xx

Keep Shining My Star


"She's staying with me." Norie sounded so cold when said that in front of my Mom. 


That night she dragged me on her house and she insisted that she will make those anger go away. I really don't get her, she's been so kind and stuff to me. I haven't cross asking what happened back then, because simply I don't care about pasts. 


"Park Shinhye, what on earth is this?!" Mom stood in front of me. "Why are you staying with a stranger?" She nearly shouted again, she's always like that. 


"Stop shouting with your own daughter, Park!" Norie tormented. "When you will stop?!" 


"Park Shinhye is my daughter, I'm her Mom. Stay away from that line, Lee." She gripped on my wrist, it hurts. "Stop caring on everything. You are the one who need to stop. You stop taking away things from me." 

 

You stop taking away things from me.

I don't care about pasts, but it feels that I need to know it. Mom is still my Mom and the pain behind those words are not ordinary. They are deadly, as if everything were taken by Norie from her hands. 
As if everything depended on Norie. 


"Your daughter is not a thing, Park." Norie calmed herself. "And I'm not taking anything from you, since then." 

 

I don't understand a thing on these two. 

 

"Park Shinhye, you are not going to sleep on Lee's house. Go home." Mom commanded. 

 

I snatched my wrist on her hand. "I won't."

 

 

"You heard her, Park." Norie sighed. "Maybe not until you realized your acts." She caress my shoulder and we left there my Mom.


I actually left my Mom. 
She's been the one who's leaving me every time I get a failing piece or when I get bleeding feet every after training. 
It is actually the first time, I left her with someone. 
With Norie. 

 

***


"When will you keep on doing this, Yonghwa?" Woobin shouted at him, while he is lying on the cold floor, in the abandoned court. It is Yonghwa's favorite training place, the dark, dusty and quiet training place. 


"Why are you here?" He says. 


"It's been weeks, Jung Yonghwa. C'mon, get on your feet and start training." Woobin shakes Yonghwa's arms. "You need to start being yourself." 


Yonghwa gripped on Woobin's hands, he shrugged and sit beside him. "I am being myself." He said, failing Woobin to get him how he used to. 

"No, you are not. You said you wouldn't stop, it's just ACL. ACL won't kill a Jung Yonghwa." He shouted. 


"You don't know what you are talking about Woobin." He stared at him. "ACL didn't kill me, but it killed all the people's trust in me." 


"For heaven's sake, Yonghwa!" Woobin blurted. "Your life doesn't depend on how your Dad wants you to be. You need to get out of that jail. You need to start being yourself." 


"Kim Woobin, stop implying that you knew all. Stop giving me those thoughts. I'm not going to play anymore." There's something called pain pricked on his voice. 

 

Play, Yonghwa. Play.
That girl's words knocked on his mind. How can a girl, that girl who he just met on the hospital gave him that chills. 
What does she knows?
She doesn't know anything. 
She doesn't have the permission to give command. 


"Then why are you still here?" Woobin's tone suddenly changed. "If won't play anymore, then why are you here?" 


"At least give me a place to sleep, Kim Woobin." He sighed. 


"I don't understand you. You gave your life into something you love, but now you are throwing it like you disgusts basketball." He finally stood up. "Jung Yonghwa, I just hope you are happy with that you're doing." He stepped out on the abandoned court. 

 


"Kim Woobin, you're lucky. You don't have this kind of life, being pulled then push whenever there are people coming in and out." He whispered to himself, he lied again on the cold floor. He sighed. 

 

***

 

"I did really left my Mom there." I cupped my face, I thought twice and I realized I'm such a bad daughter. Yes, she's maybe the worst Mom but I think that's not the alarm that I need to be the worst daughter too. 
I left her, with this Norie. 


Two warm arms embraced me, Norie's warm hands. I smiled unconsciously.

 

"No, you didn't." She whispered to my ear. "You just need to give time to think her mistakes with you, Shinhye." 


"Why it feels like I stab her in the back, the time you grabbed my hand? It felt so wrong, it's the first time I saw her eyes hurt like that." I sobbed. 


"You need to hurt her." She stopped, then she starts caressing my back with her warm hand. "You need to hurt her so she'll stop hurting you. And she will realized that she need to let go of the pain jailing her all this time.


"How much do you know my Mom?" I asked. "Why it feels that you and her have something back in the past? Competition?" 

 

'One of the things." She faced me. "The time you let go of all the anger on your heart, that's the time you'll know, all of the things." She finally gave a sweet smile, Norie is such a good person. "Let's go!" She held my hand, again. 

 

I stopped sobbing like a kid on her shoulder. "Where are we going?"


"You need to cheer up. What about a blueberry cream cheese?" 

 

Why it feels like Norie is way better than Mom?
Why it feels like I am hoping that Norie is my real Mom so I have a reason to accept why Mom is being like that to me? But Norie, explained and stressed every time that I am my Mom's daughter. So that's a pain, since I still don't know why and how things work. 
I've been struck lightings and thunders on my heart but I still can not accept that the hurricanes on my life will never cease. 


"Thanks Norie." I whispered.