lx

Keep Shining My Star


As I step in the huge arena, big crowd and loud cheers are eating me. This is the first time seeing, almost the whole country cheering the basketball national team. This is the first seeing Yonghwa playing on the championships. And it's his first time to play in the finals with his team mates. This kind of moment was supposed to happen way back then, but now, I think this is the best time for it.

Every person I am seeing at this moment have their biggest smiles as the players go play in the court, I keep myself away from the special people at the patron side, because I don't want to lose myself when I'm in there seeing Yonghwa eye to eye. I'm so happy that he is now here, playing the championships, playing for our country. But I can't control myself to be with the fans love him despite of being just ordinary citizens. I want to feel the ordinary people's vibe that will make our team win. I want it, and Yonghwa understood it. As I look down on the vip section, there's Norie with my Mom and the cute little girl Rhea Mae. Shinhwa is on the bench side, that is assisting the coach sometime. I see Yonghwa and Woobin keep chatting and looking around. This two guys, I already said that I'm going to be faraway and they understood it when I said but here they are looking for me. I played a simple smile and waved my hand, on the moment Yonghwa saw me.


I'm in the huge crowd but in just a wave he found me. I gave him my best smile to shine upon him to be good. I've always know that he put his effort on every game. He waved back and even from a far, I saw his lips formed the words I love you. My tears are nearly breaking because now, his dreams are fulfilled. This is what he wanted, I nodded at him and I whispered go my star. I don't care if he can't understand it, because his heart knows it will always be an I love you too.


As the whistle blows, loud cheers crowded my mind again. There he is, the most shining star in the court.
There he is wearing a jersey numbered seventeen.
There he is playing.
Playing..

I can't believe myself, at first I didn't mind anybody, as well as him.
We are crept up and built our respective walls to be our comfort zone.
I really can't believe that I even imagine this moment to real someday, I'm still having that doubt on myself if I am in a beautiful dream.


A beautiful dream where Yonghwa is sweating like hell, but there is the whole world that is going to make him fell in heaven.
A beautiful dream where I am smiling at him, and he's responding to those smiles every time he knocks the balls into the rim.
A beautiful dream where even there are the crowds and thuds, I only seem him. And he only see me.


A beautiful dream, that turns out to be the sweetest reality.

 

 

 

I felt my phone vibrated and it took me down to read it. It's my Mom saying where am I because Rhea Mae is whining because she can't see me. I replied at I'm watching the game but I really can't take the sit below because it's too blinding to see him playing. Too blinding but I am still greedy for him to shine more.

"Miss," the guy beside me said.

"Yes?"

"Jung Yonghwa, who is wearing number 17 keep looking to you." He smiled.


I smiled.

"Why are up here? You should go down there and wait for him every time out."

"I'm want him to be more focus."


"Do you think his focusing on the game? He is focusing on you." He blurted. "Look at the scores, we are down with five points."


That made me realize that Yonghwa is own his jealous alert again. Geez.
I want him to focus, but he's just staring at me every time his in the bench and as if he's not listening to his Dad. He wanted this bad, why isn't he cooperating? "Should I go down and knock him for once?" I giggled.

"You must Miss. I don't want our country to lose." The guy said.

 

I nearly jump off the bleacher I'm sitting as I tried to keep myself from getting so excited to see him near. Half time is approaching and I need to go down as soon as possible. I felt another vibration and it's my brother, I glared at him because he is so not allowed to use any gadget when he is in a hectic game.

Shinnie where are you? I don't see you anymore on that direction. Your Snow can't concentrate now.

I'm still glaring at him but he can't see so I realized again how dummy my brother is. The referee announced it's officially half time. I am waiting for Snow to come out on their bench but Woobin passed already and I didn't see any shadow of Yonghwa. I messaged Woobin but he's not answering me. Is he jealous again or something? Or he felt something wrong in him? Oh God questions are starting to scare me once again, I don't want to see any feelings that lead me back to something I don't want to remember. I keep calling Yonghwa, but a voice coming from the arena's speakers started to hell me out.


"Everybody call me the basketball superstar," the voice said that I am sure freaking sure that it is his voice. "But what's the real meaning of it? I don't even know." He sighed, I looked around but I can't see him anywhere. "We are down with bunch of points and I really feel pressured, I used to play without lights for the past two years but now where the lights are bright I can't even shoot a triple." I heard him smirk, as the people try to understand what's he saying. "I keep wanting this moment to happen, to play to grab the trophy. I keep wanting this but what I realize from all this the thought of being superstar. It is winning this game not for myself, but for the only star who made me realize my dreams. A dream not being the best in here, but being the best for my one and only star." Then he cleared his throat, I want to hug him badly now and say everything is okay.


Then a second after, someone with the towel on his head faced me. It is Yonghwa, who is crying with his sweated face. I want to touch him and wipe those off but he smiled.
He smiled at me as if everything is going to be all right.
And from that moment, I know we are going to win it.
We are going to own the championship.
Because there's that one star shining in the whole court, which is him.


I know it, by heart.

 


***


I found him inside the abandoned court, he lay his body there as if he is sleeping so soundly. My steps are lighter this time because I don't want make him feel more uncomfortable. I sit beside him as I caress his chest. I am trying to calm him down with the things happened today.

"Snow.." I whispered, but he never replied. "Hey.." I tried to call him again but he pulled me closer to him and made me fall on his chest. I can hear his heart beating so fast. 'Snow.."

He didn't said a thing again.


"You just won, Snow." I said to him. "Your team just won." I caressed him. "And that's not a beautiful dream."

"Thank you for reminding me this isn't a dream." He cried. "Because I don't to wake up without you, being like this."


I stared at him, "well, we don't have to dream anymore." I held his cheeks. "We don't have to be greedy anymore." I smiled. "I mean, what more can we ask for."

"Being with you is more than a beautiful dream, Ter."

"And I love it because you keep coming back to this place.."

"Of course, because it's the very first time you waited for me." He kissed my cheek. "And that moment, you knew me by just staring at my eyes. As if you see the real me, more than what I think of myself."


'Then get up now, Jung Yonghwa. The whole world wants to see you." I cheered him.


"Why do I even need to get up?" He smiled at me. "You are the whole world to me, Ter. You are the star, the winter and the whole world to me."


I smiled at him. "Then don't get up." I kissed him on his lips. "Let Woobin handle everything." I giggled.


"Thank you Ter, for everything." He said in his most sincere tone. "I love you.." Then he held me enough for me to sit and face him so near.

"I love you too," I said as tears coming down.

 

 


I came to realize, one person is a star to other.
One person is destined to shine on one's life.
That even you try to hide your light, that one person will still feel how you shine.


Just like the stars when the clouds are hiding them. You can't see them through your eyes but your heart feel that those stars are shining up there and just waiting for the rain to stop.

Let's be that one star on your love ones lives. We don't to be perfect. We don't even have to anybody.
Let's just be like a star that it's only purpose is to shine brightly.

 

 

And when we are done, they are going to be lighting up our whole world and will have a chance of a lifetime to say "keep shining my star"