xxxii

Keep Shining My Star


Yonghwa grabbed my left hand, he perfectly fit his fingers on my hand's gaps. I love it, for his hand perfectly fitted mine. He held my hand for quite sometimes now, but the way he hold my hand felt I'm in the place where winter is the most important, where the snow fall graciously on our heads. It's a place I nearly called heaven. 
Heaven with him. 

I let him hold mine, we started walking. I don't even know why are we walking. We left his motorcycle on Aunt Fona's house. I forgot. I think he neglected. 
Because it's actually the first snow day. 

"I think the stars are getting jealous, right now." I softly said. "You admire snow so much, I can see that." 

"Sshh." He grinned. "The stars might hear you." 


I giggled. This childish but controlling and jealous greedy man. I love him for being like that. Every time. "I actually getting confused, how many girls' hand did you hold like this." I suddenly get jealous, over the things and the people on his life before me. I want to know everything, every detail, I want to hear them all. 

"It's my first time walking on the first snow day." He smiled, as he try to catch the snow falling on my head. "About the hand, I don't remember." 


I loosen the grip of my hand and step forward. "Suit for yourself, basketball superstar." I pouted, not letting him see I'm frowning. I am being childish. 
I just realized he hugged me backwards. He buried his face on my neck and sighed there. I felt loved, again. I'm jealous and loved at the same time.   

"I don't remember because there wasn't a moment I held my hand to others. Maybe they reached out on my hand. But what I'm doing to you, is my first time." He sighed again. "And my last." 


And my last, those words banged my head. I'd love to see that last of us. I would love to see our last sunset together, Yonghwa. "Cold, greedy, jealous and controlling man." I teased. 


"The list is getting longer, Shinhye." He chuckled. "Aren't you cold?" He hugged me tighter. 

"How can I be cold when you wrapped your body on me like summer season?" I tried my best not to laugh. 

He slowly pulled away his arms. "I-I'm sorry." We continued walking. 

 

"Norie will worry about me again." I sighed. 

"I'll get you home then." He smiled at me. 

"She's not home, actually." I paused a bit. "She had a ball to attend tonight. I just fell that she'll worry about me." 

"Next time, I want to meet Norie. Woobin talked sometime about her. I'm getting curious about this woman who's not letting you down." He clung his arm on my shoulder. 

 

*** 


Yonghwa found himself smiling as he walks on his room. It is still snowing.
First snow day of him. First time walking and feeling the hands of Shinhye. It is been months since he felt this magical feeling for Shinhye.
He pushed her away.  She came back. 
He said don't follow him. She insisted. 
He left her that day. She waited for him. 


He's loving Shinhye now. More than he imagine to be. More than himself.
He can't wait for tomorrow to come, because he'll be able to see Shinhye smiling for him. Cheering for him. 
Only for him. 


***


"Had fun last night, Norie?" I said to her, while we are having breakfast together. She's awfully quiet today. She's not chatting, although she's answering my questions with nods. 

"Yes, I met Nice and some acquaintances." She replied shortly. 

"Are you sick?" I placed my palm on her forehead. 

"No, I just feel sorry. I just found out that a friend of mine was actually dead way back then. Nice told me last night." She bit her lip. 

 

"Friend of mine? Who?" I asked in curiosity.

"He's an outsider. I'm blaming poor communication, I should've run to Korea and pay respect to his grave." She looked at me. "I'm sorry, Shinhye." 


I curled my forehead. "Why are saying sorry? You didn't do anything." I calmly said. 


She left me hanging there. Why is she saying sorry? Or maybe I she actually made a mistake, or vice versa? Something is wrong with Norie. I want to know that, I don't her being sad over past. 
Past is past. 
We are happy and I wanted to remain like that. 

I run to her and found her crying. "Hey.. What's wrong?" I shushed her. 

"I'm sorry, Shinhye." She sobbed. "I feel like my past haven't been resolved. So I'm sobbing over the years I'm gone." 

 

I kissed her hair, while caressing her back. "Don't worry, Norie. I'm here." 

"Thank you, Shinhye." She said. 

"Anytime. Maybe you wouldn't solve the problems of yours decades ago, but now you just solved mine. Thank you and I promise you. I'll help you." I smiled at her, assuring that we will get through this. I'll never leave her. 
Never. 
Even I don't know where or how to begin. I'll just keep on holding Norie's hand til we reach the solutions to her problems way way ago. 

 

"Last night, it is actually the first snow day." I diverted our conversation. "Don't you think it's perfect to walk with the snow falling?" 


Norie released a very deep sigh. "That's the most wonderful thing about winter." She begin to smile. "Why? Did you just did that yesterday?"


I blinked my eyes twice. My face begin to turn red. "Huh? No! Gosh, Norie. Why would I do that?" I said, hysterically. 

 

"See, you did it." She said as if she's so sure. "Don't lie at me, I know you enough." 

"Fine." 

"Care to let me meet him sometime?" Norie winked at me. 

"He actually want to meet you." I said, shyly. "Don't scare him if ever you meet him, okay?" 

"I'm not a monster, Shinhye." She laughed.


I felt relieved. Somehow, about her past were forgotten even for a bit. I just wished everything about Norie will put on their own places. So, somehow, the past boggling her, the past she run away will solved like what's mine.