vi

Keep Shining My Star

 


"Man, what are you still doing here?" Minhyuk said while Yonghwa is still making some hoops. "Time check, 10:48pm" He smiled.


"Time doesn't matter on court, it is the points you earned." He said. "And you?"


"I will just get my luggages on my locker. You know we need to start packing." He got the ball on Yonghwa. "And do you really think time doesn't matter?" He smirked. "I think you are so wrong with that perception."

 

He stopped. "What do you mean start packing?"

 

"Just got the memo. You haven't?"

 

 

"Jung!" A loud voice just roared on the court. "Go pack your things. You're off to Japan on Thursday."

 

"That early?" Yonghwa looked at Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk smirked. "You said time doesn't matter but you have the guts to say the word early." He dribbled the ball. "I guess you have some contradictions, on your own self."

 

He didn't respond to Minhyuk. "I will now." He hence shouted to his Dad.

 

 


"Don't forget we have some farewell party tomorrow night. No attendance there, no passport going to Japan. Assistant coaches' command." He smiled.

 

"Kang, you should get your things and out." His Dad said. "Faster, Jung!"

 

 

"Yonghwa, don't tell your Dad about the party, or else we are dead. Tell him we have a practice if ever he asked you." He whispered.

 


Yonghwa wiggled his head and smirked. He gathered all the balls he used and start cleaning up the tired floors. "Dad, I'm going out as soon I'm done with this."

 

 


***

 


I am staring at the blank white ceiling of our practice room. This will be the last time I'm gonna look at this old practice room.


Because they will take everything away from you, even you call it yours.


Mom is always like this. As if the world have a lot of sufferings on her. She always have that revenge to everybody.
I'm her daughter and she's my Mom but we never have that sincere communication. Always commanding, always shouting, but I never heard of the voices in her own heart.

She wanted me to be like her. She wanted me to be that cold-blooded person who strives even it is the fall of someone. I know her capacity because she is my Mom. But I don't wanna be like her. I don't want to be the person who needs to break someone to make myself better to everyone.

 


"Shinhye, what are you doing here?"


I glanced and saw it is Euna. "Nothing, just thinking how much I will miss this."


"Then don't go." She said with a straight face. "Just kidding." Then she breaks a loud laugh. "You have everything, you wouldn't miss a thing here."

 


"Who said I have everything? What a silly thought." I smirked.


"Then if you don't know you have everything, you are such a greedy person." She said to me. "Still wanting for more."

 

"Yes, I have what I earned. But every person has its own greed. Every person search for contentment, and I'm still searching for that, Choi Euna." I honestly said to her.

 

"If you'll ask me, if I am in your shoes, I would have find contentment." She said.

 

"Really?" I sighed.


She nodded. "But I'm not you."

 

I nodded.

 


She dragged my hand. "Let's go!"


I am curious what's happening. "Where?"

 

"We have a little farewell party for you." She jollily said.

 

"My Mom doesn't know this."

 

"After 10pm we are done. And we know tomorrow morning is your flight." She smiled. "Let's go!"

 


***

 

I'm playing my fingers on the table I'm in.
Loud music, loud people. It's not my taste at all. And this alcohol I'm taking, I'm nearly cursing the bartender. I placed my free hand on my forehead. I wanna go home.


Euna and the others are playing like pro on the dance floor. I think this is not a farewell party for me. It's like their party, not because of me leaving but more of them becoming free on competition. Just what Mom said. I know these girls are pressured also every time they heard pieces coming from the player, or coaches shouting at them.


"Can I get an autograph?" A man behind me said, a tall and bubbly one.


I moved my eyebrows for emphasis. "Sorry?"


"Autograph." He repeated. He gave me a piece of paper, looking like a vintage one. I carefully reached it so the paper wouldn't crumple.

 

"What's your name?" I asked him.


"My name is Kim Woobin but the autograph I'm taking wasn't for me. But I know you and I like how you do moves like a swan. Sorry, I don't know what--


"It's called ballet. And I'm a ballerina, not a swan." I boredly said. "Then who will I address on this?"


He grinned widely and gently tapped my head which made me irritated.


"Address that to 'greedy guy'" He fixed my hair. "Inspire him."

 

I'm totally into the thought that this man in front of me is really a crazy one.

 

Greedy guy,


Stop smiling like a fool because everyone will think of you as a weirdo.
Being greedy doesn't mean that bad, just know when you'll stop.

And please stop messing with one's hair.

 

From:

Same as you, a greedy girl.

 


I folded the paper but it's no use because he opened it as soon I give it to him. Actually I'm pertaining about him not the other one, who he calls a greedy man.

 

"I told you, it's not for me." He pouted.

 

I smirked.

 

"So you labeled yourself as a greedy person too?" He smiled.


"I'm done with you the autograph, sorry but I don't talk to much to stranger." I stood up.

 

"Okay. I just visited Choi Euna here. I actually going out now but I saw you." He pointed at the paper. "Anyways, thanks for this. He will surely get this, but I'm not sure he will be inspired by a greedy person just like him."

 

 

"Do what you want with that." I said without taking a glance at him.