, that's not part of our story." She sipped again. "You were like your Dad, Woobin. You're a good kid."


"Then tell me, who's story was that?" He said impatiently.

"You should tell me first, what you are hiding, Woobin."


He curled his fist. "I-I don't hide anything. Don't turn tables."

"You stutter." She smiled. "You think you can hit a three point shot if you tremble your hands like that?"

"Dad's words." He look intently to Norie. "Then you say you aren't one of his women." He shook his head.

"Those weren't your Dad's words, Woobin. That came from me when we're still playing neighbor basketball." Norie chuckled. "Just like you he was a center, so getting a three point are like finding gold because you boys are buckled up on defense."

"He trembled?" Woobin sighed, he never saw his Dad being afraid of throwing a ball. He's been an idol. Norie was just the only person see him like that. Trembled like that.

"He was never a one day celebrity, Woobin, just like what he used to brag. He's hardworking. We always bet, that how many times I fell from dancing, he'll doubled it by shooting." She smiled. "We're best buddies."

"I've never known this side of Dad. He's a deadly player to women, even to my Mom." He sighed.

"Don't remember those things. Your Dad raised you well even without a woman, well - your Dad was really a player back then. He played with girls. But when he got you, never played anymore. Trust me, Woobin. I know him well."

"Never played with woman anymore?" He asked. "Then he maybe love someone, and never played anymore." Woobin flashed a smile.

 

Norie took the cup and again. She smiled. "I told you, that was not part of our story."