xxvi

Keep Shining My Star

It is eight in the morning when I arrived at Norie's home. It is the first time I've gone crazy. I took small steps walking in. I left sleeping Jung Yonghwa before the sun rises.
I left him, first reason I don't know what to do when I see him opening his eyes.
Second, I don't know if what happened last night will continue its craziness today. 
I'm actually scared


"Park Shinhye." Norie's voice is cold, but there's a hint of worry on those words. I didn't even feel bothered. 

I grinned at her. I saw how surprised was she. Her face suddenly changed and smiled back at me. "What's wrong?" I asked her. 

"That's the first time I saw you grin like that." 

"And?"

"I love it." She rushed and hugged me. "I love it when you smile. You are beautiful when you smile." 


I awkwardly gestured to her. "I'm sorry Norie." I bit my lip. "I actually just came home." 

"I know, I waited for you all night." She said. 


I was shocked, Mom didn't do it for me. She never waited me, she always left me even I am only two minutes late. Norie is just sweet. "You didn't have to." 


"I have to. You're my responsibility." She tapped my shoulder. "Let's go eat." 


I held her hand. "Thanks Norie." 


"For what?"


"For everything you've done when you step on my life." I genuinely smiled at her. "Thank you." 

 


I am taking small bites of her toasts, I enjoyed the smell of toasts and coffee every morning with her now. How much lonely I can be, my Mom and I never did that for crying out loud. Norie's the first. 


"You're leaving again?" Norie asked me.


I nearly choked. I was sipping my coffee and she bring up Jung Yonghwa again. 
How will I start everything?
This is more complicated that getting revenge back then. Being true and selfless. This is the hardest thing to do. 


"I don't know. Maybe not." I answered hesitantly. "Maybe yes?" 


Norie laughed so hard at me. "Did I tell you about my Rhea Mae?" 


Rhea? Who the hell is Rhea Mae? I curled my nose. "Who is she?"


"She's from orphanage in London, and I stand as her guardian. She's turning seven this year." She smiled. "I suddenly remembered her because of you."


"You stand as her mother?" I cleared the conversation.

"Not really a Mom, but a guardian. I never took her as my own on documents. I just take good care of her needs as a child." 

"Was that possible?" 

"Yes. And you know she talks like that. About the maybes." She giggled. "I miss that child."

 

I suddenly realized that Norie is actually sad. I never asked her about her life because she's too busy on mine. I never bring conversation about her love and life.
"Norie.. I want to know more about you." I sincerely said. 


"About why I don't have family? I mean a husband and a child?" She giggled again. 

"Yes, probably those things." 

 

She gave me a meaningful smile this time. "Maybe some things won't just work out even we try a million times." Then, she placed some blueberries on our toasts. "If you are leaving just tell me so I won't worry."


"Norie, maybe I'll start forgetting the anger in my heart so you can tell me freely the things about you and Mom." I smiled back. "I'm actually excited for that." 

 

"I told you, you will never have the urge to hurt the people you come to love." Norie said to me. "You always have that beautiful heart, Park Shinhye. Maybe that's the big difference between you and your Mom." 


***

 

"You left me." 


I am grinning so widely as Jung Yonghwa said those sweet words to me. Yes, sweet words. I thought he'll be back on his cold state of mind on a one fall day. The breeze is getting colder, the leaves are turning into orange and yellow. 


How will I start everything? That was my question in my mind since last night. But when I saw his eyes, those persevering humbled eyes on him, gained me the knowledge to start everything. 
A fresh air on this breezy autumn day, I finally know what, where and why to start everything. 


"Did you miss me?" I grinned again. 

"Of course." He stood there like a kid. 


Jung Yonghwa, a completely version of me. I get honest answers and questions. 


"But I'm here now." 

"You are."


"Then what are we going to do?" I asked him. "Play?"

 

"I told you, I don't play anymore." He lied.


I know he is so lying. "Let's just shoot some hoops. Teach me." 


"You are a ballerina. You can't play. You might injure yourself." 

 


You might injure yourself.

You might injure yourself.

 

Those words knocked me. 
But this is not about me, this is about Jung Yonghwa.
Not Park Shinhye. 

 

I dragged him and get the tray of balls in front of us. "No, I wouldn't!" I shouted. "Let's play!" 


"I heard that ballerinas like you should never limp even a scratch. You might hurt yourself." He said, I find him too attractive worrying about me.


I stepped forward and pouted. "Where did you actually learned those ballet thingy?" 


"TV," He says. "I realized I should know at least about ballet." 


"Don't worry about me, I am actually on vacation now. You know I'm recovering some things, back then when I was at hospital." I lied. First lie from being sincere. I dribbled the ball and as near as I can take the shot, I took it. And thank God, it was a got in. "See? I can play. A ballerina can play, how much a basketball superstar like you?" I smiled. 


"I am not a basketball superstar now. I'm just a mere guy who lives in an abandoned court." He said. 


"You keep drowning yourself in an invisible trench, Jung Yonghwa. But the real is, you can actually get up and play as hard as you want." I give the ball to him. "You can play better than what you know is the best you can be, Yonghwa.