i

Keep Shining My Star

 


Every person has it's own goal to do. 
Every single mind has it's own knowledge to think. 
Every heart has it's own thing to love. 
Every person have these things at their own reach.
But not all of these people have the courage to step one little closer to what their goals are, what their mind wants to think and their heart yearns about. 

Simply because they are scared.
Simply because we don't know what lies beneath every pages of a book. 
Simply because every person has its own fears. 


It is hard to find one's destiny. It is not given by the time we are born or the time we started walking. Finding are destiny wasn't easy as compared having our goals. Because destiny wasn't that clear compared to goals and that's the big difference between goal and destiny. But half of the people around the world seem to categorized these to important things in same box. 

Goal can be achieve with hard work and passion.
Destiny can be achieve without it.
But on contrast, destiny can be cruel than what lies behind one's goal. 

It is always complicated. 

 

And the only thing can make goal and destiny a simple one, it is love.


Only love.


Only love can be the guide so our goals and destiny can meet in some point that will make every single thing in places. 
Love can be the answer in all questions.
Love can be the instrument on every healing process, accompanied by time. 
Love can only be the reason for every single thing that lives and dies

 

But before love, there's pain, revenge, despair, regret and guilt beneath. 

And love can be the only one answer on those. 

Love can overcome pain, revenge, despair, regret and guilt.
Only love. 

 

***

 


Silence.
Nothing is heard.

 


Just his heavy panting and a ball dribbling back and forth for the million times tonight. His sweats are coming from his wet hair is blinding his sore tired eyes. Still practicing even he had just a long hard training at daylight. It's not the first time doing this, it is his routine for years now. 

Basketball.
Jung Yonghwa.
Basketball. 


For him there is nothing more important than holding the ball with passion. There is nothing in this world that can stop him from his goal. 

He move backward just to increase the gap. A flawless fade away three point shot was made. 
After assuring it was nothing but net, he lay his tired body on the floor.
The coldness of the court made him more heated in his goal.  

 

"Jung!" An old like cement was heard at the entrance. 


He closed his eyes. 

 

"Jung! Get up!" 


The ball placed on his chest rolled over to his arm. He sit up. 

 

"Stopping at the very crucial moment means giving up! Do you know that?" 


"I didn't stop. I just rest for a second." He said calmly.

 

"Resting leads to giving up." The old man answered back. "And once you give up, you're nothing."


He stared at the old man. "I'm not ing giving up, Dad." His voice is still calm. "I will never stop."

 

"Good. You are Jung Yonghwa. You are the best. Don't forget that. And the word giving up wasn't even in your vocabulary. You can stop even if you want to, even if a single rest." He commanded. "Now get your up and start shooting until you reach a thousand." He left the court with his heavy footsteps. 

 


He stood up, gathered all the balls on the tray.

Jung Yonghwa.
Basketball.
Jung Yonghwa.  

 

***

 

Silence.
Nothing is heard.

 

 

I'm always accustomed with this familiar scene. I only hear my melodic sighs that harmonizing the piece I'm practicing. My sweats are controlled, because I have to be always that elegant. 
A ballerina always have to be classy, even when my toes are cracking. It is nearly midnight and my day wasn't ending anytime. I need to start over and over again until my both feet were skilled. Not gonna stop until I can sway and dance even without the piece I'm guiding with. 
Not gonna stop until they said so. 


I'm up with the spinning moves. This is my forte. My hair wasn't tied in a bun so the strands are swaying too. I'm loving it. 

 

"Park Shinhye!" 

 


I was startled on the voice. 


"Ballerina's hair is the most important thing!"


I rolled my eyes a bit. But I didn't respond. It is not the bun that makes a ballerina dance like a lovely swan. 


"Not listening to what is said gonna lead from giving up. Since you have the urge to do so."


"Mom.. Please just tonight. I want my hair sway." I said. "And I'm not giving up."


"Of course you can't give up. You will not give up until you fly to London. You're the best Park Shinhye. Now, tie you hair and start all over again." She pressed the replay button. 

 


I don't have anything to say now. I simply walk into my purse and got some bands and bobby pins for my bun.
And start over again. 


My routine would be always Park Shinhye and ballet.
Ballet and Park Shinhye.

 

Everything I do always depends on ballet.
Every single thing.

 


I saw a hint of blood on my shoes. But it didn't stopped me from dancing.
Because stopping at the very crucial moment leads to giving up.
I always heard that.
That even if I die now, I can't stop from dancing.

 

 

I've always feel this, that my life revolves on one thing, which is ballet.
Without ballet, I am nothing. 
But I'm not sad, I don't have a lonely life. Because I love what I'm doing. I love being the best ballerina that this country can get. I love being ballerina because simply it lives in my veins.

 


I am convinced that every person has its own thing on track. And that track can't be vanished, because it is the one we curve to be the road to take. 
One person must exert his full effort on that one thing. 


Stopping is not an option.
Giving up is not listed on vocabulary. 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

This story has first person narrative point of view, which is Shinhye.

 

Let's start another journey of love.

 

 

 

Sincerely yours,

 

Dokmishin