xv

Keep Shining My Star


Morning welcomed me so brightly. I am facing my window on my room - hospital room, with so much delight on my face. Truly, sun never left me. When I'm on my ballet shoes, even today when I left with nothing. 


Even the world and inside it left you, there are stars outside that will never give up on.


I remember his words again. I find myself thinking of the things about Jung Yonghwa. I'm too centered about everything about him right now, leading me to my sweetest revenge. I was startled when my nurse knocking at my door. I know it's my nurse, because no one will visit me. I just know it for heaven's sake. 


"Feeling better now?" She asked me with a smile. I knew it, and I'm not that disappointed. It is always right that less expectation, the less ache you'll suffer in the end.


"Hmm." I hummed. I face her and let me take the meds I need to eat. For me to get better and be a normal person. "When will I get discharge here?" 


"I don't know when." She shortly said. "Maybe after the doctor discussed something."
 

My eyebrow raised a bit. "Something?" I asked. "What about that something?" 


"See your doctor." She smiled at me. "I think you are all right now, physically." She reached my hand and squeezed it real hard. I am moved by my nurse's act. I wondered if my Mom ever did that to me, or Euna, or anyone before this. I really need to expect less and strive for myself. "I hope you'll able to heal your heart so you can be whole again, or should I say for you to know the feeling of being whole, as a person that is loved and loving." She smiled. 

What a meaningful words coming from a person who I didn't even know. 
Strangers are the best when you don't know who are real in your life, at least this nurse don't have a damn on me and yet she's making me feel special. 
"Thank you--" I caught myself not knowing her name, the nurse's name! She's been treating me with so much care but I don't even know who she is. And this time, she's not wearing any name plate. I sighed. 


"You can call me Nice." She smiled again, I wonder if my Mom smile like this, I bet not. 


"What a nice name." I giggled. "But really, thank you Nice." She's as age as my Mom so I don't know what to call her, maybe Aunt Nice or Nurse Nice. She's been so good to me so a simple thank is all I'm saying. 


"No problem, Shinhye." She fixed my hair in a bun, I knew that she's a former ballerina so she know how to tie like this. "Just call me when you need help." She kissed my hair. 


I didn't utter a word. 


***


"Jung Yonghwa~" I sneaked slowly on his room but I found nothing. A plain bed and newly cleaned room. I got out of the room and look at the name of the patient. The name Jung Yonghwa is no where to be found. Did he left already? Discharged already? 
I smirked. What a bad person. He didn't even tell me that he is going to be discharge. I wasn't able to say my thoughts. Of course all part of my revenge. 

"Jung Yonghwa, you can't escape from this." I whispered to myself. I'll find you and will make your life miserable like mine. Don't forget that. 

 


I'm on my way to my doctor to know the something Nice had said to me a while ago. Because when I discharge too. I need to get out of this hospital and continue my plan. 
I knocked twice and I heard come in. 


"I see you're better that the last time I saw you." My doctor greeted me. "Sit." 


"What do I need to know, Doctor?" I asked her. 


She is playing tricks on her pen. "You sure you want to hear it all?" 


I nodded. Yes, I'm on. Let's hear it all. Don't give a damn to anyone now. "Tell me every single thing." 


My doctor adjust the way she sits and face my seriously. As if there is something she need to tell me. I crinkled my forehead a bit to show how how curious am I right now. "I was going to say these to you that day but you shut me out because you're too angry and such. And I hope this will make you at ease." She paused a bit. "The reason why you can't be a ballerina is  not because the accident, Shinhye. The accident don't have done anything wrong." She let me see my results, previous results on my check up. "You've been torturing yourself that leads to bleeding and making you lose your sense in dancing." 

 

"So, you are telling me it's my whole fault?!" I nearly shouted at her. What she had said didn't made me at ease, not a single thing. It made me more angry, to the whole world. Torturing myself? So, that's what they saying to the hard work for me. 


"I completely understand what you are going through now, Shinhye. But please understand that this is the outcome of what you are doing on yourself for the past years. You never stop, you abuse your talent. You never rest." She explained. 


"Do you think the world will accept that reason?" I asked her. "I never stopped because it will lead to giving up." I said to her, directly. "Do you think my Mom will accept that reason?!" I cried out. The pain I'm enduring now is too much. 


She stood up and hugged me. "I've already said this to your Mom, Shinhye. But she's as stubborn as you." 


"She'll never accept any reason." I sobbed. 


"Life doesn't stop from being a ballerina, Shinhye." She said to me. 

 

Life doesn't stop from being a ballerina, Shinhye