xliii

Keep Shining My Star


He stared at my eyes, and I didn't see any wrong with it. I never doubt the way he looked at me, despite I never gave him the perfect dance.
Despite that I fell on my fourth turn. I felt to comfortable on his arms. 


"You are really the best.." He whispered on my ears. "No one fell so elegant like that." Then he smiled at me, unconsciously a tear fell on my eyes. "Ter, you are better than what you knew you are the best." 

I wish this moment will never end. I feel complete, I feel so complete that if tomorrow is the end of the world, I'll greet it with a smile. 

I found my star, in the middle of the winter. 
 I found my star that evolves into snow, in the middle of the cold winter. 

 A star that falling, just like the snow.
A snow that shines like a star. 

"You are better, and getting better and better." I put my finger on his lips to stop him. 


I smiled. "Getting better, for you." I said.


He shake his head. "No, you are getting better for yourself. Not for anybody, even for me." 

"I'm sorry I couldn't continue dancing." I shook my head. "Everything is just so messed up. You know that." 

"I told you that's the most beautiful ballet piece I watched." He hence said. 

"Thank you." I said. I can only say thank you. 

"Only thank you?" He asked.


I curled my forehead. "Then what you want?" I smiled. 

 

He helped me stand on my feet. "Nothing.." He sighed. 


I giggled how he transforms into a cute boy whenever he doesn't get what he wanted. "Snow!"  I yelled.

"Why are you yelling? I'm just by your side."

"You are getting childish." I pouted.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." I step forward to face him. I held his hand. "Thank you Snow."

"What for?" He asked.

"For everything."

"I haven't give you everything yet." 

 

"Please don't ever leave me." I hugged him, and kissed his neck. "Don't leave me."


I felt him tightened the hug I gave him. "I won't. Why would I? I still have the everything to give you." 

"Then what if you're done giving your everything to me? There's a chance that you'll leave me." I sighed. We are together inlove and happy at this moment, but I'm afraid that someday all of this will wash away, because of our damn past.  

"Everything means until the last breath of my lungs. Everything means the countless summer stars. Everything means the winter and snow every December." He grinned. "And it's a cycle, it won't end. Everything for you is a cycle, it is infinite." 


I faced him and caress his cheek. "I hope we will always be like this." 


I kissed his warm lips, his soft lips that turned my world upside down.
His lips, his words that gave me the light to continue living. 

Instead of praying to die, I murmur every night to have a life with him. 

"We will." He said between our kisses. 

 

I was stopped when Yonghwa's phone rang. I smiled at him. "Pick it up." 

He tapped my head and nodded. I went to cassette and turned it off, I carefully get the tape and put it inside a box. This is the most important tape of my life and maybe giving it the most important person for me will never be a waste. 


He came panting. "Ter!" He hugged me.

"What?" I asked. 

"I have double surprise for you." He kissed my hair. 


I pouted at him. "What is it again?"

"We are going to have a practice game with the national team of Japan, so I expect you cheering for me tomorrow." He grinned cutely.

"Of course I will be there." I said. "What's the second?" 

"I'll say after that game."

"I can't wait for tomorrow." I nearly yelled. 

"Me too." He held my hand. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"We are having a date right?" He chuckled.


"Then let's just go on your training place. You need to practice for tomorrow." I advised him. "Or you can just rest."

"It's okay for you?" He asked. "I mean this is our date and--

"We have the cycle to date everyday." I smiled at him. 

 

***


Yonghwa directly went to the training place. It will be the first time he will play with the national team versus the national team of Japan. The whole team is busy practicing when he arrive. Woobin waved his hand. 


"Jung, I'm sorry bout yesterday." He grinned. "I don't want to distract your mind since you are starting to focus again." 

"Woobin," Yonghwa said. 

"Why?"

"They found out already." He smiled.

"Found what?" 

"The one that caused--

 

"Jung!" Yonghwa and Woobin looked at the old man, Yonghwa's Dad. 


"Wait here." Yonghwa lightly punched Woobin's stomach. 


"Dad.." He said.

"Come to my office." His Dad said and started to walk. 

 

Yonghwa faced Woobin. "Later!" He yelled. 

 

"Jung Yonghwa!" Woobin shouted.

"Why?" 

 


Woobin tapped Yonghwa's shoulder. "I guess I can't stop what's going to happen." He said lowly and left Yonghwa. 


***

 

"Park Shinhye.." His Dad whispered while Yonghwa is facing him. "Are you still dating that Park Shinhye?"

Yonghwa curled his hand. "Yes we are. And don't bother hurting her."


His Dad stood up and tried to dust off the countless trophies on his office. "I actually quite enjoying the show."


Enjoying the show. Yonghwa glared at his Dad. "I'm not into a show."

"Really?" His Dad nodded. "Then what about Park Shinhye?"

 

"What do you want?" He yelled.

"I don't want any thing."

"Then stop ruining the life the one that treasure." 

"I'm not." 


He grabbed an envelope between the trophies. "You are my son after all." He smiled. "Thank you." He gave the envelope on Yonghwa. "Thank you for getting something that I badly wanted. 

 


His Dad left him, he was curious what he is saying. He slowly opened the envelope that address to Jung Shinhwa from a woman named Park Sunhye. He was about to get the papers in it but again, his phone rang.


"Snow!" Said on the other line.

"Ter.."

"I also have a surprise for you tomorrow. Good luck." Line was cut.