xxi

Keep Shining My Star

 


I was surprised when an arm clung on my shoulder. I'm nearly on the abandoned court to see Jung Yonghwa is he's here but I think I was going to die first before that. This Woobin is such a pain. He's everywhere. 


"You really want to die, Shinhye." He laughed. "Why are you here again?"


"I can go here as much as I wanted, Kim Woobin." I shrugged. "Could you stop clinging? As if you're arms aren't heavy." I made sure that he heard my sigh for him. 


"What's the freakin catch, Park Shinhye?" 


"What do you mean what's the catch?" 


"Why are always here? Do you like Yonghwa that much?"


I bit my lower lip. This Woobin, I really need to stop thinking he's everywhere so he'll just disappear. "Maybe you're the who liked Yonghwa, you are always with him." I smirked. Oh my gosh, is Woobin gay? That funny joke just made me giggle. Such a funny act from me. 


"I like him." 

 

I.LIKE.HIM.

Those words just pounded on my mind. What the hell? Is he really gay? Seriously? What life is this? A while ago, I feel like bursting in my laughter but now I felt pitying him. 

 

"I like him as my little brother." He smiled playfully at me. 

 

I.LIKE.HIM.
As my little brother.

 

I punched him hard. He needed it, seriously. This Woobin needs to stop mocking me. 
But on the back of my mind, he liked Yonghwa. Then he's one of the obstacles on my revenge. 


"You should punch harder, Shinhye." 


"You're such an--

 

I saw Yonghwa walking, he is wearing a green stripped sweatshirt with rugged pants. It seems he's tired. It is been days since I last saw him. I forgot about Woobin and start walking to Yonghwa.
But Woobin held me. 


"If you wouldn't want to hurt your own self. Don't go to him, at this moment." He warned me, I can sense he is really being sincere to me. 


I wanted to asked why, but I didn't have the force to do so because seeing Yonghwa. I knew he's really tired. 
And for the nth time, I saw myself on him. As if I'm seeing on a big mirror, seeing my reflection. 

 

"You wouldn't ask why?" He asked. 


"Why?" I replied. 


"Because he's an evil person, at this moment. He might hurt you." He tapped my head. "If you liked him that much, don't go near at him. You'll might lose all your feelings for him." 


"So, you wouldn't go to him also?" I asked. "Because you like him, as your little brother." 


"You are smart." He smiled. "I'm going now, but don't forget that I keep an eye on you." He giggled and stopped tapping my head. "I'll run to Euna for now." 

 

I found myself laughing, Woobin is such an honest guy. 
I'll run to Euna for now.
He really like Choi Euna, too bad she and me doesn't rotate on the same orbit anymore.
She turned into a monster just like the other competitors. She's the least person I thought to be like that but turned out she's not. 


***

 

"Jung Yonghwa~" That same old tone, I said it again. His name. He is resting.


If you liked him that much, don't go near at him. You'll might lose all your feelings for him

Woobin warned me, I heard him right.
But first of all, I don't like him so I can actually go at him, at this moment.
I don't like him that I don't have nothing to lose, especially feelings involve.
And I know he can't hurt me. 
Instinct, because I'm facing a mirror.
I can't hurt anybody too. 
He can't hurt me. 


He replied a groan. 


"I said I'll come back, right." I said a statement, I'm not asking him. 


"I'm not either waiting for you." He stand up.


I grabbed his hand, my palm again his. 
As long as my memory remembered, it is the second time I held his hands. And up until now he still have those warm hands. "I promised you that I'll come back." Still a statement. I smiled. 


"I said stop doing this!" He threw my hand on the air. That hurt. 


"What is wrong with you?" I shouted. 


"Nothing. Nothing is wrong." He calmed his self but his tone was deep and dangerous. "Why are you doing this? Why are still coming here as if I have debt in you?"


As if I have debt in you.
You have, Jung Yonghwa. 
You just don't know for now. 


"You heard me back then. I want you to start playing again." I whispered, I'm actually  kind of scared now at him. He tried to calm his self, but the more he try the more he become dangerous. 


"You heard me back then also, I won't play anymore." He stressed. "Don't follow me. Or else." He paused and looked at for like five straight seconds. 


"I'll follow you so you can do the or else and---

 

 

He pulled my hand and let me in on his broad chest, I am beyond shocked. My arms are awkwardly drop and jailed on him. I don't know what to do. This is not a part of today's plan. This is not the plan! My mind is crumbling as my shoulders begin to tremble. 

I find myself hard to breathe, for a second I gained my consciousness. That I need to breathe, as in now. 
I gathered up my energy so I can push him, and I succeeded. 


"What is wrong with--

 

He did in again, he pulled my hand and for the second time he embraced me. 
It's the second time for today but I'm still beyond surprise. 
But now, he was caressing my back, which totally, obviously and absolutely ridicule me. I need to get out. 

For the second time, I gathered my last energy to push him, but I failed. 


"I let you breathe, that's enough." He said to me, I can feel he is grinning boyishly. "If you keep following me, I'll embrace you until you shout for help but I'll pretend I'm deaf."