xvi

Keep Shining My Star


"I'm going to ask you just one question." I said to my doctor.


"What is it?"


"What if tomorrow you'll find out you can't be a doctor anymore? That you can't treat your patients just what you use to do?"

 


My doctor stopped caressing my back. I knew it. She doesn't even know what to say. I smirked. 'See?" I said to her. "What is your life when you can't be a doctor?"


"Shinhye.."


"Don't tell me that life doesn't stop. Because for me it has ended painfully." I strongly said to her. "Anyway, thanks for those encouraging words. Maybe if I wasn't in this position, I can be inspired a little." I smiled. I stood up and held her hand. "I want to get out of this hospital, maybe tomorrow."

 

"Shinhye.." She said. "Don't seed anger in your heart."


"I'm not, I'm seeding it on my mind." I said to her and slowly closed her door.

 

I sighed.
No one can understand me.

 

***

 

I was discharged on the hospital that day. I said to my doctor tomorrow but I get to excited. Even there's no one waiting for me outside.
I never went to our house, I never communicated to my Mom. Neither she.
I wonder if she knew where am I or what I'm doing now. I'm staying at Aunt Fona's house. The old lady is alone but happy in life, she is the one I remembered.
Her blueberry cream cheese.

 

"Lady, are you up?" Aunt Fona knocked on my door.

 

For the first time, I didn't hear the Park Shinhye get up.
It is so refreshing to hear it.


"Hmm." I hummed.


"Then you should get down here and let's eat." She said.

 

I smiled. Let's eat.
I don't know the feeling having someone to talk to when eating.
Having someone to lean on.

 

"Are you not tired of eating those?" Aunt Fona chuckled. I'm eating blueberry cream cheese again. For free.


"No, not now when it's all for free." I grinned. "Thanks Aunt Fona, for letting me stay here."


"You are always welcome, Lady."


"And you can just call me Shinhye. Lady doesn't suit me since I can't dance anymore."

 

She gave me a glass of milk that seriously melted my heart. "Geez, this kid. You're always be my lady who's not getting over my waffle."

 

I diverted our conversation. "Did Jung Yonghwa come over at your stand by now?"


"Yonghwa? Nope." She said. "I've never seen him after the accident. That poor kid." I saw Aunt Fona's smile drastically changed. "I wonder what's he is doing now."


"You really like him, Aunt Fona?" I asked.


"He's a good boy, Lady."


"How did you know? He is just a buyer of yours." I asked.


"He's just like you, Lady. That will be my answer for you to understand." She stopped. "Where are you going today?"

 

"Just going for a walk." I smiled. Aunt Fona love Jung Yonghwa like her child, but that doesn't stop me.

 

***

 

 

"Mom.." I blurted out when I saw her standing at the gate of rehearsal room. I don't know if she's waiting for me or what.


"Where are you staying?"She asked me.


"You don't need to know." I coldly said.


"Then what are you doing here?"


"Am I not allowed to go here?" I asked back.

 

 


"Park!" A unfamiliar voice startled the both of us. I saw a woman, very classy and elegant. She looked so beautiful and clean like clouds. I admire her in one moment because even she passed the golden years of a ballerina, she looked like a queen. It is my first time seeing her. I don't know if I am the Park she's calling or my Mom.

I turned and saw my Mom's face. She is beyond shocked. I don't know what is going on. Who the hell is this person and why she has the urge to call my Mom just Park.

 

"What are you doing here?" My Mom asked. I can sense that this person is not welcome.


"Park, you still treat people like you own them." She said.


"You don't care."


"I care." She stood in front of us. "Especially to Shinhye." She smiled at me, the most genuine smile I've ever crossed in my whole life.

 

I was awkward when she took my hand.
But she smiled even prettier. "I'm Norie Lee." She said to me. "I'm waiting for you on London but you never come so I was the one who came here."


"But, I'm not qualified to go there, I can't dance anymore." I explained to her, in case she didn't know. "And Euna--


"I don't like any other people. Not Euna, not you Park." Norie said.

 

"Stop with your nonsense Norie. Stop showing off." My Mom said and grabbed my hand. "Let's go Park Shinhye."


"You treat her like nothing and now you're afraid."


I wasn't speaking, it seems Norie Lee and Mom have something tension. I don't know when it started or why.

 

"She's my daughter and you don't care about how I treat her." My Mom dragged me but Norie's grip on my hand never lose.

 

"Stop Mom. I will never go with you." I said to her with my cold stare.

 

"Park Shinhye!" She shouted.


"Park!" Norie shouted also.

 

"Stop, the both of you." I whispered. "I will never go with either the two of you, so please let me go."

 

"Shinhye.." Norie softly said.

 


"Honestly speaking, I don't know where you come from Miss Norie Lee. If you have some agenda on me then I beg you, don't use me. I'm useless now, I can't dance. I will never be a ballerina. So just stop." I sighed behind my tears. "And Mom, please. Stop doing this to me, I'm broken and you know that. But please don't make those broken pieces vanished forever. Stop now, Mom." I walked out and never looked back.

 

 

 

 

 

"What did you do to your daughter, Park? You made her just like you." Norie said. "You just made your daughter into a helpless person that is fed by anger."