iv

Keep Shining My Star

 

"Go take a quick shower before taking the practice game." Woobin threw a towel on Yonghwa's head. "Freshen up!"


He swayed the towel and threw it to his bag. "What's the use?" He smirked. "Don't tell me because a lot of people will watch so I need to be good-looking?"


Woobin played a goofy smile. "Yes, I'm worried about your fans when they see you sweating like an old man. You might lose them." He tapped Yonghwa's head. "Go, now."


Yonghwa lazily stood up and grabbed the towel he just threw. "Who thinks about having fans? They don't know me for God's sake." He whispered.


"They don't know you but at least be entertain for them. You are a superstar."


"What am I? I am an athtete, and this is not showbusiness." He firmly said. "To begin with, I don't need to entertain them."

 

"That's the world turn around, Yonghwa. And we can't handle its weight until we change." He stood up also. "People out there don't know us personally, but it doesn't mean those people love us less. They love want we're doing, we should at least return the favor. Even for a bit, Yonghwa." He smiled.

 

"You see the world differently, Woobin. And I don't see the good things you're looking at."

 

Woobin smirked. "It's because your both eyes are closed. They are closed since then. You can't even see the world, Yonghwa."


Yonghwa smiled. His hand is on way to unlock the door. "Let's just do our best later."

 

"Ok. With your eyes open, if possible." Woobin said last.

 

 

 

***

 

"Jung!" His Dad shouted at him.

 

He didn't said a word, while he's drying his wet hair. He felt so irritably because a lot people went to practice game, and he wasn't that focus for today. He was afraid he might not threw a hundred percent plays, as he always did.

 

"Were you with Kim all along?" He asked.


"#4 Kim Woobin, yes." He said.


"Stop hanging out with him."

 

He stopped rubbing a towel on his hair. "Dad, Woobin and I were buddies since I got in. What nonsense thing you're talking about." He said. "As his junior, I need to pay some respect."

 

"You're not in a military, Jung. Positions or who got in first doesn't ing matter here." He scolded. "You better win this game, in all your effort or else you wouldn't get a single blink tonight."

 


This is why his both eyes are closed. This is why he treat and accept the world differently than anyone else.
The pressure is always there, and he thought it is healthy.
The more cruel the world give him, the more his eyes will keep close
. "It is only a practice game, Dad." He stressed.

 


"I don't care. You see the people over there? Half of that pray you win, and the half is cursing you. You should give the half of the their smiles, and the half of that receiving their own curses." He looked to Yonghwa. "Treat every game you had the last game of yours."

 

The referee whistled, game starts.

 

Loud cheers are all over the court.


"Point guard, #17, Jung Yonghwa!"


"Shooting guard, #12, Lee Jonghyun!"


"Small forward, #8, Lee Jungshin!"


"Power Forward, #10, Kang Minhyuk!"


"And center, #4, Kim Woobin!"

 

 

"Our national team is so full packed, they've got the talents, hardwork and passion." The commentator on the practice game shouted. "And Jung Yonghwa is like a cherry top on ice cream. He's the best man in court."

 

 


"Look at the girls shout for you, Yonghwa." Minhyuk said while they are at the court, playing.


He didn't even play a single smile on his face, he is completely focused on the game. As his Dad said to him a while ago.

 

 

"Jung Yonghwa, three!!"

 

He just shut a three blazing points. He's that amazing.
The whole crowd cheers for him and for the team.

 

 


"You played like a blazing assasin, Jung Yonghwa." Jonghyun smiled. "Being on top in the Asian cup will be an easy target for us since we have you."

 

"Targets wasn't easy, it haven't been easy, Lee Jonghyun."

 

"Calm down, Yonghwa. This aren't a real game." He laughed. "Get yourself a bit relaxation."

 


"I can't relax for even a second, til I reach what I need to achieve." He stopped while he's drinking water and never entertained his teammates.

 


***

 

"That's Jung Yonghwa." Euna said.


"I didn't knew his that popular and good." Her friend said. "I wish Shinhye went with us today, so she can enjoy a bit."

 

"Probably she's down having turns she missed on her performance. She's really a pitiful girl." Euna pouted. "She's like a bird trapped on her own nest."

 

"Will she enjoy this game if ever she comes?"


"I wish but not probably gonna happen." Euna laughed. "Let's just pray the best for that girl"

 

"As you were saying, that Jung Yonghwa is really hot."

 

"Jung Yonghwa is mine, you ." Euna said with her smile fading away. "He's mine."

 


***

 

As I was walking to home, I heard a lot of people buzzing with the practice game. I'm living in a country when every person give emphasize with sports than what I do, which is dancing.
I sighed. "What's good about that?"

 

When people are cheering with their own bets, I am here looking for ways to improve more my improvements.
While normal person eats and watch movies, I am here thinking on how to be a better instrument on the art of ballet.

Park Shinhye.
Ballet.

I am not a normal person, I am Park Shinhye.
That's what I'm trying to say everytime I think I'm losing that hope on myself.
I have bigger goals than others.
I see the world differently.
Because I am Park Shinhye
.

 

***

 

"Team, meet our national goddesses of ballet, Choi Euna, Park Jimin and Kim Nayoung." Assistant Coach Lee Taewoong said. "They visited us even in their busy schedule, as you guys have also."

 

All players shake their hands with them except Jung Yonghwa.
Euna is wating for him to get a hold of his hand. But he's not coming any near.

 

"He's not gonna make even an eye contact, Miss Euna." Woobin played a teasing laughed. "Center, #4 Kim Woobin." He extend his hand and reached hers. "Nice to meet you."

 

"I'm pleased to meet you too." Euna awkwardly smiled.

 

 

"I'm off." Yonghwa said as he grabbed his bag. "Good job for today's pratice."

 


"I told you, Choi Euna. He doesn't give a damn to anyone. Unless you are a ball." Woobin laughed again.