xli

Keep Shining My Star


Today is incredibly different that any day. I've been in Snow's hand so many times but today is something different, his hands felt so warm - so warm that if I can live on his hands I would do. I've been seeing his smiling calm eyes every time but today there is something even more shiny - so  shiny that the sun would be so ashamed. I've been feeling his gorgeous scent every time but today there is something more fragrant - so fragrant that the flowers that will bloom on the upcoming spring will be vanished. This is actually our official date, a normal thing for lovers. Maybe I met him in the most unexpected and painful moment but doing this normal thing for us is like a candy melting in kid's mouth.

We barge on Aunt Fona's house since it is still winter and she open her stand once the spring bloom. The old lady, doing her daily routines is very happy to see us.

"I really love seeing the two of you." She said to us, smiling. "Lady, you are getting prettier." 

I pinned the remaining hair on my ear and winked at her. "Really?" I giggled. 

"But Aunt Fona is more beautiful that you, Ter." Yonghwa winked at Aunt Fona. 


Aunt Fona gave us a hearty laugh. "The effect of blueberry waffle."

I pouted at Snow. "Okay." 

"It's true, Aunt Fona is better than you." He said again. 

"Okay." I repeated what I said and got coffee for us three. 


I saw Yonghwa went to Aunt Fona and hugged her tightly. "I really love Aunt Fona." He said, and I think this person is teasing me. I glared at him enough but I think that enough wasn't enough for him. 
But I'd rather prefer this simply fights than never having any. 


"Aah.." Yonghwa touched his knee while walking near me and gave again that moan of pain I heard last night. I run to him even his just three steps away. I held his shoulder and supported him, because he might collapsed again. 


"Snow, are you okay?" I said, worriedly. 

"Jealous alert." He whispered to my ears and smacked a kiss on my lips. "My controlling jealous girl." He whispered again. 

I glared at him. "You're not limping?"

He shake his head. "I did that so you will come to me." He winked again. 


I abruptly let go of my hands supporting him and get back to my sit. I don't want him to joke on those things because seeing him like last night worried me a lot. I don't want to see him in pain. I waited for him to sit beside me but he did not. I stared at him while he sit on the floor he was been standing. "Why are you sitting on the floor?" I asked. 

He smiled at me and winked. "Why? You miss me beside you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Dream on." 

"I'll make you miss me a bit, jealous girlfriend." 


Aunt Fona is walking the direction of Yonghwa and she stepped on his feet lightly. "Oh God, what are you doing there?" She yelled, surprised. 

 

I saw Yonghwa's expression literally changed when Aunt Fona accidentally stepped on him. He's really limping, don't like to me Jung Yonghwa. He's so much on pain that he can't move an inch. The thing is he doesn't need to pretend to be the bragging Yonghwa in front of me. I get two cups of coffee on the table and stood up. I sit on the floor also with him. "I wonder how's the feeling eating on the floor." I winked at him. 

"Not a good feeling." He blurted. "Go eat on the table."

I pouted at him. "This day is our date, how about starting it with a breakfast on floor?" I forked the waffle and gave him a bite. "Still yummy?"

He finally smiled. "More tastier."

"See? Floor made it more yummy." 

"No, you made it more tasty." 

I smiled at him and just continue to feed my limping boy. I wonder if how can I make it easy for him today. Aunt Fona talked to us about how weird we are eating on the floor, she can't join us because she thinks we are playing on her. Snow and I we're just laughing so hard about her. I can see that he is moving a bit now, so I think it is not that painful for him anymore. I am starting to worry because spring is so near and I wonder if he can really play. I don't want him to get more injury, I don't want to push him harder if he'll just hurt himself every night. 


He stood up and get the empty cups of us. 

"I can do it." I said. 

"I'll do it." He went to the sink and washed them. 


I sit on Aunt Fona's couch and tried to think how to break it out to him, that I worry about him much. He doesn't look okay for me, I don't know about basketball or how it goes on one's body so I freaked out every time I see him limp. I was surprised that he is already beside me and playing with my hair, it got so long enough and I don't put them in a bun now. 

"I'm okay, don't worry." He said to me.

"No, you're not." I said.

"I am." He smiled. 

"You can't even stand a while ago and you're saying you are okay." I sighed at him. He run his fingers on my hair that made me lose myself again, I can't get angry to him. I just stared. "I want you to play, badly. But I don't want to see you in pain, Snow. It's just been a year, we can wait."


"Ter.." I sighed.

"What?"

"I want to play on spring." He said to me, and he sounded so much passionate. He really wanted to play. "And I want to play for you."

I want to play for you.
I don't need him to play for me, I don't even need to see him in jersey, now.
I just want him to see smiling. I just him to feel contented. 
Playing for me is huge, like the shining stars. 


And if he is going to play, I wanted him to play for himself.