xxxix

Keep Shining My Star


"Kim Woobin!" Yonghwa shouted. 

Woobin is sitting beside him, panting and sweating like hell. Spring is coming and they need to practice harder, Yonghwa needs to double his effort if he want to be part of the season's cup. It has been a year since the accident, and after all the trainings and rehabilitation he did were kind of giving a pay-off. And it's all Ter's effort. 

"What?!" Woobin shouted back. "You're always shouting these days." He scratched his head. 

"You are not helping me." He sighed. 

"I am, Yonghwa. I keep posting since I am a center. What's wrong with you?! I give all the rebounds I get." He panted. "You are getting greedier."

"I'm not talking about basketball." 

"Jung Yonghwa!" Woobin knocked Yonghwa. "Get cha head in the game." 

"I'm talking about Ter's accident." He sighed. "You are not helping me." He stared.

"I'm still looking into it." He said. 

"It's been weeks, Woobin."

"Why don't you just ask your Ter. About the accident."

Yonghwa took a deep breath. "I want to surprise her."

Woobin knocked him again and smirked. "Stop thinking about your Ter and play. Focus Jung." He laughed. 

 

I saw Woobin and Snow talking at the post, they are both soaked in sweat - like they always wanted. I smiled at them as I approach. I heard they are talking about help, but I don't clearly understand it. 

"Snow~" I smiled. 


Woobin stared at me, he didn't smile at me like he used to. This time, I know there's something wrong with him, and I know it is because of Norie and his Dad. Norie said to me last night that she and Woobin talked many things about Shinwon. 

"Ter~" Yonghwa replied back. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." I grabbed the towel and started wiping his own sweat, I really love doing this for him. "How's your knee?"

"Getting better." He shiningly smiled. "Thanks to you." He kissed my hair. "Thanks to you, Ter." 


"I'll rest a bit, Yonghwa." Woobin waved to us and started to get his bag. I grabbed his arm. 

"Woobin, we need to talk." I calmly said. 

"Talk about what?" Yonghwa asked curiously. 


"None of your business Jung." Woobin said. 

I saw Yonghwa gesture a bad manner over Woobin, and I'm not going to like this thing. I don't want Snow to misunderstand the things about Norie's past. I don't want him to get bother with thing aside from basketball. I want him to get better and better for spring. "Snow, it's nothing." Yonghwa looked at me, and in his eyes, I see jealousy. I always see jealousy on him, he's controlling and such, but this time there is a touch of angry. I know he doesn't want things and getting him in the way, especially in me. He wanted to know everything that connects to me, and for myself I want that also. I want to know everything about Yonghwa. 

"Kim Woobin!" Yonghwa shouted.

", Jung." He yelled. "It's about how my Dad played with women. It's about my Dad's dirty acts!"

I was shocked the way Woobin described it. Like he disgust everything about his Dad, and when he said women, it is Norie. "Kim Woobin, stop." I controlled myself from getting mad, but the way I said him to stop loosen my control. 

"Then why are you dragging Ter on your Dad's dirty acts!" Snow shouted back.

 

"You two, stop." I nearly whispered. My tears are falling, not just because I'm seeing these two fighting but because Woobin said Norie is just that one of the women. I never lose my respect to her, and I want to stand up for her. I know her enough. I trust her enough. "If you are going to kill each other, I am going now." I said coldly to them and handled the towel back to Yonghwa. I walked fast to reach the doors of the court. 


***


"Norie.." I back hugged her from behind as she is cooking. I'm glad that she is home, I want to talk to her about so many things. 

"You're early." She smiled. 

"Did Woobin disrespect you yesterday?" I mumbled. 

"He didn't. He's a good boy." She tapped my hands. "Why?"

"Nothing.." 

"Did you know that Euna will fly to London this spring?" She said. "She got in. Euna will be there for a year."

"Really?" I smiled. Now, I really didn't get envy or some hard feelings about flying and being the best. Even Euna made some nasty things to me, even this time. I don't care anymore, since I am happy with Snow. Everything got in places for me. Dancing might gone forever, but I found someone that will fulfill it and it's something I control. And even I might lose it, I will never stop to find it again. 


I once thought ballet was my everything, but I got tricked. It is the person who took away the thing I once though my everything. 

"Maybe it was Euna's all along." I smiled. "She's hardworking and passionate. I have no doubt about that." 

"It is okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Of course, it is okay for me." I chuckled a bit to express I'm happy about it. "Why would I take away something to a person that had been working all her life about it?" I squeezed her hand. "Tell her that I wish her all the best." 

"But if you didn't have that acc--

"That's bound to happen, Norie." I cut her. "And now, I don't regret anything." 

She nodded.

"I'm okay, Norie." 

"I know."

"So I wish you could be okay too." I smiled. 

"I will, don't worry. I'm old enough to handle things." She giggled. "Don't you hear something? Like a knock?" She stared at the door. "Someone's knocking Shinhye."


"Who could it be?" I scratched my head.

"Who else it could be?" She winked at me. "Only two of us know my place."


I pouted at her. There's no way it could be Snow because I will be angry if he in front of our door. He need to practice and time is getting shorter. I got the door on the nth knock and I sighed heavily. 


He's still wearing his jersey, #17. It seem he didn't took a shower after the training - or on the second though he left the ongoing training. I crossed my arms for emphasis that he need to give me reasons why he's at my door. I stared at him. 


But then, while my arm are intact near my tummy, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into an embrace. I gasped some air, because he's sweat from his head were scattered on my neck. His cold sweat were getting me worry this time. "Hey Jung Yonghwa.." I caressed his back. 

He didn't respond, just holding my like a fragile vase. 

"Jung Yonghwa!" I yelled, his sweats are cold but while I am caressing his back, his painfully burning. 

"That's not me." He whispered. "I'm Snow."

I sighed. "Jung Yonghwa, it is not the time for those endearment."

He didn't replied back. 


This kid, he's burning but he still prefer to have some comfort through hi name Snow. I caressed his hair. "Snow, let's go inside." I said to him. "Snow--


I felt him getting heavier, I supported him with all my force. He is unconscious. "Norie!" I yelled her to get some help.