xxxiv

Keep Shining My Star

 

"Jung Yonghwa" I cold, strong voice was heard again. It is his Dad. I pulled my body with the embrace intact with Yonghwa.

I bowed at his Dad. "Nice to see you again, Sir." I said in a low voice, his stand is intimidating. Yonghwa is not saying a word. I held his hand instead, telling him that he must talk to his Dad by looking at him.
I failed.


"Park Shinhye, right?" He said. "Are you seeing my son?" His tone was flat and I can't tell if he's being kind or just nothing but not interested.


"Ye--

"She's not." Yonghwa stood up. "She's not seeing me like you think we are." He said.


I was surprised with his gesture, I didn't understand him for this time being. "Sn-
I bit my lip. I shouldn't just call him Snow when I want to. "Yonghwa.." I whispered.

"Actions speaks a louder than a lie, Jung Yonghwa." His Dad smirked. "Seeing each other is not a sin." He said.

"We are not." Yonghwa said again. "Let's go, Winter." He dragged my hand, addressing me as Winter makes me heart flutter. We left his Dad on the bleachers, smirking. I don't get a thing, but my heart felt worry the way his Dad stare at me. But the time Yonghwa held me hand, everything vanished.


***

"You shouldn't talk to him." He said calmly, we are back the abandoned court. This is our hanging out place. "You don't know what he's capable of."

"He let us see each other, though." I said.

"Don't trust that man. He might hurt you." He might hurt you. I bit my lip.

"Don't worry about me." I smiled at him. "You should practice more, Snow."

"I'm tired." He said.

"You were never tired for basketball." I said to him.

"Got me." He smiled. He grabbed my hand. "But Ter, beware of my Dad. I know what he's capable of. And he can hurt anyone. He freely hurts me, his own son. What more of people not related with him?"


Jung Yonghwa, Yonghwa, Snow - he made me like this. He might hurt you, he said pertaining on his Dad.
But Jung Yonghwa already brought pain to me.
Yonghwa screw me for a revenge.
But Snow made me regain what's more important than what I just lost. So now, I don't care for anyone who will hurt me. Because I know Snow made on that road too, for me.
We are two people like made with mirrors, that in a blink of an eye, we'll break into pieces. We will be broken, but the reflection will turn into million. Reflection that will make un whole again, reflection that will lead into thousands of road.
No one will hurt me, that hard. Since I went to the edge of pain. Same with Snow.

So I'm okay. We are okay.

"I will." I smiled at him.


***

"Norie.." I hugged Norie while she is resting on our couch. She's been busy lately because of her duties on the classical ballet rehearsals for the winter act. It's been the year's light, last year I was the main ballerina. I was the always the one, who's in front, being the face of each acts. "Is it Kim Shinwon?" I asked, Kim Shinwon, dad of Woobin.


Norie bit her lips and her face turned pale. When I saw that expression of her, I know I'm sure. Kim Shinwon and Norie have something in the past. I don't want to jump over to conclusions, I want Norie to tell it all to me. "H-how did you know?" She asked.

I smiled at her and hug her tightly. "Woobin gave me some evidence." I said calmly. "And it turned out, it's positive."

"That man, Kim Woobin, Shinwon's son?" She asked again. "Is he good to you?" She asked that made me curious.

I chuckled at her question. "Yes, he's been good to me. But more like a big brother. Don't get me wrong, Norie." I smiled at her, Woobin has been a wall for me. He's always there whenever I need help, and I don't want anybody to misunderstand what is happening to us.

"Good to know." She smiled.

"So, what's with you and Kim Shinwon?" I asked, without having some respect. I bit my lip.

"Shinwon?" She stopped but the way her expression tells me, was like having good memories with that Kim Shinwon guy. "Shinwon is a very special guy to me."

I sighed. "More like boyfriend?" That's it, I wanted her to say Shinwon and her had a past, a romantic past.

She laughed loudly. "Boyfriend?" I curled my forehead with curiosity. "More than a boyfriend." She said.


More than a boyfriend. That's it, I got what I wanted. They had past way back then. But what happened? If they are together back then why aren't they did end up together?

"Stop with the thoughts, Shinhye." She pinched my cheeks. "Kim Shinwon is my very very best friend. More than a boyfriend. A best friend." She cleared. "We never been what your mind is going through. We are simply friends, a family."

Norie is playing with me, she has that charisma. I pouted in front of her, wanting more of her silly stories. "I want to know the whole story." I said.


Norie fixed the way she's sitting on the couch and stared at me. "H-how did you know Kim Woobin to begin with?"

"Through Jung Yonghwa." I smiled at Norie. "He's the one I want you to meet. He's name is Jung Yonghwa."


"A Jung?" She said, I was surprised but I think she stuttered on saying the word Jung.

"Yes, a Jung. If ever you don't know, Jung are like Parks on--

"I know that." She cut me. "I know that very well." Her expression turned into bitterness. She trying to hide it but I know Norie well enough, so she can't lie to me. These silly stories from behind trying to bug me again.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

 

051914

Update!

 

 

I want to congratulate a very very special and good friend of mine, Rhea Mae, for passing the civil cervice exam!

God bless you.

 

P.S.

I accept your treat tomorrow happily and solemnly! Hhaha!

 

Love,

 

Dokmishin